Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Retired

PUSHING DAISIES also had a comic book tie-in. Barry Sonnenfeld directed the series "Pie-Lette" (for which he won an Emmy) and he's now the director on SCHMIGADOON! (which also features Kristen Chenoweth).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    PUSHING DAISIES also had a comic book tie-in. Barry Sonnenfeld directed the series "Pie-Lette" (for which he won an Emmy) and he's now the director on SCHMIGADOON! (which also features Kristen Chenoweth).
    I knew and heard of none of this before, but cool! I gotta check all that out. Loved that show, how's Pie-Lette and SCHMIGADOON compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5fSpFv-hS8

"Legend", maybe the only Richard Dean Anderson show that ever flopped. Five episodes, I think.
    That seemed pretty fun.
    I remember John de Lancie was in an ep. of MacGyver once, and they had pretty good chemistry no pun intended.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I knew and heard of none of this before, but cool! I gotta check all that out. Loved that show, how's Pie-Lette and SCHMIGADOON compare?
    The "Pie-Lette" (just rewatched it) lacks a musical number. Barry Sonnenfeld also directed the second episode ("Dummy") and that episode does have a musical bit with Kristen Chenoweth singing, "Hopelessly Devoted," which has a stronger connection to SCHMIGADOON. Sonenfeld's bright, colour infused shots are in both series and his symmetrical framing makes me think of Wes Anderson, but with more hope.

From Nickelodeon,

Speed Racer X
    (2002)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Cliffhangers: NBC early 80's I think a show that was three shows one was a Susan Anton vehicle that I skipped but there was a Dracula one and one that was lot like Cowboys and Aliens because it was about Cowboys and Aliens.
    This one haunted me. My family watched it when I was a kid. The Dracula serial finished, but the last episode that finished the other 2 never aired. This was the first cancellation I remember that left me hanging.

Decades later I found a bootleg copy at a convention. Turns out it was a very cheesy show. Prime 70s cheese.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5fSpFv-hS8

"Legend", maybe the only Richard Dean Anderson show that ever flopped. Five episodes, I think.
    I have this in my Amazon shopping cart. It co-stars John DeLancie. It is not even expensive, like $8, I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Edit: Amazon listing says 12 episodes
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 07-25-2021 at 05:12 PM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Flying Blind ran on Fox Sunday’s for a season in the 90’s. Loved it. Starred Tea Leoni. It sounds like a typical opposites attract but I remember it as really well-written and hilarious.

Incredible Member

Fortune Dane: Carl Weathers is a trouble-shooter for a city mayor that has a corrupt/inefficient police force.

Fortune Hunter: An insurance investigator/retriever who locates stolen items.

Spy Games: starred Linden Ashby (Mortal Kombat) and Allison Smith (West Wing) as spies who work for a small intelligence agency spying on other spies.

From Jetix/Toon Disney,

Ōban Star-Racers
    (2006)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-29-2021 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have this in my Amazon shopping cart. It co-stars John DeLancie. It is not even expensive, like $8, I just haven't pulled the trigger.

Edit: Amazon listing says 12 episodes
    I think a majority never actually aired though.
    Power with Girl is better.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066631/

"The Bearcats", a short-lived series in 1971. Set in 1914, two adventurers driving a Stutz Bearcat have adventures including going up against a World War I tank in one episode.

"The Invisible Man", a 1975 series starring David McCallum.

"Gemini Man", a 1976 show with another invisibility premise.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 07-26-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

"Masquerade" - a "Mission: Impossible" type show where they would recruit ordinary civilians on spy missions based on their particular set of skills. I definitely had a crush on Kirstie Alley back then. (Greg Evigan wasn't looking so bad either)

They use all sorts of hi-tech gear for 1983, including the first apple phone, if you ffwd to :30.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I used to love this show

From Toon Disney,

The Weekenders