Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Deathstroke vs Black Panther

Current versions of both.

Standard arena and standard gear for both.

Who wins?

Spectacular Member

I'm not terribly up to date on current Deathstroke (I hear the Priest run is really good), but even with my somewhat dated knowledge this seems pretty evenly matched to me! Does Slade have anything in his modern arsenal that could compete with Vibranium?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    I'm not terribly up to date on current Deathstroke (I hear the Priest run is really good), but even with my somewhat dated knowledge this seems pretty evenly matched to me! Does Slade have anything in his modern arsenal that could compete with Vibranium?
    Funny enough, Priest's run on Black Panther is also really good. Although I also want to know what is in Slade's current arsenal that can match vibranium.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If I'm remembering correctly, the Priest run on Deathstroke introduced the Ikon Suit, which was designed with a gravimetric energy sheath that could absorb most kinetic energy directed at it and render the wearer virtually invulnerable against anything up to the size of a fist (so it could tank punches from Superman, for example). It was also powered by the wearer's motions, so Deathstroke's superhuman physical abilities gave the Ikon Suit all the charge it needed to function and then some. Looking back on it, it was somewhat similar to how the Panther Habit worn by the Black Panther was capable of absorbing kinetic energy from things like bullets and later became able to store and channel that absorbed kinetic energy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I like this fight. Because I’ve been a fan of both. But I don’t know enough about current Slade. I know all about TChalla and what he’s capable of. He’s had some really strong feats lately.

Ikon suit is pretty powerful from what I’ve seen and read. But if TChalla starts slashing, I’m not sure that’s the kind of punishment the Ikon suit was designed to take.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 07-28-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Bump. How do the Deathstroke followers feel about this?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I wouldn't really call me a Deathstroke fan, but classicly (that is to say,pre Flash point) he would be slightly physically supervisor to Panther. However, their equipment can get craY enough to the point where any minor physical gap wouldn't really matter. So I am betting it comes down to what equipment they pack these days. Last time I checked in on Deathstroke he had really nuts stuff, but that was years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I wouldn't really call me a Deathstroke fan, but classicly (that is to say,pre Flash point) he would be slightly physically supervisor to Panther. However, their equipment can get craY enough to the point where any minor physical gap wouldn't really matter. So I am betting it comes down to what equipment they pack these days. Last time I checked in on Deathstroke he had really nuts stuff, but that was years ago.
    See I don’t know about Slade being physically superior. I’ve seen TChalla called blatantly superhuman, and I’ve seen him hold an elephants charge.

How does Slades armor hold up to magic? TChalla wields the Spear of Bashenga.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Black Panther is basically even with Captain America in a fight sans weapons or armor, right? Because that's basically where I have him pegged but could be wrong.

Black Panther is basically even with Captain America in a fight sans weapons or armor, right? Because that's basically where I have him pegged but could be wrong.
    Yeah, the two of them plus Batman are usually the CBPH poster-boys.

No TChalla does things now that Cap never could. And that’s one of the big misconceptions that drags TChalla down. That he’s just a “super soldier”. He’s lately been cutting off Incredible Hulks arm, and covering himself in Hulk Buster armor that superior to Iron Man in seconds.

People need to stop linking him to Cap. TChalla regularly fights people like Hulk, Namor, and Doom. Panther is one of those “pound for pound” characters that can fight to the level of his competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, the two of them plus Batman are usually the CBPH poster-boys.
    Wrong. He’s not Batman or Cap, people who don’t read his stuff or that just want to lowball him throw him in that inferior category. TChalla is stronger than Cap now since becoming King of the dead. One of these scans should say he has the strength of at least twenty men. That’s more than peak human. There are several current references of TChalla being Superhuman.

Last edited by Vanguard; 07-31-2021 at 02:07 PM.

OK, my long-range sensors are picking up a Storm-esque scenario here.

What feats can you provide that are consistent with his portrayal (over his many, many years of many hundreds of issues) that put him above that inferior level?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    OK, my long-range sensors are picking up a Storm-esque scenario here.

What feats can you provide that are consistent with his portrayal (over his many, many years of many hundreds of issues) that put him above that inferior level?

I don’t get your Storm reference at all, I don’t understand what she has to do with this.

He one shotted Black Swan, who is in Thanos’s Black Order and at least a 20 tonner. And snuffed Namor so hard he went flying backwards.

Jon Hickman has also stated that Panther is Superhuman since becoming King of the Dead. But my overall point is that with gear and above peak human stats, TChalla really isn’t even street level anymore, he fights and administors damage to mid tiers and high tiers. TChalla is like a low mid tier. You have to keep in mind all the things he can do with his suit, plus he uses magic now. But he’s low level superhuman in stats. It’s better to say he’s enhanced, but he’s definitely not peak human.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 07-31-2021 at 02:46 PM.