Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

EZ Streets: An American crime drama television series created by Paul Haggis was premiered on CBS on October 27, 1996, with a two-hour pilot television film and ended on April 2, 1997... The series stars Ken Olin, Joe Pantoliano, and Jason Gedrick. (Wikipedia)

It only aired 9 episodes (1 unaired). It was a serialized crime show with 3 main characters, each with their own storyline, with various levels of interaction. Shows like "The Wire" would find success with that kind of formula later, (as Michael Mann's "Crime Story" had before to a lesser degree) but it failed to catch an audience. I was really interested to see where it went and how their stories would intersect. Oh, well...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-21-2021 at 06:29 AM.

Mighty Member

Heil Honey I'm Home, a sitcom about Hitler living next door to a Jewish Couple.

https://youtu.be/Pe6hz84_fgU

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'd say Silverhawks, but now there may be a reboot happening.

I know there have been several shows on network TV that I started watching, but were quickly canceled. But I can't think of any off the top of my head at the moment. But it is the reason I don't really watch network tv anymore, because any show I start watching inevitably gets canceled after a few episodes.

i wouldn't say silverhawks were unmemorable or short lived ,it had 60 plus episodes visionaries had only 13 episodes but it has become a cult classic and the old toys highly sought after.

Incredible Member

now and again , a modern day bionic man superhero.

Spectacular Member

If we are talking obscure, nobody seems to remember Q.E.D, but I loved it even as a kid. Like if you were to mashup Sherlock Holmes and Thomas Edison into one character. It had some proto-steampunk elements, too

Incredible Member

before now and again , eric close was in another 1 season wonder - the alien invasion conspiracy spy series dark skies. i wished this series had continued, they left the last episode with a huge cliffhanger,

Astonishing Member

American Gothic was a modern for their time Twilight Zone part. It mastered the done in one stories but at the same time having an over arching storyline as well that shows like Supernatural and even Deep Space Nine followed down the line. Gary Cole's Lucas Buck is a great TV villain, not quite J.R. Ewing or Benjamin Linus but still a great TV villain and Paige Turco was HOT back then.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Strike Force (1981): Robert Stack leads an elite team of L.A. crime busters. The series lasted only one season, but was memorable to me, if but for no other reason than the kick ass opening theme:

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-21-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

From ABC Kids,

W.I.T.C.H.
    (2004)

Never heard of this. The intro gives off strong Captain Planet vibes. A riff on the concept anyway.

Queen of Swords I caught a bit of here and there. On my local affiliate it came on either before or after another little known show I'll add to the mix: Jack of All Trades

EDIT: Meant to add that I could not find the Jack of All Trades intro without someone singing over it.

New Amsterdam....the 2008 edition. When a show of the same name debuted in 2018 I did a double take.
    The 2008 edition plays more like Highlander, in that he's immortal. So the fun of that was there to explore. The 2018 is just another "look at the genius doctor show".
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 07-21-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    The Middle Man.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ErwMV4kXXfc

I was really looking forward to seeing this show evolve.
    https://www.o2stk.net/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

It did get two final episodes in comic/live reading form, one to end the first season's storyline and another to wrap up the (as of then) mysterious and as yet unexplained circumstances under which Wendy Watson's father disappeared in both the show and the original comic that the show was based on.

Incredible Member

it's a shame that the short-lived horror found footage series 'the river' was cancelled after 8 episodes with steven spielberg executive producer. it had an interesting premises.

Mixology only got one season, which I felt was a shame. 5 different couples with different dynamics hook up at a bar over the course of one night, with every episode being about an hour of the same night with copious flashbacks to flesh out the characters' and their actions.

What Just Happened with Fred Savage: A fake recap talk show for a fake "Event" series. Every episode began with a 2 minute "cliffhanger" of the show right before it. It's hard to explain exactly what the show was like but it was a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    https://www.o2stk.net/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

It did get two final episodes in comic/live reading form, one to end the first season's storyline and another to wrap up the (as of then) mysterious and as yet unexplained circumstances under which Wendy Watson's father disappeared in both the show and the original comic that the show was based on.
    Oh!
    I did not know that, thanks!

Mighty Member

Seeing things.1980s Canadian dead zone type show

Lady Lovelylocks. Magical cutesy flying creatures live in her long hair that she "shakes out" like dandruff when she needs their help.