Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Marvel Celebrates latinos Heroes and Creators in 'Marvel's Voices: Comunidades1

All-new stories starring Miles Morales, Ghost Rider, America Chavez, and more coming in October!

This October, Marvel Comics is proud to present MARVEL’S VOICES: COMUNIDADES! This latest one-shot in the groundbreaking Marvel’s Voices series will continue the tradition of highlighting the cultural richness of Marvel Comics and uplifting new voices in the comic book industry. Following the success of MARVEL’S VOICES: LEGACY and MARVEL’S VOICES: PRIDE, MARVEL’S VOICES: COMUNIDADES will turn the spotlight to latinos heroes and creators from the Marvel Universe.

These all-new stories will feature thrilling adventures of some of Marvel’s most popular heroes while celebrating the range of their cultural heritage as told by fan-favorite writers and artists and those making their Marvel Comics debut.

Writer Terry Blas introduces a brand-new hero in an action-packed adventure spinning out of his acclaimed REPTIL series.
    New York Times best-selling author Daniel José Older revisits the legacy of Marvel’s first super hero of Latino descent, Hector Ayala aka White Tiger, in an inspiring story rooted in real history.
    Catch up with the current White Tiger, Ava Ayala, when author Amparo Ortiz has the young hero confront the dark nature of her powers.
    Travel to the past with writer Juan Ponce to witness Nina the Conjuror, the Brazilian Sorcerer Supreme of the 1950s, battle the raging nature spirit known as Anhangá.
    Plus an introduction by renowned comics scholar Frederick Luis Aldama about the history of Latinos heroes and creators in the comic book industry.
    Stay tuned for information on the other stories in this collection including works by Karla Pacheco, Alex Segura, Leo Romero, Edgar Delgado, Nico Leon, and more!

"Marvel Voices has been an amazing force in comics, letting creators from so many backgrounds bring our heritage and identities to Marvel stories,” Pacheco, who recently penned a Marvel’s Voices essay for Marvel.com, said. “I'm honored to bring this very personal story from my own childhood to the book through Robbie Reyes.."

"This is such an excellent project, and I'm very happy to get to be part of it,” Older said. “I've read all the Marvel’s Voices collections and loved them, so it's great to be able to write for one! ¡Pa'lante!"

"Marvel Voices is such a unique project that I feel really drills down on the core Marvel tenet of reflecting the world outside your window--so when the opportunity came to help put together Marvel Voices: Comunidades and celebrate the Latino community, I couldn't have been more excited,” Co-Editor Lauren Amaro said. “And that excitement only continues to grow as story pitches continue to roll in--trust me, you're not going to want to miss out on what this talented group of creators have got cooking up!"

Marvel’s first Latino super hero, White Tiger, was created by writer Bill Mantlo and artist George Pérez in 1974’s DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU #19. Since then, Marvel has introduced many new Latino-descent heroes from a multitude of different backgrounds including current stars such as Miles Morales, America Chavez,, and Reptil. Join us in celebrating these heroes and many more when MARVEL’S VOICES: COMUNIDADES #1 hits stands on October 20th!

MARVEL’S VOICES: COMMUNITY (COMUNIDADES) #1
    Written by DANIEL JOSÉ OLDER, KARLA PACHECO, TERRY BLAS, JUAN PONCE, LEONARDO ROMERO, AMPARO ORTIZ, ALEX SEGURA, NICO LEON, EDGAR DELGADO & MORE
    Art by ENID BALÁM, VANESA DEL RAY, ADRIANA MELO, LEONARDO ROMERO, NICO LEON, ALITHA E. MARTINEZ & MORE
    Cover by JOE QUESADA
    Variant Cover by MATEUS MANHANINI
    Variant Cover by MARIA WOLF & MIKE SPICER
    Variant Cover by NABETSE ZITRO & JESUS ABURTOV
    Remastered Variant Cover by GEORGE PÉREZ & JAVA TARTAGLIA
    On Sale 10/20
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...1-announcement

Somebody remembers White Tiger exists .

I wonder what the next Marvel Voices will be about...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sunspot is the only old guard there.
    "Cable was right!"

Cool. As silly as it may sound, I’ve always felt a bit “guilty” about not being invested in any of the Latino characters despite being Latino myself. Maybe this will give me new interest in some of them.

Personally I'd like to see Spider-Man 2099 and Anya Corazon (I believe they were the first Latine characters to hold down ongoings, at least in Marvel) and Living Lightning (loved him in Avengers: No Surrender).
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Somebody remembers White Tiger exists .

I wonder what the next Marvel Voices will be about...
    Somebody remembered that Hector exists. Can’t wait to read his story.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Sunspot is the only old guard there.
    I feel like it's a demographic that there's only been a lot of recent interest in on Marvel's part. With black characters you had bigger names like Black Panther, Storm, Falcon, War Machine, Misty Knight, Luke Cage and Bishop dating back to the 60s-early 90s. With Latinx heroes I'm honestly hard pressed to think of examples other than Sunspot before the 2000s. The original White Tiger maybe? Living Lightning?

EDIT: Oh, Spider-Man 2099, I forgot him.
    Last edited by Holt; 07-20-2021 at 01:52 PM.

i'm still campaigning for dominican dormammu, we need dominican villains!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Personally I'd like to see Spider-Man 2099 and Anya Corazon (I believe they were the first Latine characters to hold down ongoings, at least in Marvel)
    Indeed, they were the first latino and latina to have ongoings. In the case of Anya, the first latina in mainstream comics to headline a series.

I've always wanted them to team-up. Throw Miles in there, it would make a nice short. I kinda have my doubts either of them will have stories and will only appear in a group shot, though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Cosigning everyone here who wants Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099 and Anya Corazon/Arana to feature in this along with Miles Morales/Spider-Man; it's also cool that some people remember he's Latino and black. And yes, the White Tiger(s) would be cool to see, too. I'm still amazed to this day that the original White Tiger, Hector Ayala, had some guest spots in some of the older Spider-Man (Peter Parker) comics during his heyday, and the way he went out (in Daredevil by Brian Bendis) was rather sad, to say the least. Wondering what would happen if he were to come back and interact with Angela del Toro and Ava Ayala.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Personally I'd like to see Spider-Man 2099 and Anya Corazon (I believe they were the first Latine characters to hold down ongoings, at least in Marvel) and Living Lightning (loved him in Avengers: No Surrender).
    This.
    And glad white tiger id here.Loved her in Ultimate Spider-man T.V. series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigning everyone here who wants Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099 and Anya Corazon/Arana to feature in this along with Miles Morales/Spider-Man; it's also cool that some people remember he's Latino and black. And yes, the White Tiger(s) would be cool to see, too. I'm still amazed to this day that the original White Tiger, Hector Ayala, had some guest spots in some of the older Spider-Man (Peter Parker) comics during his heyday, and the way he went out (in Daredevil by Brian Bendis) was rather sad, to say the least. Wondering what would happen if he were to come back and interact with Angela del Toro and Ava Ayala.
    I just want a good Miguel Story.
    I don't necessarily want a team up.
    And for current White tiger to team up with Spidey(the og).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I just want a good Miguel Story.
    I don't necessarily want a team up.
    And for current White tiger to team up with Spidey(the og).
    That would be interesting. Both of those would be good. And considering Spider-Man/Peter in the comics did team up with Hector back in the day and guest-starred in Angela's miniseries from when she became White Tiger in the 2000s . . . yeah, continuing the legacy of White Tiger/Spidey team-ups would be great.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Does anyone else think Sam is weird and different in this image? He looks darker than he should

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Does anyone else think Sam is weird and different in this image? He looks darker than he should
    He does but I expected that from Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"