Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Get A Life (1990-1992)....one of my favorite comedy shows ever, I quote it and reference it a lot with my close friends
    ZZZYpic6ztkabcXYabc.jpg

and Strangers With Candy (30 episodes) of course (the movie is terrible and I ignore it)....some remember it, kinda a cult show, but far too few:
    ZZZYpic6ztkabcXYabc.jpg

Brimstone (1998-1999) is another. John Glover co-stars in it.
    ZZZYpic6ztkabcXYabc.jpg
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-29-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

'Nearly Departed', a short-lived 1989 sitcom starring Eric Idle (of all people) as one of a couple of ghosts similar to the Maitlands of the recent hit Beetlejuice (and the earlier Topper). Like the Maitlands, the Pritchards were a husband and wife pair of ghosts haunting their former home, who only one of the new residents could see and hear. Unlike the Maitlands (who couldn't leave their house), the Pritchards could follow their living co-habitants to the rest of the town.

It only ran for one season.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Get A Life (1990-1992)....one of my favorite comedy shows ever, I quote it and reference it a lot with my close friends
    ZZZYpic6ztkabcXYabc.jpg

and Strangers With Candy (30 episodes) of course (the movie is terrible and I ignore it)....some remember it, kinda a cult show, but far too few:
    ZZZYpic6ztkabcXYabc.jpg

Brimstone (1998-1999) is another. John Glover co-stars in it.
    ZZZYpic6ztkabcXYabc.jpg
    Brimstone was awesome. Shame it didn't last

Something is Out There - buddy cop show with a cop and a lady from space. Lasted 9 eps (according to Google)

The opening is only a little over a minute long, but man it feels like forever now!

Incredible Member

Cover-up. Special forces soldier who works undercover as a male model with a female photographer doing missions around the world. Starred Jennifer O'Neil and Jon-Erik Hexum (from the show Voyagers, another short lived show). Hexum was later replaced by Antony Hamilton when Hexum died after shooting himself with a gun loaded with blanks apparently not realizing that blanks can still be dangerous without a bullet in them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    aired 13 eps on ABC. I been wanting it to get some kinda reboot...continuation...whatever in any form. Live action, comic books, hell even animated I don't care.

At one time I started to look at who had the rights to it to see if anything was hanging out there I could grab and do a comic mini series or something, absolutely anything. I love me some Streethawk.
    There's a channel on Youtube called Toy Galaxy that talks about past cartoons and old sci-fi shows. They did an episode about Streethawk.

BANNED

ABC’s “When Things Were Rotten”

From The Hub,

Deltora Quest
    (2010)

Cartoons: Centurians, Mighty Orbots, & Dinosaucers, Tigersharks.

Live Action: Voyagers & Captain Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    'Nearly Departed', a short-lived 1989 sitcom starring Eric Idle (of all people) as one of a couple of ghosts similar to the Maitlands of the recent hit Beetlejuice (and the earlier Topper). Like the Maitlands, the Pritchards were a husband and wife pair of ghosts haunting their former home, who only one of the new residents could see and hear. Unlike the Maitlands (who couldn't leave their house), the Pritchards could follow their living co-habitants to the rest of the town.

It only ran for one season.
    That reminds me. "My Brother, the Angel", a 1965-66 series starring the Smothers Brothers and "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir", based on a novel and a 1947 movie that scores 100% critic and 88% audience approval on RT.
    Power with Girl is better.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Outlaws: A quirky one season show from 1986, in the Old West, a lawman (Rod Taylor of The Birds) pursues an outlaw gang (including longtime character actor Charles Napier and Richard Roundtree from Shaft) into an Indian graveyard during a storm where a bolt of lightning opens some sort of wormhole and sends them all into present day Houston where they team up to open a detective agency. A far out premise to be sure, but I found the show interesting.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

From Toonami,

Zatch Bell
    (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    ZZZYpic6ztkabcXYabc.jpg

So, about that...

https://www.vulture.com/2013/09/the-...et-a-life.html

The Writers and Cast Take Us Behind the Scenes of ‘Get a Life’

Dammit, now I have REM's "Stand" playing over and over in my head... (just the opening of course)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Keen Eddie, Wonderfalls, and Clerks: The Animated Series are always what comes to mind for me.