Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Gee. I love everything about how Krakoa was formed...yes even the retcon and lies by omission, and HoX/PoX and the ruling QC etc...everything! But yes, the lies need to be set on fire revealing the truth and Erik and Charles and Moira shown the error of their ways.
    It was fairly clear by the first part you want it to last and that's understandable, though the later half reminded me why i feel it won't be long for the world, regardless of upcomming in universe course corrections and how i think it could have a stronger foundation to last. Just personal opinion of course.

Mystique could burn down No Place...but leave the rest of krakoa untouched...that's if it's a literal immolation and not a figurative one.
    For example yes. Despite my doomseeing above, i get the impression the X-office isn't done yet with Krakoa yet for another 2 years at least (MCU X-men projects are also still fairly far away), especialy since the new take on the core book is still firmly rooted it for the time being. So it appears unlikely to me Inferno will burn it all down. Though there hopefully will be a notable impact, given the title.

Interesting thought, though...just how will Krakoa himself react to a direct threat of fire and harm to his person?
    Considering it's a complex hive mind of various forms of flora and fauna, which has also produced a mysterious bio-mass which is seemingly capable of being formed into various forms of technology otherwise only achievable via complex manufactoring processes, one has to wonder if fire can really harm it any meaningfull way and if in turn it even has any fear of it? Or at least any greater fear of it as highly developed machines would have?

Just because it's bio-mass and plant like does not meant it's naturaly as flameable as many "ordinary" plants. Since there are plenty plants which have evolved to be resistant to fire and a complex organism like Krakoa could easily make itself fire proof via super natural means.

I'm also getting reminded to Eucalyptus trees. Which are notoriously fire prone because of their highly flamable oil. Yet they also evolved into being equaly highly flame resistant.

In a way. Eucalyptus has essentialy evolved into setting raging fires around itself to remove it's competition and then regrow from there to start anew.

Who's to say Krakoa itself is not having that as part of it's natural cycle?

And then there is the fact that we never quite get a good look into Krakoa's own head. What it wants. How it feels. What it's own plans are for the future. We only get translations and interpretations from it and only by a single awkward teenager as (albeit capable) translator.

And languages are a notorious tricky thing, even if one can perfectly understand them. Since there is a difference between understanding and even speaking a language and being able to translate it into another without something getting "lost in translation" or requiring footnotes to understand.

This actualy makes me wonder when Redroot the Forrest might finaly be freed from Jasper? Because it would be interesting to hear someone else translate for Krakoa (albeit Redroot translated for Arrako who seems to have developed a different "dialect").

Albeit even without that question. Someone please get her out of that glass.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-20-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, Gee. I love everything about how Krakoa was formed...yes even the retcon and lies by omission, and HoX/PoX and the ruling QC etc...everything! But yes, the lies need to be set on fire revealing the truth and Erik and Charles and Moira shown the error of their ways.

Mystique could burn down No Place...but leave the rest of krakoa untouched...that's if it's a literal immolation and not a figurative one.

Interesting thought, though...just how will Krakoa himself react to a direct threat of fire and harm to his person?

I was just pondering this an hour ago.If Mystique sets a literal fire upon the island,I would love to see an issue just with seeing Krakoa going apesh*t & chasing her through-out the island, trying to kill her.Hilarity would ensue LOL
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

Quote Originally Posted by RealEyesRealizeRealLies77 View Post
    I was just pondering this an hour ago.If Mystique sets a literal fire upon the island,I would love to see an issue just with seeing Krakoa going apesh*t & chasing her through-out the island, trying to kill her.Hilarity would ensue LOL
    Haha sign me up for this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealEyesRealizeRealLies77 View Post
    Lawd Faddah! LOL Yes, eh!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 1
    Stefano Caselli -ISSUE 2
    RB SILVA -ISSUE 3
    Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 4

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 1
    Stefano Caselli -ISSUE 2
    RB SILVA -ISSUE 3
    Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 4
    All freaking fantastic. Schiti wrapping up Inferno is sweet

Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 1
    Stefano Caselli -ISSUE 2
    RB SILVA -ISSUE 3
    Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 4
    I see this as a total win. Plus Opeña on covers.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 1
    Stefano Caselli -ISSUE 2
    RB SILVA -ISSUE 3
    Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 4
    This is exquisite!
    The story could turn out to be utter rubbish (I don't think it will) but at least it will be visually stunnsational!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I see this as a total win. Plus Opeña on covers.
    Love me some Opena covers.

Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 1
    Stefano Caselli -ISSUE 2
    RB SILVA -ISSUE 3
    Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 4
    Yes! Oh how I adore Silva.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 1
    Stefano Caselli -ISSUE 2
    RB SILVA -ISSUE 3
    Valerio Schiti -ISSUE 4
    Killer line-up. Here's hoping we got Silva back from FF to the mutant books permanently.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Krakoa forever. I don’t wanna go back to some boring ass status quo. **** that. U can’t have ur wife back? Boo fuckin hoo. I hope we get better shapeshifters like Copycat to take Mystiques place cuz I’m beyond done with that boring ass smurfette.