Default DK new edition DC Encyclopedia out

Tuesday July 20.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Google books give a free preview.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

These books are always great because they give a pretty good idea of which characters are being prioritized by the company at the moment. I'd be very curious to check out the Flash and GL sections, for instance

Well, the cover shows Jessica Cruz fighting Sinestro. spoilers:
    Ironic, considering Jess is going to be a Yellow Lantern.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So is Harley Quinn being portrayed as a villain on the cover, since she appears to be fighting against Batwoman? The cover shows heroes fighting villains...
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I am afraid about what is going to say in the Legion of Super-Heroes entry.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Figured we were due for an update. Does Jess being the GL on the cover mean anything I wonder?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    So is Harley Quinn being portrayed as a villain on the cover, since she appears to be fighting against Batwoman? The cover shows heroes fighting villains...
    That would be Suicide Squad Harley, and would represent the JL vs Suicide Squad story

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Figured we were due for an update. Does Jess being the GL on the cover mean anything I wonder?
    That this Encyclopedia covers Rebirth where Jess is a lead character in Green Lanterns, JL Rebirth, and JL Odyssey

She's got a live action TV series coming out and she's one of the main characters on DC Super Hero Girls, which currently has a much bigger audience than all the comics put together.

And she's a female POC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    She's got a live action TV series coming out and she's one of the main characters on DC Super Hero Girls, which currently has a much bigger audience than all the comics put together.

And she's a female POC.
    I meant in regards to the comics but when you lay it all like that, damn, Jess is really well poised to be the main GL over Hal and John based on outside media appearances isn’t she?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Is it fair to create a Concrete, Set-In-Stone "DC Universe Encyclopedia," when DC Lore is currently so fickle and capricious? With regard to 5G falling through but still kind of moving forward anyway, Future Slate, etc etc?
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Is it fair to create a Concrete, Set-In-Stone "DC Universe Encyclopedia," when DC Lore is currently so fickle and capricious? With regard to 5G falling through but still kind of moving forward anyway, Future Slate, etc etc?
    They're not trying to create a concrete set in stone encyclopedia. It gets updated every few years, just like any encyclopedia. And the main audience for these books is kids who are less obsessed with the monthly minutae of continuity like the middle-aged hobbyist audience.

I meant in regards to the comics but when you lay it all like that, damn, Jess is really well poised to be the main GL over Hal and John based on outside media appearances isn’t she?
    John is still set to be the lead of the movie, but, currently, Jess is top dog in terms of exposure (and those all important merchandise sales).