Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

From Syndication,

Cool McCool
    (1966)

From NBC,

ProStars
    (1991)

Incredible Member

monster force - a group of teenagers fighting legions of the night like a animated monster squad but only lasted 13 episodes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    monster force - a group of teenagers fighting legions of the night like a animated monster squad but only lasted 13 episodes.

I was graduating high school, '94 was my Senior year, so that explains why I missed this. However where were you 6-12yr olds for this show?! I would've watched this for sure.
    My mind went to Elsa Bloodstone and the Howling Commandos while watching this intro.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Shadow Raiders, damn was an interesting plot.

So many mysteries who never were explained.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

From SVES,

Knights of the Zodiac
    (2003)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Not in the same location but, the first time he was killed, he was on board a ship and dumped in the ocean--so, each time he returns, it's in the nearest body of water relative to where he was last killed.
    It was the New York harbor.

Another good immortal show was New Amsterdam. Also set in New York the immortal was a Dutch immigrant who saved the life of an Indian maiden and as a reward he was granted eternal life until he found his one true love. He can be hurt but he can heal from any wound or disease. What made him a little different from some other immortals (like the Highlander or Forever) was that he could produce offspring. In the show he lived with his senior citizen son.

Speaking of immortals, "The Immortal" with Lorenzo Lamas. They weren't even trying to hide that they were a Highlander clone at the time.

Here's the promo...no themes by themselves, but the show is so old the entire first season is uploaded on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Speaking of immortals, "The Immortal" with Lorenzo Lamas. They weren't even trying to hide that they were a Highlander clone at the time.

Here's the promo...no themes by themselves, but the show is so old the entire first season is uploaded on Youtube.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Im...970_TV_series)

There was also a series called the Immortal in 1970.

I also remember the live action Saturday morning series, Ghost Busters, which was before the famous movie.

Also, another Saturday morning live action show, the Monster Squad, also before the movie.

"Big John, Little John" about a teacher who somehow found the Fountain of Youth, which looked amazingly the same as an ordinary drinking fountain, but only drank enough to go back and fourth from adult to child.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's the Lost World lasted three seasons so is likely remembered.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    There was also a series called the Immortal in 1970.
    Yup, my earlier post on that show is what got this whole immortal theme rolling--

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There have been a few shows about immortals. THE IMMORTAL (1970) starred Christopher George as a man whose unique blood type made him immortal. Others were out to get him for his blood. In this way it was similar to THE FUGITIVE, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE and THE INCREDIBLE HULK--man on the run shows.
    Christopher George was married to the beautiful Lynda Day George--who guest starred on a long list of shows and was a member of the Impossible Mission Force on MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. The Georges played Fausta Grables and Rojak in the WONDER WOMAN episode, "Fausta, the Nazi Wonder Woman" (1976).

Christopher George had previously starred in THE RAT PATROL (1966) about the North African desert campaign in WW II. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) played the Nazi villain. I get that show mixed up with COMBAT! which starred Vic Morrow--although the action in that series was in the European theatre. They were all G.I. Joe action figures to me.

From SVES,

Zoids: Fuzors
    (2003)

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-02-2021 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Retired

With the success of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW, there were more sitcoms about strong, independent women. Diana Rigg got her own American series--THE DIANA RIGG SHOW, shortened to just DIANA--in 1973, but it was cancelled mid-season.

Another British actress, Samantha Eggar, starred in ANNA AND THE KING (1972), which was based on THE KING AND I and had Yul Brynner reprise his role from the 1956 musical. But there was no singing in this one. I really loved it; however, Brynner was Russian not Siamese and I wonder if the comedy now would seem culturally inappropriate and tasteless. That series was also cancelled mid-season.

Karen Valentine--Alice Johnson from ROOM 222, who I had an absolute crush on--left the classroom to have her own series KAREN (1975). Another half season failure. After that she fared better doing a long list of T.V. movies.

Valentine had previously been in the T.V. movie GIDGET GROWS UP (1969), but before that Sally Field starred as GIDGET (1967)--which I'm surprised to see was only on the air for one season (in my memory it lasted a lot longer). She had more success as THE FLYING NUN (1967 - 1970), but Field's next series, THE GIRL WITH SOMETHING EXTRA (1973), was another one season wonder. It was more of a throwback to the old shows like BEWITCHED and I DREAM OF JEANNIE, in that Sally's character had E.S.P. With John Davidson playing her husband, there were more dimples than a Panasonic 19" could hold.

The paranormal drama, THE SIXTH SENSE (1972) starring Gary Collins, didn't do any better in the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    From SVES,

Knights of the Zodiac
    (2003)

Oh, that's interesting - I didn't know they had released Saint Seiya in the U.S. (interesting cover song for the theme) The original ran over 100 eps and there have been three (I think) different series. I think they're all on Netflix.

One that is wished lasted long was Hindsight

Lasted 10 episodes on VH1 in 2015, Laura Ramsey plays Becca, a woman who goes back in time 20 years to 1995, but uses the knowledge she has to try and change her life and not repeat mistakes she made in the past. Pretty much "if I knew then what I know now..."