Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 88.BEY

So we got this

https://twitter.com/AmazingBugle/sta...924800/photo/1

The 4 Peter suits he used when not Spider-man, I wanted them back for a while but I don't know what the text says....

Really hope this is Peter

Well, this is the perfect excuse to finally read Spider-Man: Identity Crisis.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, this is the perfect excuse to finally read Spider-Man: Identity Crisis.
    It's good, but the writer on this isn't from what I'm hearing.

"Slingers are making a comeback in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' issue 88.BEY.

This issue written by Geoffrey Thorne and drawn by Jan Bazaldua and Jim Towe will be released in February 2022."

Please Please Please let this be Peter related

Ben met them during his BR:SS book in Las Vegas. It's probably continuation of that story.

One of them could be Peter in disguise but I don't know how likely that is. I just see it as another spinoff. Beyond Corp is funding Superheroes so c-listers like the Slingers are perfect. If anything Sony could use this for a Slingers film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Ben met them during his BR:SS book in Las Vegas. It's probably continuation of that story.
    Could you elaborate what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Could you elaborate what happened?
    Slingers and Ben teamed-up to fight Cyber from what I remember.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Slingers and Ben teamed-up to fight Cyber from what I remember.
    Oh okay, I remember more now.

Considering Peter was the one who inspired the Slingers he should get to meet them after this, and talk about him in this.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Likely that, and the Planet of the Symbiotes story where Hobie Brown, the original Prowler and the inventor of the jetpack Peter used as Hornet, took up the Hornet alias himself and more-or-less ceded the Prowler identity to Miles Morales's Uncle Aaron (who is probably the better-known Prowler now among the general public thanks to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Insomniac Games' Spider-Man: Miles Morales).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Pav is going to love this news

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Pav is going to love this news
    YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR!!!!!!!!

Once again, the return of Ben Reilly also brings about the return of the Slingers! It's a little funny, considering Ben was dead when the Slingers first appeared, but I'm not complaining! Even back then, I think a lot of Slingers fans hoped the Scarlet Spider would eventually join the team; so it's nice to see the connection between these characters continuing to be solidified.

All the more interesting that we're getting follow-up from Planet of the Symbiotes in the form of Hobie Brown as the new high-flying Hornet! I'm cautiously optimistic that the creative team can make his transition away from the Prowler work, and I'm curious if he'll become the de-facto leader of the Slingers. He DOES have more experience in the superhero game than the rest.

As for how they'll enter the story and what their role will be, that remains to be seen. We can probably safely assume that they are more superheroes hired by Beyond Corp; the question is, will the other Slingers be the originals? Some of the art seems to indicate that maybe Dusk is different, but other art seems to portray the characters as the same as ever. My hope is that Hobie leading a "new team of Slingers" is hyperbole, in that HE is new and they're now working for Beyond, which would be new for them. But based on what we know about Beyond, they have no problem putting new people into the costumes of heroes. If we ARE getting a whole new team of Slingers, I can only hope that the originals show up to stake their claim.

-Pav, who can't believe how lucky Ben Reilly and Slingers fans have been over the past few years, just in terms of appearances...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Doesn't look like it will be a significant part of beyond so how much screentime they will get is debatable. Maybe they will be just there to be killed off again or just for nostalgia wank after which they will disappear never to be seen again for 2-3 years. Can't say I like the c-listers crowding off Ben and Peter. Maybe Ben is being used by corporate devils in the service of Mephisto who is going to drag Ben screaming into hell and leave him there to rot for nebulous reasons. Bet they will get in Mephisto to be behind beyond especially given his current multiverse shenanigans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Doesn't look like it will be a significant part of beyond so how much screentime they will get is debatable. Maybe they will be just there to be killed off again or just for nostalgia wank after which they will disappear never to be seen again for 2-3 years. Can't say I like the c-listers crowding off Ben and Peter. Maybe Ben is being used by corporate devils in the service of Mephisto who is going to drag Ben screaming into hell and leave him there to rot for nebulous reasons. Bet they will get in Mephisto to be behind beyond especially given his current multiverse shenanigans.
    Please for the love of all that’s holy… no more Mephisto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Please for the love of all that’s holy… no more Mephisto.
    Lol so true!

Isn't Hobie also a clone now since "Clone Conspiracy" or was that all a weird fever dream I had?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"