Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I'd want to come back young and healthy, but the cancerous organ that was removed can stay gone.
    My flag is bacon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Speaking as somehow who is overweight, I would absolutely want to be resurrected in peak physical condition.
    Everybody would want the same. I really think that this rules, who are only written to not anger all the readers, are stupid in-universe. Why Karma would want to be resurected without a leg ? Why any mutants would not want to be resurrected in peak condition ? All this chapter of the story of the mutants, is about how they have decided to use science to be immortal, and to fight the limitations of Homo sapien science. and even from an ethical point of view it doesn't make sense: they define themselves as homo superior, the natural evolution of humanity, why would a people who decided to give back their powers to millions of mutants, refuse to reincarnate them in their best state? It doesn't make sense.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Call them overweight, not fat. That is rude and unneeded hurtful.
    Fat descibes exactly what it is. Technically most superheros would be at least be considered overweight, if not obese if going by the actual medical definition. The word fat leaves little room for that variaton. For example, it would be inaccurate to call Bishop fat but based on his stats, he could be called obese and that still be accurate
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-22-2021 at 01:35 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Call them overweight, not fat. That is rude and unneeded hurtful.
    Then people will complain about being called overweight cuz it's "rude and hurtful".
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    1) On the one hand, I if was Amal Farouk being resurrected, I would have needed a whole new wardrobe.

2) On the downside. I would have needed a whole new wardrobe.

(And on the gripping hand, his possession of Karma and it's side-effects suggest that whatever fit young body he gets resurrected into is going to very quickly blossom to it's Kingpin-esque glory. For a mind-controller, boy's got the willpower of a chihuahua...)
    Honestly why would Farouk give a fig about his physical appearance if he was an immortal disembodied being for whom any shell is just a shell/skin to be shed...Even if we accept Farouk as a separate mutant hosting the shadowking being, with his telepathic power he can appear as anyone he wants to be. Feeling inadequate with that kind of power is pretty absurd.

However back to the point, assuming other mutants like Blob or Goldballs want to be resurrected in peak shape sure they can be resurrected thin if that is the criterion ,but when you are immortal with their kind of technology, looking far ahead into the future, they could as well want to to try on different forms -for it seems like repeatedly living as young and thin would get stale and maybe growing fat and old would give them.a semblance of the passage of time or add a sense of 'realism' to longevity.
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-22-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Fat descibes exactly what it is. Technically most superheros would be at least be considered overweight, if not obese if going by the actual medical definition. The word fat leaves little room for that variaton. For example, it would be inaccurate to call Bishop fat but based on his stats, he could be called obese and that still be accurate
    Not a quite a medical definition, it only would be classified by the standard BMI chart, which is already known in ‘medicine’ not be accurate for athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Not a quite a medical definition, it only would be classified by the standard BMI chart, which is already known in ‘medicine’ not be accurate for athletes.
    Its still something used by medical professionals and is recognized by the CDC and FDA

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Is this Polaris shade? Cuz I’m here for it.

Astonishing Member

I edited the first post to upload the relevant panels of Leland from the issue in which he dies defeating Nimrod, they look quite small unfortunately