Mighty Member

Default Marvel copying DC

It seems like marvel is going the dc root
    Spiderman captain marvel and strange I heard will die and be replaced by different people just like dc
    Last edited by fin5; 07-20-2021 at 06:13 PM.

How is this coping?

Invincible Member

Even if this were true, those characters have been replaced before and came back.

Coincidence, convergence, zeitgeist even. But not coping I would say.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    How is this coping?
    lol, it's a typo, he meant copying, as DC just replaced Flash (Wally took over the solo book) and Superman (Jon replaces his Dad), while Batman and Wonder Girl are now shared mantles.

But isn't this just more ANAD? Also, we only know that Scarlet Spider is taking over as the Amazing Spider-Man. Strange is dying but that doesn't mean he'll be replaced. As for Captain Marvel... what the heck are you talking about, fin5?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-21-2021 at 03:09 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I presume that 'Last of the Marvels' tease that came out the other day about Marvels of the past returning? But it was literally just one teaser image. It could mean anything, it's too early to say Carol is being replaced or not.

And yeah, not like this is the first time Marvel's gone all in on legacy characters. I mean, Strange probably does need a replacement, if the death is permanent, because the Sorcerer Supreme position is one that goes back thousands of years, it's not going to end with him. But it may be that his 'death' was always intended to be temporary, anyway. I mean, he's a powerful sorcerer, it would not surprise me to see the death just last a few months, while he ends up venturing through the afterlife or something. Or it could be permanent (or as permanent as it can be in comics, anyway) we'll see. And From what I've seen Peter isn't dead so much as in a coma or something, so again it may be temporary.

Fantastic Member

I still don't think Peter is dying. I think he'll be injured so bad or in a coma that he can't be Spider-man, but will recover and be back for issue 900.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bad English
    Speculation (except for Strange)
    No proof
    Bait thread
    "Cable was right!"

I mean Spidey was killed off and replaced by Doc Ock before. And Miles Morales, if you take into account Ultimate Universe.
    You know this is not going to last forever, right? No one is killing heroes off for good. This is just a marketing ploy to sell more "Death of Superhero", "Death of Superhero: Everyone Sad", "Death of Superhero: Consequences", "The Search for Superhero" and "The Return of Superhero".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Coincidence, convergence, zeitgeist even. But not coping I would say.
    Which has always been the case. Then again, creators talk to each other. It isn't beyond the realm of possibility that "ideas" may filter out during conversation. In the end it is usually a coincidence.