Amazing Member

Default Predict the End of Spencer's Run!

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we all write down our predictions for the end of Spencer's Run. I posted this in another thread, but here is my prediction. Let's see who can come the closest!

My Prediction:

OMD is not undone. In fact, I think it's more likely than not that Peter and MJ will continue to not remember OMD, except on a subconscious level. However, I do think Strange will prevent Mephisto from continuing to obstruct their romance. Spencer seems to be hinting pretty strongly that Mephisto is actively preventing them from getting engaged again, because he enjoys their suffering at being apart. In fact, Mephisto likely released Harry from hell for the sole (pun intended) purpose of preventing them from getting back to together.

I think it's revealed that the current, BND Harry is a clone that Norman made because he missed his son (ugh) which explains why Norman is so willing to accept that Kindred is the real Harry (which he is). I think Peter will be so badly beaten and broken by the Sinister War and Kindred, that he and MJ will leave NYC and take some time to find themselves again as a couple and focus on MJ's revived movie career. They may or may not be engaged (I'm betting they are), but I don't foresee Marvel letting them get married in the long run. Ben will return to help Peter in the final battle, and then offer to fill-in as Spider-Man so that he and MJ can have a much needed break.

Mighty Member

My guess, OMD doesn't get undone, rather Peter and MJ remember the deal. Spider-man splits in two again, and (if we want to get super weird, his other calls himself Ben for old times sake).
    The Lizard dies saving Curt Connors (Hunted seem to imply that the Lizard was going to die).
    Peter becomes free to propose to MJ and live with her, giving Ben the idea that he has to be responsible and not ride giant giant robots.

Boomerang and his sinister six help Spider-man take down the others
    Kindred realises he has gone too far and also helps Spider-man out, Harry dying once again.
    Norman, seeing Harry dead in Peter's arms, blames his for Harry's death and returns to being the Green Goblin.
    Ned becomes the Hobgoblin, but possibly a good version and will spin off in his own comic called "Hobgoblin" in January 2022.

If any of these come true, I'll eat my shoe
    If they all come through, I want Marvel to give me all their money

Incredible Member

The last time we saw Jameson, he said he would "get a hero of his own." I have a feeling that whatever Beyond is about is because of something Jonah does. Maybe he finds the real Ben and makes Ben become Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Peter and MJ remember the OMD deal (and break it with Strange’s help). All the memories of their marriage, the highs and the lows, come flooding back*. But so much has changed, both in MJ’s career and Peter’s reluctance to put her in danger again, that they don’t immediately renew their vows, choosing to stay unmarried but keeping the door open to possibilities down the road.

Kindred is indeed the Harry that died in Spec #200, and the “new BND Harry” is a clone created by Norman before BND spurred on by Mephisto’s magic and manipulation. Kindred kills the fake BND Harry and he goes through clone degeneration. As he melts, Peter notices a microchip in his genetic goo. It’s stamped with the ‘Beyond’ logo. Before Peter can confront Kindred he is already gone, left with only the one clue from the chip. He goes to investigate the sprawling Beyond complex. He sees a room full of lab tubes filled with clones. While there, he’s savagely attacked by multiple villains hired to safeguard the corporation. At the last moment, Ben Reilly emerges from one of the tubes and saves him. Ben calls off the attackers and tells a bloodied and beaten Peter to go be with Mary Jane. Peter asks him what he’s doing and he whispers that he’s deep undercover at Beyond and trying to figure out how they’re involved in some secret initiative. After he gets Peter to safety, Teresa Parker appears from the shadows. “So he doesn’t suspect what we really are…? What we’re really doing?” Teresa asks Ben. “No, not a thing,” Ben replies. They both glance to another figure watching from the shadows. It’s Kindred. “I’ve had my fun. The rest is up to you two. Show him what it really means when family turns on you.”

*- and OMIT never happened

Astonishing Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Peter and MJ remember the OMD deal (and break it with Strange’s help). All the memories of their marriage, the highs and the lows, come flooding back*. But so much has changed, both in MJ’s career and Peter’s reluctance to put her in danger again, that they don’t immediately renew their vows, choosing to stay unmarried but keeping the door open to possibilities down the road.

Kindred is indeed the Harry that died in Spec #200, and the “new BND Harry” is a clone created by Norman before BND spurred on by Mephisto’s magic and manipulation. Kindred kills the fake BND Harry and he goes through clone degeneration. As he melts, Peter notices a microchip in his genetic goo. It’s stamped with the ‘Beyond’ logo. Before Peter can confront Kindred he is already gone, left with only the one clue from the chip. He goes to investigate the sprawling Beyond complex. He sees a room full of lab tubes filled with clones. While there, he’s savagely attacked by multiple villains hired to safeguard the corporation. At the last moment, Ben Reilly emerges from one of the tubes and saves him. Ben calls off the attackers and tells a bloodied and beaten Peter to go be with Mary Jane. Peter asks him what he’s doing and he whispers that he’s deep undercover at Beyond and trying to figure out how they’re involved in some secret initiative. After he gets Peter to safety, Teresa Parker appears from the shadows. “So he doesn’t suspect what we really are…? What we’re really doing?” Teresa asks Ben. “No, not a thing,” Ben replies. They both glance to another figure watching from the shadows. It’s Kindred. “I’ve had my fun. The rest is up to you two. Show him what it really means when family turns on you.”

*- and OMIT never happened
    I actually like that scenario, but the problem is who is in the comic and who is not. Ben, Theresa and for that matter Mephisto are not. Besides Peter and MJ you have Kindred, Mysterio Norman, JJJ and Aunt May. What do I see happening? Think about the title: “What price victory?” That makes me think a Pyrrhic victory by Peter over Kindred, but Peter is put into the hospital in a coma. JJJ is going to expose Peter as Spider-Man, but MJ goes to Mysterio for help and he is able to trick JJJ into thinking Peter is not Spider-Man and JJJ (along with Aunt May) sees Peter in a coma and he soon forgets about Spider-Man betraying him. Norman goes crazy again after Peter kills Harry and turns into the Green Goblin and goes to his bedside vowing revenge on Peter.

Kindred kills Spider-Man by conjuring a piano over his head and dropping it.
    The camera then moves backward to reveal Spencer directing the whole thing, and he turns to the readers and says, "Winning". Then another piano drops on him.

No, but seriously now.

It's not just OMD that it's at play, but also the Back in Black status quo, with May's life at risk. Her cancer might just be a cosmic way of Death catching up with her. I think Peter will try to fix things and the result of attempting to save May will incapacitate him in some form.

complaints nothing but complaints
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Peter Parker dies heroically, and Boomerang becomes the new Spider-Man......

I think that Peter and MJ will get the memories of their marriage back, but reality will stay changed so that the marriage didn't happen and no one else remembers.
    It seems like a fair compromise between pro and anti marriage people.

Seems the title for issue #74 is "What Cost Victory".

Another ASM #700 situation or a convenient coma?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Seems the title for issue #74 is "What Cost Victory".

Another ASM #700 situation or a convenient coma?
    That is why I think Peter’s victory will be a pyrrhic type. I doubt this happens but one possibility is Aunt May dies of Cancer and the deal with Mephisto ends. But I think Peter takes a beating so bad it puts him in a coma ( which is why Ben takes over).

Incredible Member

Peter and Mary get married again, breaking the deal with Mephisto. As a result, Peter dies and goes to hell.

We'll get a few months of Ben Reilly as Spider-Man to give Bendis some lead time before he takes over ASM with Miles Morales as *the* primary 616 Spider-Man, now and forever more in the Marvel shared universe going forward.

We'll get a series about Peter trying to fight his way out of hell.

Fantastic Member

Wild guesses for some conclusions.

Strange beats Mephisto in a gamble but Mephisto reveals he cant undo anything because he packed the deal into Kindred, cant do anything till Kindred is recalled to hell.

Kindred cant stay alive on his own and has been staying away from hell using the Goblin serum.

Kindred reveals OMD to Parker, reveals he was turned into the form because of it.

BND Harry is a divergent timeline Harry Osborn who did regenerate with the serum, arranged by Mephisto/Mysterio during Mysterio reality traveling.

Otto turns on Kindred after he doesnt hold up their end of the deal

Norman intervenes and uses Kindred's collection of serum to revert to Gobbie.

Kindred deteriorating loses to Spidey, but then Spidey is beaten by foes only to be rescued by Boomerang in one last good faith gesture, who breaks out BND Harry, who gets out of the complex with Parker and Carlie.

The last Remains of Kindred merge with BND Harry revealing him to now have a darker inner voice of Kindred who still seeks revenge and a return to his body, implying Harry might have a dark future still.

Mighty Member

The Sinister War ends because of multiple double-crosses and some timely heroics by Peter. Kindred is SSM200 Harry, BND Harry is a clone or possibly a brain-washed Chameleon (I'm leaning clone because Norman wouldn't have cared as much about Stanley if he wasn't a blood relative, but Chameleon has to be a possibility), and Kindred needs Peter to do something so that he can "Superman Reborn" himself into his alternate existence (for those that haven't read it, merge the two beings into one with a singular character history).

Mephisto and Strange arrive, then all sorts of weird **** goes down: Harry gets un-demonized, but absorbs the currently-unremarked-upon Green Goblin essence Sin Eater split off of Norman, making him the new psychotic, tortured nemesis; MJ and Peter learn about The Deal, but Strange explains they can't undo it w/o killing May; Doc Ock and Miles (maybe Ben, too - anyone else make a deal with Mephisto recently?) find out Peter made a deal first and was the reason Mephisto sought them out for their deals and both are pissed at Peter; and Norman starts seeking out some sort of paranormal tutor to help him free Harry from the Green Goblin.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Kindred "dies" and somehow Peter feels guilty.
    OMD is not resolved, but brought up - MJ and Pete know what they had lost, and they try to stick together now more than ever.
    Norman gets back to being Green Goblin, but finally accepts Harry as his true Heir.
    Aunt May is well, because she is freaking immortal.
    Otto re-learns what happened throught superior, gets an identity crisis.