Default What If..? The JSA became DC's premiere team..?

What if the JSA became DC's premiere team, and the JLA was 'sent into limbo'?

With the JSA now being DC's main team, where the top-tier heroes would gravitate to, who would you put on the team?

A few rules/guidelines:
    The founding seven JLAers are in limbo (at least for a while - long enough for the JSA to reform), so they can't be in the team.
    The group is called 'The Justice Society'.
    It would need to have at least three characters traditionally associated with the original JSA.
    It would need to have some major DC heroes in it, regardless of where they originated.
    It would need to have at least seven members.

If it helps, think of it as a temporary JLA-replacement team, using the JSA name and including a mix of JSA members and JLA members.

Mine would be:

Dr. Fate
    Huntress
    Power Girl
    Alan Scott
    Vixen
    Hawkman (Katar)
    Firestorm (Ronnie/Martin)
    Cyborg
    Mister Miracle
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 07-20-2021 at 10:51 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Jay Garrick
    Alan Scott
    Jack Knight
    Courtney Whitmore
    Billy Batson
    Ray Palmer
    Jesse Quick
    Green Arrow- Connor
    Michael Holt
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

When there was still an Earth 2, I always had this view for an update of the JSA. I don't remember who exactly they all were, so I'll replace them with some more modern heroes. This may break a few of your rules. They'll go like this:

Dr. Fate - Kent Nelson. Kept young and vital by Nabu and his helmet.
    Green Lantern - Alan Scott. Also made young by his power ring.
    Wonder Woman - Diana Prince. Made immortal again after the death of Steven Trevor.
    Robotman - Bob Crane. The scientific mind of the team.
    Jessie Quick - Jessie Chambers. The daughter of Johnny Quick is the team's new speedster.
    Plastic Man - Eel O'Brein. Maleable body also quite imprevious to the effects of time.
    Vartox - The wildcard, and the new alien powerhouse of the team.

I also had some brand new heroes (with ties to the past of the JSA heroes), but I'll keep them out of this. That would be a pretty powerful and vital JSA.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    What if the JSA became DC's premiere team, and the JLA was 'sent into limbo'?

With the JSA now being DC's main team, where the top-tier heroes would gravitate to, who would you put on the team?

A few rules/guidelines:
    The founding seven JLAers are in limbo (at least for a while - long enough for the JSA to reform), so they can't be in the team.
    The group is called 'The Justice Society'.
    It would need to have at least three characters traditionally associated with the original JSA.
    It would need to have some major DC heroes in it, regardless of where they originated.
    It would need to have at least seven members.

If it helps, think of it as a temporary JLA-replacement team, using the JSA name and including a mix of JSA members and JLA members.

Mine would be:

Dr. Fate
    Huntress
    Power Girl
    Alan Scott
    Vixen
    Hawkman (Katar)
    Firestorm (Ronnie/Martin)
    Cyborg
    Mister Miracle
    Wasn't there a Dark Multiverse spin-off or something which explored this very notion? The idea of Earth 2 being the basis for the Post-COIE earth rather than Earth 1?

I must point out that if the JSA became the premiere team after COIE, then the Trinity would be retconned into being JSA members rather than JLA members...

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Captain Marvel
    Wally West
    Kyle Rayner
    Power Girl
    Huntress
    Mister Terrific

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is the present day, right? So I go with the younger team.
    Power Girl
    Huntress
    Stargirl
    Obsidian
    Jade
    Hawkgirl
    Mister Terrific
    Jesse Quick
    Dr. Fate Khalid Nassour
    Val-Zod (yes I'm thinking of him within the same earth)
    Nightwing (Dick is a JSA either as Robin or Batman but since this is the same Earth it's Nightwing)

Since main earth Lois is not Red Tornado I'm not including her

I'd probably go with:

Wildcat - The tough, streetwise guy, all but powerless, who finds himself put into the leadership position for the first time.

Power Girl - The team's brick, the heavy hitter. I thought about including folks like Shazam, but I didn't want to pull focus from PG as THE strongest member.

Hawkman - The warrior/scholar. He's a fount of knowledge because he's lived through so much, but the whole past lives thing won't be a crutch here.

Jesse Quick
    - Team speedster and (in my opinion) the best second-generation character to come from Golden Age characters post-Infinity Inc. Woefully underused.

Vixen - First of the new recruits. Has the potential to be one of DC's biggest characters and this would give her (mostly) new characters to bounce off of. Plus, a smallish tribute to her JSA inclusion in the Arrowverse.

Captain Atom
    - Thinking of the time he was transported from, Atom would've been a little kid during the JSA's post-war efforts, so it'd be a real thrill for him to join. Might be fun, giving him a bit of a fanboy element here.

Metamorpho - Rex has always felt like a bit of an anachronism to me, between his "tough guy soldier of fortune" attitude from the 50s mixed with a trippy 60s appearance. He kinda feels at home with other characters a bit out of time.

Steel - Steel's whole identity came about from honoring Superman so, if he's gone missing, John Henry would likely want to honor him in whatever way does the most good. Being part of the premiere superteam can fit that bill.

Arsenal - Roy's always looking for a place to belong and, given that we now know he spent some time trapped in the 40s, he might view reconnecting with heroes from that era as a way to better process the effects it had on him.

Traci 13 - Team magic user. I had the idea that her dad tried to debunk various JSA members and associates (Dr. Fate, Spectre, Zatara) over the years, to the point they're a bit wary of her. This is her way to make up for her dad's efforts.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 07-20-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Superman is pretty irreplaceable, so provided I can't bring in a Superman from the multiverse I would go with two heroes...

1. Captain Marvel
    2. STEEL

Batman is also a hard act to follow, the only suitable replacement is ....

3. Nightwing

For Wonder Woman simply add someone with more power.

4. Power Girl

For Aquaman having a king of the seas isn't really that important, I'd go for a living computer instead.

5. Cyborg.

For Green Lantern and the Flash, I'll take leadership and wisdom over youth so...

6. Alan Scott
    7. Jay Garrick

I'll replace Martian Manhunter with a magical heavyweight, I like Dr. Fate, but I've always been privy to...

8. Zatannna

For spots 9 to say 15, I'd have classic JLA/JSA members rotating in and out of issues like Green Arrow, Dr. Midnight ect.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Wasn't there a Dark Multiverse spin-off or something which explored this very notion? The idea of Earth 2 being the basis for the Post-COIE earth rather than Earth 1?

I must point out that if the JSA became the premiere team after COIE, then the Trinity would be retconned into being JSA members rather than JLA members...
    Superman and Batman were already honorary members in the beginning. Diana was active and the secretary. So, is it a retcon?