Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Tenspeed & Brownshoe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zwXzHNH0I

Ben Vereen and Jeff Goldblum from waaaay back in 1980. I actually thought I’d imagined seeing this.
    OMG, I've been hearing that themesong in my head for decades! Other than Goldblum's modern noir detective narration, it's the only thing I really remember about the show. (other than that I really enjoyed it when I was a kid.) I even reimagined a reboot years ago:

Tenspeed & Brownshoe.

Ben Vereen and Jeff Goldblum from waaaay back in 1980. I actually thought I’d imagined seeing this.
    Researching this brought up another show no one remembers (I remember the theme song though (I love theme songs so they tend to stick more)).

Apparently Ben Vereen reprised his Tenspeed character in the last five episodes.

Pretty much anything on FOX Kids that wasn't Power Rangers.

I have fond but vague memories of three shows: Beetle Borgs, The Magician, and Mystic Knights of Tir na Nog. My Saturday mornings were spent watching those along with the 90s animated Spider-Man and X-men shows. I also liked the animated Godzilla show they spun out of the awful 1998 film.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Voyagers- NBC early 1980s
    Earth 2- NBC 1990s
    Bosum Buddies- ABC early 1980s
    Dungeons and Dragons- CBS 1980s cartoon
    Silver Surfer- Fox 1990s cartoon

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

It just missed the Vampire Detective trend. It should've been about a Werewolf Detective.... .
    I was addicted to this show--mainly for Sophia Myles. When it got cancelled I was heart-broken but not surprised. It was another in a long list of quirky shows that I loved that got cancelled. Obviously anything I love must die. I think it was on a Friday night--which seems to be a trend with these kind of shows--as that is the graveyard where network executives send shows to die.

Astonishing Member

Cliffhangers: NBC early 80's I think a show that was three shows one was a Susan Anton vehicle that I skipped but there was a Dracula one and one that was lot like Cowboys and Aliens because it was about Cowboys and Aliens.

Incredible Member

shadow chasers, i imagine the show might have been more successful in the late 90s/00s when all those ghost hunting and paranormal shows started popping up.

From FOX Kids,

CyberSix
    (2000)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-24-2021 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

That just reminds me of when "Cyber sex" was a thing.

BANNED

So I dont know where to actually place this show, Pryde of the X-MEN

The show is still fairly remembered, however it was greatly overshadowed by the success and more artistic acclaim of X-MEN TAS

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    OMG, I've been hearing that themesong in my head for decades! Other than Goldblum's modern noir detective narration, it's the only thing I really remember about the show. (other than that I really enjoyed it when I was a kid.) I even reimagined a reboot years ago:
    ^^^OMG you did that? It looks awesome!
    I saw the pic before I read the post and my first thought was “they made a cartoon out of the show”!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Researching this brought up another show no one remembers (I remember the theme song though (I love theme songs so they tend to stick more)).

Apparently Ben Vereen reprised his Tenspeed character in the last five episodes.
    ^^^ I remember that theme song!
    Not the show…but that theme song!

^^^ I remember that theme song!
    Not the show…but that theme song!
    Its pretty darn catchy.

If I knew Ben Vereen was in it (well the final 5 eps) I probably would have watched.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

It just missed the Vampire Detective trend. It should've been about a Werewolf Detective.... .
    One of Alex O'Loughlin's primetime failures until he struck gold as Steve McGarrett on the Hawaii 5-0 reboot.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5fSpFv-hS8

"Legend", maybe the only Richard Dean Anderson show that ever flopped. Five episodes, I think.
    Power with Girl is better.

Pushing Up Daisies - A show on ABC in the early 00's about a baker who owns a pie shop. He has the ability to bring anyone back from the dead if he touches them. If he touches them again they go back to being dead. If he doesn't touch them within a minute and make them dead again someone else nearby dies. So he just brings people back for just under a minute to help his friend, a detective, ask them who killed them. Also his love interest is someone he brought back from the dead, but he can never touch her cause she'd die again.

Was a damn good show.