Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Hunters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ReGtWNs1I

I thought it was an amazing combination of sci-fi and spy genre. But Syfy can't let us have nice things...

Death Valley. A horror/comedy show that appeared in MTV of all channels back in like 2012-2013 that had an insane amount of blood and gore. It was about a police force that was hunting down vampires, zombies and werewolves. Quite insane stuff and was the best show MTV had in a very long time. Alas, it was cancelled after one season while they renewed the likes of Teen Wolf and Scream. Typical MTV,...

Black Scorpion. An action/superhero show that appeared in the SYFY network in 2001 and was produced by Roger Corman I believe. It was a campy series in the vein of the 60's Batman show and actually had appearances by the likes of Adam West and Frank Gorshin. It was a rather silly show and lasted only one season.

Unhappily Ever After
    Scorch
    The Mouse & The Monster
    Happy Days animated series
    Star Trek animated series
    Superboy (late 80's-early 90's)
    The Edge
    Duckman
    Spicy City

Unhappily Ever After was on for five seasons.

Duckman was on for four.

Incredible Member

didn't superboy ran for 4 seasons ?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unhappily Ever After was on for five seasons.

Duckman was on for four.
    Yeah, but it's one of those shows you don't hear people talk about often.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    didn't superboy ran for 4 seasons ?
    Yeah, but same reason I told numberthirty, they don't talk about those show often or didn't know existed.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    THE ANIMATED ADVENTURES OF GENE RODDENBERRY'S STAR TREK (1973 - 1975), I watched back in the day and I've recently got the box set and am now slowly going through it. It may not have had a high total of episodes, but for a cartoon show in the '70s it was substantial. A lot of cartoon shows would just make a handful of episodes and just repeat those over and over again. But this was a higher quality product, with most of the original cast returning to voice the characters (and James Doohan and Majel Barrett doing several other characters to boot). The writing is in the same wheelhouse as the original series.

I could easily see some of these plots being used in live action, if they'd had the chance. And since it was a five year mission, I consider these last two seasons to have completed the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    THE ANIMATED ADVENTURES OF GENE RODDENBERRY'S STAR TREK (1973 - 1975), I watched back in the day and I've recently got the box set and am now slowly going through it. It may not have had a high total of episodes, but for a cartoon show in the '70s it was substantial. A lot of cartoon shows would just make a handful of episodes and just repeat those over and over again. But this was a higher quality product, with most of the original cast returning to voice the characters (and James Doohan and Majel Barrett doing several other characters to boot). The writing is in the same wheelhouse as the original series.

I could easily see some of these plots being used in live action, if they'd had the chance. And since it was a five year mission, I consider these last two seasons to have completed the mission.
    Yes I think there's a big difference between "a show most people who were around then don't remember" and just "A show that was a long time ago and some people don't know about it because they weren't even born yet".
    Power with Girl is better.

From Adult Swim,

Kikaider
    (2003)

Yeah, but it's one of those shows you don't hear people talk about often.
    Got it.

I just tend to think of shows like "The Strip" where you will literally just get blank stares versus the occasional folks who will recall Bobcat was Mr. Floppy or that Dweezil Zappa was Ajax.

From CBS,

Teen Wolf
    (1986)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The Charmings. It actually lasted two seasons. Basically the Wicked Stepmother from Snow White put a sleeping spell on Snow White, Prince Charming, and their children...and also accidentally cast the spell on herself and one of the Seven Dwarfs. They wake up a 1000 years later in the 80s and...hilarity ensues.

If not for Youtube I think I would have gone on believing I imagined it existed. lol

Here's the opening for both seasons. They had to change the opening for season 2 since the woman who played Snow White was recast for whatever reason.

Wow I didn't think there could be a worse show that rivaled The Munsters Today.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A great contender. This is actually the Star Trek that introduced me to Federation and its worlds.
    Would've been nice to have more of this. I own it now and every few years watch all of them in two sittings.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Completely agree. They really had some good stories in STAS and CGI would allow them to be done in live action now

Ultimate Member

Vengeance Unlimited.

The precursor of Burn Notice and Person of Interest. Michael Madson was amazing in it