Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quick question.

Did they actualy confirm that Gabby was physicaly dead or is it merely her mind which is missing?

I had to recall how X-23 was remarking at the Gala how she shouldn't be too worried about Gabby, since her healing factor makes her difficult to kill, so wouldn't a guy like Farouk (who doesn't seem like being a physical power house capable of killing Wolverine or his kin in a straight fight) only be able to kill her mentaly?

Come to think of it. How long does Wolverine or one of his kin need to be dead (as in inactive cell reproduction and organ functions) until their cells' healing factor won't be able to regenerate their body anymore, if brain and organ functions are restored again?

Because i recall it usualy requires full vaporization by sunfire or energy beams, long term submersion and other extreme circumstances to keep his body actualy dead. So wouldn't that also mean that Gabby's body could still be fully restored by itself even hours after her (brain) death?

Which would actualy mean that Martha moving around in her body, could actualy be a good thing, since it could very well keep her body alive (if it can move her healing factor should in theory be active and kicking) until they found a way to restore her mind.

So less "Weekend at Bernies" and more a situation from the series Lucifer, where a godly being lands in the body of a dead woman, restoring her body to full functionaly and when she leaves it by the end of the season, the woman's souls returned to her still living body, giving her a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Rahne was talking real RECKLESS to Karma and she a better friend than me cause if someone invalidated my trauma like that I would have to cut them off.

I have mixed feelings about all the new mutants added to the rescue scene. I like that Vita is trying to add more queer mutants to the mix, but I feel like they're destined for wallpaper status. If they get cycled in as our main supporting cast after the ongoing plot with Shadow King there may be hope for them, but also there are SO many underutilized young mutants waiting for their moment in the spotlight.

The kids who hijacked Gabby's body really got on my nerves this chapter. They were ready to jump down everyone's throat when they've been the main ones excluding Gabby and gaslighting her this whole run. I understand this is their way of reconciling, but their plan could not have been dumber.

I'm realizing these sound like complaints, but I love how invested I am in this story!
    Thank you, my thoughts exactly! I know they make me frustrated, cause I'm invested in the story, but damn, both kids and Rahne are so annoying.
    Also, one problem, Anole and Martha characterization is off... with Elixir calling the group "kiddos" was bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    These kids need to go in the pit. Bad enough they get her killed, then they weekend at Bernie's her. Ya, throw them in the pit. Or let the Wolverine family go berserk on them.
    And to make matters worse, their plan is basically to put her mind into her dead body which, based on the conversation with Daken, is already in the process of starting to rot and Martha possessing her hasn’t seemed to have jump started her healing factor. Sure Elixir could fix her right up but they don’t wanna tell anyone so what’s their plan for when that catches up to them?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And to make matters worse, their plan is basically to put her mind into her dead body which, based on the conversation with Daken, is already in the process of starting to rot and Martha possessing her hasn’t seemed to have jump started her healing factor. Sure Elixir could fix her right up but they don’t wanna tell anyone so what’s their plan for when that catches up to them?
    Thanks for answering that question of mine on the side.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was a good issue, but I'm starting to find these kids irritating. Anole's characterization is starting to feel off, and the interaction with Elixir was weird, they should be about the same age, no? The search and rescue story felt like filler. The art is serviceable, but I want Reis back.

i feel like the Academy kids should be 17-19 by now

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I lump them with Laura so yeah that's my read too. I mean, Pixie graduated, whatever the hell that means in the X-Verse.

I'm still associating Anole's behaviour here as a deliberate and park of Farrouk's influence, but we'll see if that's the point or not.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...this Amahl Farouk and the Kiddos storytline has been going on for seven issues now and it's still not resolved? WTF?
    I like the writing but...this plot needs to wrap up and soon. I need a break from teenagers making stupid decisions and doing dumb ****. And I need to not see these particular teens for a very long while.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Sounds about right. Most were 15-17 when they were introduced I believe, making them around the same age as the Runaways back then, who're about two years older in their recent series.

I think I’m just not a fan of Vita’s writing. She has some great ideas for the characters but her delivery just isn’t doing it for me. I should care about the characters but they just end up annoying me.

Also, why is Elixir calling Anole a kid when they were both students at the same time so should be around the same age?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...this Amahl Farouk and the Kiddos storytline has been going on for seven issues now and it's still not resolved? WTF?
    I like the writing but...this plot needs to wrap up and soon. I need a break from teenagers making stupid decisions and doing dumb ****. And I need to not see these particular teens for a very long while.
    I say the main issue that’s causing this slow pace is that time keeps getting divided between an A plot and a B plot (and in this issue, a third plot with the team helping the newly manifested mutant that, while nice, didn’t add anything to either plot and only slowed them both down). If this book could just focus on one plot rather than jumping all over the place, we could’ve been done this story yesterday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I think I’m just not a fan of Vita’s writing. She has some great ideas for the characters but her delivery just isn’t doing it for me. I should care about the characters but they just end up annoying me.

Also, why is Elixir calling Anole a kid when they were both students at the same time so should be around the same age?
    Perhaps Elixir is trying to sound all mature and grown up given that she's been one of the X-men and all, or something along those lines...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I say the main issue that’s causing this slow pace is that time keeps getting divided between an A plot and a B plot (and in this issue, a third plot with the team helping the newly manifested mutant that, while nice, didn’t add anything to either plot and only slowed them both down). If this book could just focus on one plot rather than jumping all over the place, we could’ve been done this story yesterday.
    And the issue is compounded by the fact that Rahne is part of both the main plots, so they have to move in unison with each other.

So is the hatchery break-in going to end up being covered up? No matter what their intentions were, or if they blame Farouk, I can't imagine attacking Tempus, a member of The Five, would go without severe punishment.

I don’t know about this issue. I liked the rescue mission plot a lot but the Rahne plot and the kids plot both were kind of annoying. Maybe the goal is to make the group trying to resurrect Gabby annoying as heck because they came off that way to me. I’m also having the same issue as I do with X-Force, they need to speed things up a bit let’s wrap up the Shadow King arc already. The best part of the book for me was the cover art, that was fantastic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I read this again and I got to give to Vita it is a dense read. A lot happens in this issue. It's just certain characters dialogue just doesn't vibe and takes me out of the story.

There are three subplots; Karma and Rahne, Gabby and kids, Proudstar and Illyana.

I'm going to start with the kids subplot. They have a right to feel the way they do. But gahd damn kids are stupid. Especially when two of those: Rain Boy and Anole are basically already graduates of the institute. This Anole is not recognizable to me. All the other characters are blank slates so I don't feel like they are OOC but Anole. WTF for reals. As other have already said Anole, Elixir, and Tempus just sound OOC.

Martha telling off Daken was interesting because its something that Gaby thought but would never actually say IMO because its not her. But I do feel like Daken should have known something was off. Other than just the scent.

Proudstar and Illyana taking a team to rescue a new mutant and or save a town is something I want to see explored more. Especially with characters we have been begging to show up for like 2 years now. Give us more substantial cameos from Academy students or Jean Grey Institute or Gen Hope characters. Throw us a damn bone. Sheesh. But I loved the subverted expecation that these humans were actually tyring to protect the little girl. That was a nice change.

Idk what the F has been going on with Rhane ever since she found out her kid is alive somewhere. Everyone says there is gaybaiting between Karma, Dani, and Rhane. I don't really see that. But those girls really need to have a sit down and figure what the deal is with Rhane. Is Shadow Kind really influencing the kid squad and Rhane.

Decent issue. I just want her to pick up the story beats faster. Unless they are decompressing this until INFERNO.