Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    If Black Swan is (at least) Class 20, that’s kind of in the realms of the doable, context depending. I would have no problem saying that Peter Parker could feel the hits of Hank McCoy, and that Hank could even KO him with the right circumstances.

But Class 20 to Class 100 is a hell of a leap. As a point of comparison, Peter very much feels getting hit by a car. If he gets hit by a truck, it really friggin’ messes him up. Class 100 characters, by contrast, trade punches for extended periods with guys that shatter mountains with their hits. It’s a different ballgame is what I’m saying.

So the consistent upper level of this punch-amping is really what I’m trying to gauge.

It’s hard to gauge, I have to look into it more. I just see him as one of the rare characters that’s a threat, maybe not to win, but at least to harm, almost anyone he comes into contact with. I have another striking feat, but he was clearly using his suit to amplify his strike.

For example before he lopped off Hulks arm he said on panel “kimoyo daggers to max intensity.” So I believe there are levels to which he can do damage. Just like before when Priest who expanded his arsenal, said that his weapons had three different settings. Stun, maim, and kill, which even had colors to correspond with the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If I'm remembering correctly, the Priest run on Deathstroke introduced the Ikon Suit, which was designed with a gravimetric energy sheath that could absorb most kinetic energy directed at it and render the wearer virtually invulnerable against anything up to the size of a fist (so it could tank punches from Superman, for example). It was also powered by the wearer's motions, so Deathstroke's superhuman physical abilities gave the Ikon Suit all the charge it needed to function and then some. Looking back on it, it was somewhat similar to how the Panther Habit worn by the Black Panther was capable of absorbing kinetic energy from things like bullets and later became able to store and channel that absorbed kinetic energy.
    Interesting. If Deathstroke currently has a suit that can tank blows from Superman, then T'Challa will not be stopping him with just melee attacks. He still anti-metal vibranium claws tho which will help. Also as stated earlier he has his Soul-Spear and other energy based attacks. Deathstroke's suit will certainly act as a great defense, but what weapons/gear does he have that can overcome T'Challa's own vibranium suit?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Interesting. If Deathstroke currently has a suit that can tank blows from Superman, then T'Challa will not be stopping him with just melee attacks. He still anti-metal vibranium claws tho which will help. Also as stated earlier he has his Soul-Spear and other energy based attacks. Deathstroke's suit will certainly act as a great defense, but what weapons/gear does he have that can overcome T'Challa's own vibranium suit?
    None that I'm aware of. He'd have to cut along the grain of the suit to actually have a chance, but would the usual sword(s) he uses be sharp enough to do that? On a related note, The Lazarus Contract crossover between the DC Rebirth runs of Deathstroke, Titans, and Teen Titans had Deathstroke use a high-tech siphon to temporarily drain Kid Flash (Wallace West II) of his speed and power himself up with it, intending to use the Speed Force to run through time and save his family from falling apart like it did when his first son died. Slightly similarly, the Heroes Reborn arc that took over the Avengers titles for a bit had in its final issue Black Panther somehow siphoning the Squadron Supreme's resident speedster Blur's kinetic energy and channeling it through the Panther Habit into super-speed of his own. Both of those might be outlier feats, as they'd need a speedster around to siphon for speed boosts, but I thought it was interesting that both of those characters, written by Christopher Priest at one point or another, had a similar plot point of draining or absorbing the amplified kinetic energy from a speedster to temporarily make themselves into speedsters as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

None that I'm aware of. He'd have to cut along the grain of the suit to actually have a chance, but would the usual sword(s) he uses be sharp enough to do that? On a related note, The Lazarus Contract crossover between the DC Rebirth runs of Deathstroke, Titans, and Teen Titans had Deathstroke use a high-tech siphon to temporarily drain Kid Flash (Wallace West II) of his speed and power himself up with it, intending to use the Speed Force to run through time and save his family from falling apart like it did when his first son died. Slightly similarly, the Heroes Reborn arc that took over the Avengers titles for a bit had in its final issue Black Panther somehow siphoning the Squadron Supreme's resident speedster Blur's kinetic energy and channeling it through the Panther Habit into super-speed of his own. Both of those might be outlier feats, as they'd need a speedster around to siphon for speed boosts, but I thought it was interesting that both of those characters, written by Christopher Priest at one point or another, had a similar plot point of draining or absorbing the amplified kinetic energy from a speedster to temporarily make themselves into speedsters as well.
    That is interesting.

But based on what has been presented I would give this fight to Black Panther. His anti-metal claws and Soul-Spear will give him the advantage in what would otherwise be a relatively even fight.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

The speed siphoning feat isn’t considered canon I believe. But TChalla has some other good recent feats to pull from. His suit does absorb sound and impact, but he hasn’t siphoned speed in his canon appearances. I’m not saying he can’t just that he hasn’t yet.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    The speed siphoning feat isn’t considered canon I believe. But TChalla has some other good recent feats to pull from. His suit does absorb sound and impact, but he hasn’t siphoned speed in his canon appearances. I’m not saying he can’t just that he hasn’t yet.
    Fair point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    See this is where the rules are handy, you know, the ones you said you read and "usually" follow. "He hasn't shown it yet, but I'm not saying he can't." Ain't how we do it here. Don't matter if its your favorite character.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    See this is where the rules are handy, you know, the ones you said you read and "usually" follow. "He hasn't shown it yet, but I'm not saying he can't." Ain't how we do it here. Don't matter if its your favorite character.

You’re all bent out of shape and I’m not caring that you are. I was really just giving Huntsman a pass.