Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Now that Sam looks a little darker than usual I wonder how light Berto is going to be? It has been awhile since I last saw him in a book.

Where’s Bonita Juarez?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

Miles has no connection to his Hispanic ethnicity and isn't America an alien? I wish Marvel had actual Hispanics like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Miles has no connection to his Hispanic ethnicity and isn't America an alien? I wish Marvel had actual Hispanics like they used to.
    Miles mom is Puerto rican. Although under Bendis his heritage wasn't brought up a lot, more recent comics do bring it much more.

Also, what does "like they used to" mean? There are more latino characters of varied origins now than when I started reading comics nearly 20 years ago.

What you men by hispanics? being from Spain?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Miles mom is Puerto rican. Although under Bendis his heritage wasn't brought up a lot, more recent comics do bring it much more.

Also, what does "like they used to" mean? There are more latino characters of varied origins now than when I started reading comics nearly 20 years ago.
    Yea? Going to have to check out Miles' series. And I mean when they used to introduced Hispanic characters, you knew they were Hispanic. Sunspot, Hector Ayala, Firebird, Living Lightning, Hit-Maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    What you men by Hispanics? being from Spain?
    No

And I mean when they used to introduced Hispanic characters, you knew they were Hispanic. Sunspot, Hector Ayala, Firebird, Living Lightning, Hit-Maker.
    I.... still don't get what you mean by this.

You mean non-legacy heroes? Because there are plenty of latino heroes who aren't legacy characters introduced in the last 10 years. Of the top of my head there's Hummingbird, Inferno, Nina the Conjurer, Becca the Earthgirl, Medico Mistico, Shrak-Girl, Reptil, Velocidad, Naja...

Haha!! Marvel already thought of that and they
    spoilers:
    retconed America Chavez origin, into being a real born latina native from 616 universe, and not from some paralele universe, because everything she believed be her origin was not true, in the best Miracleman/Marvelman style!!
    end of spoilers

Once that said....

Entienden en Marvel que los brasileños no son precisamente "hispanos", ¿verdad? I said because... that flag.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I am excited about all of the characters announced to be involved here, but there are still plenty of others not announced (thus far) I'd love to see featured like...

Living Lightning (Miguel Santos)
    Firebird (Bonita Juarez)
    Chipmunk Hunk (Tomas Lara-Perez)
    Spectro (Hector Carvantez)
    Junta (Danny Vicente)
    Silverclaw (Maria De Guadalupe Santiago)
    Rictor (Julio Richter)
    Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

Entienden en Marvel que los brasileños no son precisamente "hispanos", ¿verdad? I said because... that flag.
    Maybe Berto is just the person that brings them together because he is funding the group for a quick mission then they disband

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Maybe Berto is just the person that brings them together because he is funding the group for a quick mission then they disband
    That could be. But my thesis still stands.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That could be. But my thesis still stands.
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigning everyone here who wants Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099 and Anya Corazon/Arana to feature in this along with Miles Morales/Spider-Man; it's also cool that some people remember he's Latino and black. And yes, the White Tiger(s) would be cool to see, too. I'm still amazed to this day that the original White Tiger, Hector Ayala, had some guest spots in some of the older Spider-Man (Peter Parker) comics during his heyday, and the way he went out (in Daredevil by Brian Bendis) was rather sad, to say the least. Wondering what would happen if he were to come back and interact with Angela del Toro and Ava Ayala.
    Very happy to see Hector return, though it'll probably be a story from the past or some flashback, meaning Hector stays deceased. Anyway, other than some of the names already mentioned, I would also love to see Cecilia Reyes, Victor Mancha, Black Tarantula, Weapon H and ARMADILLO! Hopefully DC will follow suit on there side. BTW, the newsarama coverage has five total images on their site. Can someone (who's smarter than me) post them here? Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Azrael11; 07-20-2021 at 11:29 PM. Reason: punctuation

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael11 View Post
    Very happy to see Hector return, though it'll probably be a story from the past or some flashback, meaning Hector stays deceased. Anyway, other than some of the names already mentioned, I would also love to see Cecilia Reyes, Victor Mancha, Black Tarantula, Weapon H and ARMADILLO! Hopefully DC will follow suit on there side. BTW, the newsarama coverage has five total images on their site. Can someone (who's smarter than me) post them here? Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael11 View Post
    You’d think Hector would’ve been revived already since he’s Marvels first Latino hero. Oh well.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"