Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wasp could easily be any ethnicity. I think they made her Asian in the Ultimate universe? They could've gone that route or any other.

Not particularly. She lacks Janet's fun, charismatic charm. The Early MCU films had issues with women being the "serious mom" of the group. See: Gamora, Pepper Potts, Hope, Jane Foster, Maria Hill, even Black Widow.
    Well, they're not the same characters, so Idk if I'd compare them. I guess you could compare her to Hope or Nadia from the comics. It is too bad we didn't actually see Janet's persona with the other Avengers.

I do see what you're talking about, though. Women are always expected to be serious while men have all the 'fun.' At the same time, if women aren't serious, no one takes them seriously or believes in them. Just like how people are saying Shuri isn't a believable successor to T'Challa because she's too quippy, even though up until then everyone complained the heroines weren't quippy enough. But if they're too serious, they're called "snarling" or "mean," even though the male characters are the ones causing all the trouble. It would help if more women actually interacted with each other so we'd actually see contrasting personalities, like in the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wasp could easily be any ethnicity. I think they made her Asian in the Ultimate universe? They could've gone that route or any other.
    And with Goliath, who's Black, all the better.

Then 1/3 of the team is non-White.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-31-2021 at 11:27 AM.

BANNED