Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I thought I was the only one thinking this...! There is a good complicity between Rudd and Lily, but I never felt it was romantic chemistry. More like brotherly love IMO. Heck, Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer had more chemistry in the ten minutes they were onscreen together than Rudd and Lily in two movies.

As for the rest, I completely agree with you. Do you think we might have some good surprises with the multiverse opening up? It would be nice, but I don't really think so personally.
    You're right about Douglas and Pfeiffer. she didn't even like Scott in the beginning, but Hollywood loves its romantic cliches. Hope wasn't even treated well in those 2 movies and it annoyed me, especially seeing her being gatekept from being a superhero by her dad, in the same universe where teenage Peter Parker is a full blown superhero. I hope that doesn't happen to Cassie Lang.

I've mentioned this elsewhere but the MCU is also behind the comics in terms of female heroes interacting with one another. I remember female Avengers like wasp, Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel regularly interacting with onr another. I'd like to see one of the Wasps actually join the MCU Avengers

Idk what the multiverse would bring but maybe some kind of variant of any if the Quantumania cast. Maybe we'll see evil Hope from the MC2 universe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    An idea I've read somewhere was that they could have put Jan on the Avengers team in the first movie, and replaced Selvig's part by introducing Hank instead. They wouldn't even have had to bring in the Ant-Man part, just introduce the characters. I always liked that idea, I think it could have been nice.

On the other hand, now with the Multiverse restored, there's no end to the possibilities the MCU might bring.
    Hank or Bill as Selvig would've worked in the first Thor movie too. Or he could've been a science consultant working with Coulson.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-25-2021 at 07:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Cool.

In the comics, what is Janet's claim to fame, completely separate from Hank? She's good at fashion, I think. Not to be too nerdy, but what are her "feets"? She led the Avengers at one point, right? But so has half the MU. What drives her to be a hero? Did she acquire her powers herself? Is she like super smart or a tactical genius or good at combat? What's her personality? What are her top 5 comic stories where she drove the plot and people were like, damn, that's cool, now that's why Janet is the ****? She ever held down an ongoing or critically acclaimed run, like Fraction's Hawkeye or Rucka/Waid/Edmondson's Widow, for instance?

Honestly wondering. I haven't read much of Avengers from the 60s through the 90s, except the big stuff like Kree Skrull War and then Busiek's run.
    Jan's been written as the most media savvy person on the team, helping their PR. In the Ultimates, this was played up more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What's done is done. There is no should've, would've, could've, especially when it's all said and done and all of it comes from the benefit of hindsight. Plus none of us where there during these decision making processes to truly know what went into makes these movie. You think if people had all these brilliant ideas for how it 'should' have been done then they would have pitched them when these movies were being developed, not after all the dust has settled.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Fan fictions, criticisms and debates are fine but the 'they shoulda' posts put me off especially when nobody was coming up with this stuff when the movies were in development. Be more productive with your creative energy is all I'm saying.
    Monday morning quarterbacking provides insight into other creative projects, and it's relevant more now that the MCU has time travel, a multiverse of variant characters, and a What If... series.

This scene would've made more sense if Fury were working with at least Wasp at this point, since Iron Man is being recruited, Cap is on Ice, Banner is on the run, Hank Pym is retired, and Thor and Carol are off world. Like who is Fury referring to when he says "superhero?"
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-25-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Ultimate Member

I never thought of it like that.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

I've mentioned this elsewhere but the MCU is also behind the comics in terms of female heroes interacting with one another. I remember female Avengers like wasp, Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel regularly interacting with onr another. I'd like to see one of the Wasps actually join the MCU Avengers
    I think when we finally do see a new Avengers team (there is not one now in the MCU) I think it will be very female heavy. I have no doubt Wasp and Photon will be on the team. I would love it if She Hulk makes the cut too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think when we finally do see a new Avengers team (there is not one now in the MCU) I think it will be very female heavy. I have no doubt Wasp and Photon will be on the team. I would love it if She Hulk makes the cut too.
    I'd like if those 3 did, and Captain Marvel can show up too. Idk how Scarlet Witch will fit into it. Echo could also join eventually

Quantumania could also have up to 3 female heroes, and Marvels definitely will. Any adaptation of Young Avengers and/or Champions might have that, considering we're getting Kate Bishop, Stature, Ms Marvel & Ironheart

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post

It'd be fun to see, sure. But I don't think it's important. Other than Gamora and Nebula, Jane and Darcy, I don't recall any other female friendships in the MCU. I don't think the movies suffered for this, though. The upcoming Cap Marvel 2 should fix this, I'm sure.
    I’d say the Carol/Maria friendship played a solid role in Captain Marvel, even if it could’ve used a few more scenes. And more recently, Yelena/Nat in Black Widow, not that I expect to see more of it.

We definitely could use more female friendships in the MCU, and I’d love to see a Tony/Steve or Tony/Bruce type relationship develop between a couple of the women Avengers in the next Avengers film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    We definitely could use more female friendships in the MCU, and I’d love to see a Tony/Steve or Tony/Bruce type relationship develop between a couple of the women Avengers in the next Avengers film.
    We do have an embarassingly diverse array of male/male friendships and relationships in the MCU, by comparison. Tony/Peter is a wildly different dynamic than Tony/Bruce, or Cap/Bucky, or Bucky/Sam, or Tony/Steve, or Hank/Scott.

And for the ladies? Nebula/Gamora and Darcy/Jane are the longest-lasting relationships between two female characters, and that's kind of sad.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You're right about Douglas and Pfeiffer. she didn't even like Scott in the beginning, but Hollywood loves its romantic cliches. Hope wasn't even treated well in those 2 movies and it annoyed me, especially seeing her being gatekept from being a superhero by her dad, in the same universe where teenage Peter Parker is a full blown superhero. I hope that doesn't happen to Cassie Lang.

Idk what the multiverse would bring but maybe some kind of variant of any if the Quantumania cast. Maybe we'll see evil Hope from the MC2 universe
    Did you even watch Ant-Man?

Hank never made another Pym Particle belt after Wasp "died" so there was only the one from his OG suit.
    Scott only becomes Ant-Man cuz they needed a thief to stop Yellowjacket from making more of the belts. Hope was the double agent to help them get in.
    After they beat Yellowjacket, Hank started training Hope to use her own suit.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did you even watch Ant-Man?

Hank never made another Pym Particle belt after Wasp "died" so there was only the one from his OG suit.
    Scott only becomes Ant-Man cuz they needed a thief to stop Yellowjacket from making more of the belts. Hope was the double agent to help them get in.
    After they beat Yellowjacket, Hank started training Hope to use her own suit.
    Yeah, I watched the movie. I just didn't like the idea of her not being allowed to be a superhero in the first place. No other superhero had to go through that

Yeah, I watched the movie. I just didn't like the idea of her not being allowed to be a superhero in the first place. No other superhero had to go through that
    I just explained this and the movie explains this.

Hank only has the original suit and he never made another one after Janet died cuz of guilt. They needed to give the suit to the guy they hired to break into Yellowjacket's HQ to stop him from reproducing Pym Technology so there's no other suit for Hope.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

I just explained this and the movie explains this.

Hank only has the original suit and he never made another one after Janet died cuz of guilt. They needed to give the suit to the guy they hired to break into Yellowjacket's HQ to stop him from reproducing Pym Technology so there's no other suit for Hope.
    I understand the in-movie reason. But the out-movie reasons bothered me.

I understand the in-movie reason. But the out-movie reasons bothered me.
    What are these reasons?
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

What are these reasons?
    I mean scripting the idea of her not fighting because the original idea supposedly didn't even have Wasp in the first place. They could've wrote a different story where she could actually do something instead of just being sidelined