Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Totally remember a lot of the shows mentioned here. Lots of fun memories. Two of my favorites mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]From FOX Kids,

CyberSix
    (2000)
    Loved Cyber Six. It was daring at the time, since the main character was a woman who competed in a line up for 6 - 12 year old boys. But yeah the action and animation were slick. Series seemed to edge on the sexy, since the girl dressed up as a guy who was a co-worker to another guy that she liked.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    monster force - a group of teenagers fighting legions of the night like a animated monster squad but only lasted 13 episodes.
    Definitely remember this. It came on I think every weekday or Sunday morning where I was. Listen closely and you'll hear a lot of the X-Men voice cast in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Shadow Raiders, damn was an interesting plot. So many mysteries who never were explained.
    Cool. Where I was, it was called Battle Planets. It was made by the same company that did Beast Wars and Reboot.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

The Legend of Calamity Jane. It was one for only two episodes on Kids WB before it was pulled:

"I am a man of peace."

Another huge part of my Sunday morning viewing was Ultraforce, based on the Malibu line of heroes:

Looking back on it now, wow the entire series was a mish-mash of the X-Men (some of the voices from the X-Men cast were used) and the Mortal Kombat theme song.
    "I am a man of peace."

PBS' freshest, most awesome show ever, Ghostwriter!:

This show was the shit back in the day! Bunch of cool, hip preteens to teen kids and their ghost reading friend taking down enemies and solving mysteries through language and reading! The cast was multiracial and multiethnic and reflected NYC. However, the show never felt patronizing or condescending. All of the kids felt real and genuine.
    "I am a man of peace."

Three seasons (75 episodes) isn't exactly short lived, plus that iteration is actually fondly remembered. Household name? Probably not, but I'd wager right below it.

However, the version that came out in 1997, that definately fits (short lived + hardly anyone remembers).

Only 13 episodes before it got cancelled.

Jury's still out on the recent Apple+ revival, though. But it has already exceeded the 13 episodes of the 1997 version (the 26th episode overall, episode 13 of season 2, aired May 21st 2021).

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    The Legend of Calamity Jane. It was one for only two episodes on Kids WB before it was pulled:

I remember watching this one, why did it get pulled was it considered too violent for Saturday/Sunday mornings?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Three seasons (75 episodes) isn't exactly short lived, plus that iteration is actually fondly remembered. Household name? Probably not, but I'd wager right below it.

However, the version that came out in 1997, that definately fits (short lived + hardly anyone remembers).

Only 13 episodes before it got cancelled.

Jury's still out on the recent Apple+ revival, though. But it has already exceeded the 13 episodes of the 1997 version (the 26th episode overall, episode 13 of season 2, aired May 21st 2021).
    Indeed. Thanks for pointing out how popular the show actually was. Yeah, nothing comes close to the PBS version. I remember the New Ghostwriter series coming out and feeling that it left much to be desired.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Indeed. Thanks for pointing out how popular the show actually was. Yeah, nothing comes close to the PBS version. I remember the New Ghostwriter series coming out and feeling that it left much to be desired.
    Dude I still sing the theme song to the original to myself sometimes lol And I've meet MANY people who not only remember it but are surprised *I* remember it. I feel like its one of those shows where people *think* its obscure until they "compare notes" so to speak.

Plus, its popular enough that they tried to revive it twice (second time seems to be working). No one's trying to revive, for instance, Lady Lovely Locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Dude I still sing the theme song to the original to myself sometimes lol And I've meet MANY people who not only remember it but are surprised *I* remember it. I feel like its one of those shows where people *think* its obscure until they "compare notes" so to speak.

Plus, its popular enough that they tried to revive it twice (second time seems to be working). No one's trying to revive, for instance, Lady Lovely Locks.
    Bro, all I can say is word .
    "I am a man of peace."

Yep, gotta give a shout out to Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog:

This came right after the heyday of Power Rangers, around 97 or 98 I believe. Usually watched it as part of my after school block which at the time was starting to lose popularity. Still, I liked this show. It delved into Celtic mythology and was filmed on location in Ireland. It didn't have the Power Rangers fight scenes mind you, no martial arts kicks or tricks. But it had mystical weapons which was nice. Would have loved to see more episodes.

Plus the girl was cute . Preteen me was crushing on her hard.
    "I am a man of peace."

From Comedy Central,

Drawn Together
    (2004)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    From Comedy Central,

Drawn Together
    (2004)

Oh, I def. remember THAT show.

Incredible Member

Spencer - a barley remembered short lived sitcom from '84-'85 with a handful of episodes, only thanks to IMDB was I able to get some info. The show originally starred Chad Lowe (Rob Lowe's younger brother) as the typical wisecracking 1980's high schooler, about midway due to a contract dispute Lowe left the series and was replaced by Rossie Harris (Airplane!), the show also starred Ronny Cox and Amy Locane.

From 4Kids,

Mew Mew Power
    (Tokyo Mew Mew/東京ミュウミュウ)

Completely blanked on this show (it only lasted a season if that) till I caught part of Kindergarten Cop yesterday.
    The bad guy in Arnold’s movie starred as a young renegade cop, and his older grumpy parter was the older grumpy cop in Beverly Hills Cop.
    That’s a lot of times to say Cop!

The theme song was by the late Eddie Money.