Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Joss Whedon has said that the Wasp was in his first draft of the Avengers script, and she's been seen in early concept art. I don't know which Wasp, but there's not much doubt that the delays on the Ant-Man movie changed Feige's plan, since if that movie had come out earlier, it would have set up Ant-Man and the Wasp as Avengers characters.

Since Whedon seemed to be more or less following the comic lineup, maybe he would have then introduced Hawkeye along with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the sequel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather use Mockingbird instead of Wasp. She requires less budget to use and easier to handwave. Plus she started out as a scientist so that's something you could use in Thor and Avengers.
    Too visually similar from an ability and fight coordination standpoint.

At least Hawkeye had a visual gimmick to separate him from Widow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wish Wasp or Ant-Man were introduced in Avengers just to see how'd they half-ass the Pym Particle introduction.
    Probably the same way Falcon's jetpack was handled, along with how Banner is introduced as the leading figure in Gamma radiation research.

You just have to say that they're the leading Pym particle scientists, or you introduce Hank as a retired superhero inventor. That's how they handled it in Ant-Man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hank Pym was heavily used in animated Avengers appearances around the time and eventually showed up in Ant-Man so they weren't afraid of controversy.
    Edgar Wright was just a fan of both characters.
    Isn't it somewhat of a questionable idea to not use Janet just because Hank may have been controversial?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather use Mockingbird instead of Wasp. She requires less budget to use and easier to handwave. Plus she started out as a scientist so that's something you could use in Thor and Avengers.
    Mockingbird is kinda boring though. The MCU already has enough "kicking/punching is my power" types

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Joss Whedon has said that the Wasp was in his first draft of the Avengers script, and she's been seen in early concept art. I don't know which Wasp, but there's not much doubt that the delays on the Ant-Man movie changed Feige's plan, since if that movie had come out earlier, it would have set up Ant-Man and the Wasp as Avengers characters.

Since Whedon seemed to be more or less following the comic lineup, maybe he would have then introduced Hawkeye along with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in the sequel.
    Hawkeye should've been introduced in a previous movie as an actual character, like Black Widow was
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 07-20-2021 at 10:07 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

But then there wouldn't be any regular degular humans on the team though

Iron Man: RICH (a superpower unto itself)
    Captain America: Super Soldier
    Thor: God
    Hulk: Gamma Powered
    Black Widow: Sexpot Assassin
    Hawkeye: Carney

But it would be cool to add these two especially to add more diversity to the team

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    But then there wouldn't be any regular degular humans on the team though

Iron Man: RICH (a superpower unto itself)
    Captain America: Super Soldier
    Thor: God
    Hulk: Gamma Powered
    Black Widow: Sexpot Assassin
    Hawkeye: Carney

But it would be cool to add these two especially to add more diversity to the team
    Why does it need regular humans? I'd rather see interesting personalities than "regular joes".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why does it need regular humans? I'd rather see interesting personalities than "regular joes".
    Agreed. Shield had plenty of baseline human agents, and only Hulk, Cap, and Thor have innate superpowers. The others use tech, so they're regularly reminded of what it's like to be completely normal.

BANNED

Hawkeye should've been introduced in a previous movie as an actual character, like Black Widow was
    Yeah, whoever got the 5th and 6th slots could've been introduced better as supporting characters in other films, like Widow was. Having Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man interact with those characters or having them appear post credits, like at the end of the Incredible Hulk would've helped

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Agreed. Shield had plenty of baseline human agents, and only Hulk, Cap, and Thor have innate superpowers. The others use tech, so they're regularly reminded of what it's like to be completely normal.
    Exactly. I don't even find the appeal of seeing people without powers or tech fight aliens and robots. Watching Black Widow and Hawkeye try to be relevant in the first movie was always awkward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yeah, whoever got the 5th and 6th slots could've been introduced better as supporting characters in other films, like Widow was. Having Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man interact with those characters or having them appear post credits, like at the end of the Incredible Hulk would've helped
    Hawkeye is really underdeveloped. Although at least he got to appear in the Avengers, which is more than I can say for Hank or Jan. Jan seems like an afterthought to the filmmakers

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I think if we don't have at least one, it would be hard to understand the sense of danger and it becomes easier to put yourself in their shoes.

For example, when we see Clint running away and trying to keep the Outriders away you can feel the sense of danger; but if it was Cap or Iron Man it wouldn't be the same or when Widow is running away from the Hulk you can see the danger and "feel" it. When Thor is fighting Hulk we know that he will survive a punch, but Widow would turn to paste.

It's kinda the criticism that the DCU get's the JL is so OP that there is no sense of danger at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think if we don't have at least one, it would be hard to understand the sense of danger and it becomes easier to put yourself in their shoes.

For example, when we see Clint running away and trying to keep the Outriders away you can feel the sense of danger; but if it was Cap or Iron Man it wouldn't be the same or when Widow is running away from the Hulk you can see the danger and "feel" it. When Thor is fighting Hulk we know that he will survive a punch, but Widow would turn to paste.

It's kinda the criticism that the DCU get's the JL is so OP that there is no sense of danger at all.
    I never bought that. The danger isn't to any of these superheroes. It's to the world at large. Unless they're fighting up against someone like Thanos, I'm not really watching to see the heroes themselves fear losing their own lives.

And seeing an UP hero somehow survive a bunch of alien attacks or other such massive destruction tends to break immersion for me

Do we really need a new thread on the same topic every two months? Sigh.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Probably not. But I can see why it bothers fans of the comics

BANNED

I've never seen one before

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You haven't seen the Scarlet Witch doomer threads on the X-Books side.
    "Cable was right!"