Default Is Kryptonite a controlled substance

Are there laws in place that regulate and or prohibit owning it/trading it/selling it? Are there international accords in place regarding the one thing that can potentially kill the most powerful being on the planet?

I mean probably not, it’s mostly just remains of a destroyed planet so it’s just glowing rock and generally it’s only harmful to about 4 people and their dog. I also don’t think it’s likely considering the number of government organizations designed to handle super humans and how many of them readily have anti-hero weaponry.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    … so it’s just glowing rock and generally it’s only harmful to about 4 people and their dog…
    ^^^lol, oooookay.
    Thanks anyway, Superfans!

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

In Under The Hood it’s considered extremely valuable and Black Mask smuggled over a hundred pounds of it. I don’t know the extent of how Kryptonite is regulated though.

is that box JUST Kryptonite? That'd be tons of it! Also I see at least 4 colors of it too...

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^lol, oooookay.
    Thanks anyway, Superfans!
    I mean Kryptonite doesn’t generally do anything to the general public right? Heck depending on the type you get you might get superpowers if you’re a normal person.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Kryptonite is considered harmful to humans after prolonged exposure. Basically, you'd get sick if you're so paranoid of Superman you wore Kryptonite on your body 24/7...

I don't think its real-world corollary would be controlled substances. It's more like hazardous material.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Kryptonite is considered harmful to humans after prolonged exposure. Basically, you'd get sick if you're so paranoid of Superman you wore Kryptonite on your body 24/7...

I don't think its real-world corollary would be controlled substances. It's more like hazardous material.
    That's more of a Byrne/Triangle era thing, mostly regarding Lex contracting cancer from the Kryptonite ring he wore during that era. Has it been established in the modern era to still be harmful to humans? I can't honestly remember if more recent stories have indicated that.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

You cannot control something that exists in unlimited quantities, if you put together all the kryptonite that has appeared over the years. kryptonite> creation dc.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    That's more of a Byrne/Triangle era thing, mostly regarding Lex contracting cancer from the Kryptonite ring he wore during that era. Has it been established in the modern era to still be harmful to humans? I can't honestly remember if more recent stories have indicated that.
    The key is "prolonged" exposure. Not hours, but months or years. although that Red Hood pic makes me question how long that quantity would take... The box is probably leaded, but even so simply looking into the box like that would give you intense exposure.