Extraordinary Member

Default Spider-man Devil's Reign ini announced

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...ies-exclusive/

Mini* Pardon the typo on the thread title

The creative team hasn't done a lot of work and mainly worked as a back up by their Marvel profiles.

As for the pitch it's Ben whose in trouble in first 2 issues of Devil's Reign and this mini deals w/ that and Rose attacking him.

Ugh! Already aware they will push Peter out of anything Devil's Reign, editor said so himself but why use another Spidey villain for Ben on top of this.Bring his old villains back from way back when instead.

I was hoping we would get Ben having to protect Peter's secrets because he's vulnerable in the coma or something for Devil's Reign, but this doesn't seem like it's that.

Also how are these guys any threat to Beyond/Nextwave, which they confirmed in interviews and on panel last issue Beyond is.

I would be more relieved if the creative team had some cred, but doesn't seem anything in this is for me except Rose.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-03-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Oh someone remember that Spencer revived the Rose
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Oh someone remember that Spencer revived the Rose
    what is Richard doing now? Does he remember being dead? Does he remember who killed him?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is Richard doing now? Does he remember being dead? Does he remember who killed him?
    We haven't seen of any of that yet.Hopefully we will though

I get wanting to use Ben while his current lead Spider-Man status lasts and to keep Beyond relevant but...this really feels like it should've been a Peter story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get wanting to use Ben while his current lead Spider-Man status lasts and to keep Beyond relevant but...this really feels like it should've been a Peter story.
    Same, just feels off

Astonishing Member

I don't know, the whole Kindred's stuff and several other craziness really put Peter's life completely out of track.

I personally prefer Peter will be in the sidelines of this whole mess around Kingpin and Ben being the one to deal with the stuff here. Remember, last time, Kingpin shot Aunt May and we got the whole mess of OMD. I prefer Peter and his loved ones being underground, out of the Kingpin's sight, before getting another mess like that again.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know, the whole Kindred's stuff and several other craziness really put Peter's life completely out of track.

I personally prefer Peter will be in the sidelines of this whole mess around Kingpin and Ben being the one to deal with the stuff here. Remember, last time, Kingpin shot Aunt May and we got the whole mess of OMD. I prefer Peter and his loved ones being underground, out of the Kingpin's sight, before getting another mess like that again.
    That's a fair point. If what makes Devil's Reign different from before is that the Kingpin knows and is willing to exploit the secrets of the superheroes to bring them down . . . that would put Peter and his loved ones directly in the line of fire, depending on whether or not Kingpin has since relearned that Peter is (or was, technically speaking) Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a fair point. If what makes Devil's Reign different from before is that the Kingpin knows and is willing to exploit the secrets of the superheroes to bring them down . . . that would put Peter and his loved ones directly in the line of fire, depending on whether or not Kingpin has since relearned that Peter is (or was, technically speaking) Spider-Man.
    He doesn't remember, luckily. However, he has mentioned to have "dreams" where Spider-Man gives him the beating of his life. Obviously refering to the beating Peter gave Fisk after discovering he was who ordered to shot Aunt May. Let's just hope Kingpin will not try to go after Peter Parker because of his old association with Spider-Man. With any luck, he could go after Ben and Beyond Corp, indirectly helping in taking down other villains.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 11-06-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Fisk should go after Peter Parker to hurt Spider-Man. It's no secret that Peter Parker and Spider man have a relationship these days. And Spider-Man is always saving that man family and friends. Spider man is around Mary Jane just as much as Peter. Somebody at this point gotta connect the dots.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Fisk should go after Peter Parker to hurt Spider-Man. It's no secret that Peter Parker and Spider man have a relationship these days. And Spider-Man is always saving that man family and friends. Spider man is around Mary Jane just as much as Peter. Somebody at this point gotta connect the dots.
    Heck he can go after Peter himself, guys a genius and helps Spider-man.Either to hurt him or blackmail him to work for Fisk against Spider-man.

I've been saying Devil's Reign w/ Spider-man should use the fact he's MIA to write a story on that basis instead of a run of the mill one w/ Ben.

I forget, is Peter Parker not untouchable anymore? Oh yeah, that was only because of Kindred.

Astonishing Member

I happen to agree with this. Here is my question: Since it is fair to say that from the perspective of Wilson Fisk the most hated heroes are Spider-Man and Daredevil ( interesting enough both having different people as substitutes), I wonder if part of the Beyond arc is to have Fisk use Peter and ( or) MJ as bait for Spider-Man?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget, is Peter Parker not untouchable anymore? Oh yeah, that was only because of Kindred.
    Considering Fisk seems to have lost it, I don't think he cares. Either way, when Doc Ock usurped Spider-Man's identity, he realized he wasn't the Spider-Man he knew for years. So there's a high possibility that Fisk would be able to realize Ben is not the Spider-Man he knows either. he could even say something painful to Ben like: "I don't know who you are, imposter; but you are NOT the real wallcrawler!".