Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes! In Marvel Voices a new mutant lived until he was old an age but never got to be himself so Daken who was his lover at one point went ahead and brought him back on Krakoa so for the first time he could live open and honest and be himself. He was brought back as a teenager.
    Somnus, yeah.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

After reading one of today's books I got a feeling we're going to find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    spoilers:
    Marauders revealed Harry Leland will be resurrected soon because he helped defeat Nimrod once by making Shaw fall on him with the weight and speed of an asteroid falling of earth, perhaps Leland charging Shaw will become something like the fastball special
    end of spoilers

Can a mutant that died fat and old be resurrected young and thin? Or will they say it's anti-ageism and fat shaming? Kinda like the justification they used for not giving Karma back her leg.
    I don't see any reason to not resurrect a mutant in their physical prime.
    70s Claremont made Magneto a 30 years old man, he explicitely said something like the body of a 30 years old man in his physical prime (he had been turned into a baby by Moira iirc)
    Technically they can bring him young, doing it is possible, but slim ???
    It depends on how your metabolism was in your youth.

Unless they make certain modifications.
    But so far they have all returned with the age and characteristics they had at the time of death. For example the four-armed fat mutant who is a famous designer.

Speaking as somehow who is overweight, I would absolutely want to be resurrected in peak physical condition.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think using the word FAT for describing someone who is overweight is quite hurtful.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

1) On the one hand, I if was Amal Farouk being resurrected, I would have needed a whole new wardrobe.

2) On the downside. I would have needed a whole new wardrobe.

(And on the gripping hand, his possession of Karma and it's side-effects suggest that whatever fit young body he gets resurrected into is going to very quickly blossom to it's Kingpin-esque glory. For a mind-controller, boy's got the willpower of a chihuahua...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    1) On the one hand, I if was Amal Farouk being resurrected, I would have needed a whole new wardrobe.

2) On the downside. I would have needed a whole new wardrobe.

(And on the gripping hand, his possession of Karma and it's side-effects suggest that whatever fit young body he gets resurrected into is going to very quickly blossom to it's Kingpin-esque glory. For a mind-controller, boy's got the willpower of a chihuahua...)
    hahahaha... just imagining the Five going through all the trouble only to see him later on the island.

I wonder if they get annoyed when people damage their work. They certainly didn't like Quentin's notes for his next bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think using the word FAT for describing someone who is overweight is quite hurtful.
    It is what it is. The truth should hurt in this case. Being fat isn’t supposed to be glorified. I’m starting on my track to losing weight, but I’ve got a long road ahead of me…

On topic… I again say that if Quentin can have the size of his BLANK adjusted, surely anyone with physical issues should be given a fresh start as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If your really asking. Just objectively speaking i can see how given Rachel's history and all her stories and her now being the only version of herself and given Scott and Jean talk in cable about them being unconventional parents. I can see a world where rachel would create a will where she comes back as kid so she can experience life rather than all the loss she experienced which eventually lead to her being treated as a hound. Judt stray thoughts.
    She'd still have all those experiences from her horrible timeline tho...add that to the fact Jean+Scott wouldn't be the leave it to Beaver type parents +puberty+the option to drink/smoke if you're stressed out... who'd want that
    GrindrStone(D)

they could, and should. New beginnings, starting over, etc.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I probably completely misunderstand the resurrection protocols, because I glaze over so many of the data pages, but wouldn't Cerebro's last backup play a part in how young/fit/thin someone could be brought back...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    It is what it is. The truth should hurt in this case. Being fat isn’t supposed to be glorified. I’m starting on my track to losing weight, but I’ve got a long road ahead of me…

On topic… I again say that if Quentin can have the size of his BLANK adjusted, surely anyone with physical issues should be given a fresh start as well.
    Call them overweight, not fat. That is rude and unneeded hurtful.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I probably completely misunderstand the resurrection protocols, because I glaze over so many of the data pages, but wouldn't Cerebro's last backup play a part in how young/fit/thin someone could be brought back...?
    To an extend. Cerebro basically keeps a general back up with i believe with a week or so difference from the moment the person dies at the latest. However, a person can make request to modify something in terms of age or appearance. This was mostly vague, but we seen Quentin make request for changes when he comes back in X-Force, and recently Synch was brought back into his current body (Which I believe was age a little to make him contemporary with his class? I may need to reread that) when he came back from his mission inside the Vault where he got old due to time flowing differently there. Also that new mutant that slept with Daken that one time died a normal death but was brought back in his peak.

However, these special request haven't been confirm to be extended to everyone. I thought X-Factor would've explored this area but we won't be doing that now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Being referred to as "fat" is not pejorative unless it's actually meant to be insulting and hurtful.

Entywise...answer to the OP's question...yes.
    And now that I think on it...I really want Leland to come back as all lithe, fit and sexy...straight out of an Harlequin Romance bodice-ripper.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-21-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think this is where readers have to suspend our disbelief and just accept there will always be limits to how a character can be changed by the resurrection process, otherwise everyone on Krakoa would be a 20-something supermodel.