Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Miles has no connection to his Hispanic ethnicity and isn't America an alien? I wish Marvel had actual Hispanics like they used to.
    America just got retconned (and unfortunately, it causes problems for Young Avengers vol 2 and Al Ewing's Ultimates).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

...That's a very buff Ava.

You probably should've edited out the America and Hector covers. Had to scroll down quite a bit just for a one line reply!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Newsarama has posted the below with more info and art on the upcoming anthology. Getting really excited about this, too bad DC really dropped the ball by not following suit with their own companion book. Still, just got pumped seeing Hector back in action.

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvek-vo...latina-latinx/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

[/QUOTE]

Could have even added a Living Lightning and Firebird.

I really wished they have used Sofía (Wind Dancer) in a story! she is one of the very few south americans in Marvel

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael11 View Post
    Newsarama has posted the below with more info and art on the upcoming anthology. Getting really excited about this, too bad DC really dropped the ball by not following suit with their own companion book. Still, just got pumped seeing Hector back in action.

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvek-vo...latina-latinx/
    Shame about how things turned out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Could have even added a Living Lightning and Firebird.[/QUOTE]

That would have been cool. I liked (Living) Lightning's role in Avengers: No Surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    I really wished they have used Sofía (Wind Dancer) in a story! she is one of the very few south americans in Marvel
    That would have been cool. Speaking of South American characters in Marvel, I always wondered what happened to the Black Tarantula after his time in Ed Brubaker's and Andy Diggle's Daredevil runs.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

That would have been cool. Speaking of South American characters in Marvel, I always wondered what happened to the Black Tarantula after his time in Ed Brubaker's and Andy Diggle's Daredevil runs.
    Yeah, didn't mention Sofia because this is the MU forums and I usually focus on those characters.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-02-2021 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Now that Sam looks a little darker than usual I wonder how light Berto is going to be? It has been awhile since I last saw him in a book.
    in the previews hes rockin' with some melanin
    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Miles has no connection to his Hispanic ethnicity and isn't America an alien? I wish Marvel had actual Hispanics like they used to.
    Errr what would be a suitable connection to you?
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

I really don't like this word

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    It feels very fitting a square peg into a round hole. The issue itself was fine and I especially really liked that final story with Miles & T'Challa, but this mini-story felt really flat because it was almost like they were shouting out to the reader "No, no Latinx really should be the all-encompassing term"
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Number of stories were two Latin characters meet, fight some random baddy discuss issues relevant to being Latino: 2
    Number of stories were two Latin characters meet and discuss issues relevant to being Latino, without without fighting bad guys: 1

The stories are a lot less repetitive than the last Voices books, at least.

Also, Miles totally burned that lady in the Latinx story. He said the thief was robbing from an old lady, but the lady looked middle age at the very most. Heck, you could tell me she was in her twenties and I'd believe you.

Re: the Latinx stuff. I'm not gonna get into my personal views, or the IRL controversies around it. But I'll say that it went as expected; it was a completely one-sided argument in this book. Made even worse by how completely wooden and preachy the delivery was. These characters don't normally talk like this. If you're going to make them take this stance, at the very least make it sound natural to them.

Loco-Motion made Robbie OOC. I'm sorry, no way in Hell would Robbie do that, even if he's really mad at some not-Trump supporters or whatever. If anything would make him slip, it would be people going after his brother - which has happened, and he was still more restrained. This story was some violent revenge power fantasy.

Idk, there's something disingenuous to me about characters randomly inserting Spanish into their sentences. My parents and most of my family are immigrants, yet they weave Portuguese, English and Spanish together in a way that feels more natural than just substituting basic words. But I know that my experience isn't universal and a lot of other people must experience this, which is why it's such a recurring trope.

NO Nova story, despite him being on the cover. Shameful, Marvel. Shameful. Don't do my boy dirty like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

"This was a very special message brought to you by Anya Corazon and Miles Morales."

If I had seen that page on same right-wing/comicsgate site I would have assumed that it was fake.

I feel like Rio of all people would probably be already aware or more open-minded about that.