Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I mean scripting the idea of her not fighting because the original idea supposedly didn't even have Wasp in the first place. They could've wrote a different story where she could actually do something instead of just being sidelined
    Except she actually does stuff just like Pepper and Monica's mum do. She's just not in costume.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Except she actually does stuff just like Pepper and Monica's mum do. She's just not in costume.
    yeah, but they're not superheroes. And by that point the MCU barely had any superheroines.

yeah, but they're not superheroes. And by that point the MCU barely had any superheroines.
    MCU barely had heroes. It was early in the MCU and it was just Cap, Iron Man and Thor as the regulars.
    Now you're just nitpicking.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

MCU barely had heroes. It was early in the MCU and it was just Cap, Iron Man and Thor as the regulars.
    Now you're just nitpicking.
    Don't forget Hulk, the Warriors 3 (in a sense), Hawkeye, Black Widow and Lady Sif. And War Machine, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. So no, I'm not nitpicking.

Don't forget Hulk, the Warriors 3 (in a sense), Hawkeye, Black Widow and Lady Sif. And War Machine, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. So no, I'm not nitpicking.
    By regulars I meant people who were headlining films (Hulk gets dumped after his solo). If we're including side characters now then MCU had plenty of superheroines at the time since Ant-Man was released before Cap 3.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

By regulars I meant people who were headlining films (Hulk gets dumped after his solo). If we're including side characters now then MCU had plenty of superheroines at the time since Ant-Man was released before Cap 3.
    Ok, but it's not just the regulars who fill out the rosters in these movies. And while there are more now, back then the MCU had trouble with female heroes

They should’ve had Hank and Jan as prominent SHIELD scientists throughout A1 as Fury’s top advisors or whatnot. That way you could get involvement with the main cast, a significant history with Fury, Nat and Clint and even have Jan still coin the name.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    They should’ve had Hank and Jan as prominent SHIELD scientists throughout A1 as Fury’s top advisors or whatnot. That way you could get involvement with the main cast, a significant history with Fury, Nat and Clint and even have Jan still coin the name.
    The thing I always wonder is, if Wright wanted to use Scott, why weren't Hank and Jan available elsewhere? Maybe I missed something about that

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Integrating Wright's Ant-Man vision the MCU that sprang up while he was off doing other stuff was always the sticking point by most reports.

I think Hank Pym was going to die in Wright's Ant-Man instead of just be wounded like he was in Reed's version. Douglas only had a one movie deal back when Marvel was handing out multi-picture deals to most of their leading hero and supporting cast actors.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Integrating Wright's Ant-Man vision the MCU that sprang up while he was off doing other stuff was always the sticking point by most reports.

I think Hank Pym was going to die in Wright's Ant-Man instead of just be wounded like he was in Reed's version. Douglas only had a one movie deal back when Marvel was handing out multi-picture deals to most of their leading hero and supporting cast actors.
    I didn't know that.

I would've replaced Hawkeye with Wasp. There should've been a superpowered female member on the team. Black Widow is great, but she lacks any flashy powers. It doesn't help that the only other prominent female superhero at the time was Gamora, who also lacked any fun powers. I think Wasp would've gained a lot of popularity due to her pixie-like powerset. Little girls (and li'l gay boys like 7 year old me) would've loved her, especially if they went with Jan's fun-loving and sassy personality.

Instead, we got wet blanket Hope Pym.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I would've replaced Hawkeye with Wasp. There should've been a superpowered female member on the team. Black Widow is great, but she lacks any flashy powers. It doesn't help that the only other prominent female superhero at the time was Gamora, who also lacked any fun powers. I think Wasp would've gained a lot of popularity due to her pixie-like powerset. Little girls (and li'l gay boys like 7 year old me) would've loved her, especially if they went with Jan's fun-loving and sassy personality.

You don't like Hope?

I agree about the powers, though. Punching and kicking is barely interesting in the MCU, unless the heroes have a cool fighting style, like Black Panther. In fact, I kinda felt the first Avengers lacked variety of superpowers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Well, I'd hope we'd get racial diversity as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    The first 2 Avengers movies are very White.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wasp could easily be any ethnicity. I think they made her Asian in the Ultimate universe? They could've gone that route or any other.

You don't like Hope?
    Not particularly. She lacks Janet's fun, charismatic charm. The Early MCU films had issues with women being the "serious mom" of the group. See: Gamora, Pepper Potts, Hope, Jane Foster, Maria Hill, even Black Widow.