Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >I read this issue solely for Lourdes Chantel. I'm not sure the story did her any favours. In the original, she was a vehicle for Shaw's story progression. In this one, she's a vehicle for Emma's story progression. I hope she shows up as an independent character in her own right, not someone's pawn or victim.
    >Lourdes Chantel's Wiki is already updated! We X-Fans do not waste time!
    >I was disappointed we didn't get art on par with John Bolton's or even Bolton himself doing the flashback.
    >Oddly, I enjoyed the Cuckoos trying to help an abused child villain more than the main plot. This story had heart and real emotion.
    >Looking forward to Banshee and Tempo next issue but I fear they'll just be more fodder for the Emma & Kitty Show.
    See whether her death was real or fake i think Duggan went out of his way to show that her death was still the catalyst for Shaw change. what i worry about is the writers erasing that change and having him bitter she did what she had to do rather than embracing it and still going forward changing for the better. At this point Duggan has shaw as at a place where he could destroy him or turn him into a memorable voice that anyone can change for the better, which i truly believe.

But at the same time, it did help expand on Emma. but again, i think Duggan did a great job of portraying it in a way that it did not take anything away from why Shaw changed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sorry if this is controversial, but this book is giving white feminism. It's also interesting that Williams got attacked for bringing in sensitive issues around sexual violence, but I haven't seen any similar criticism levied at Duggan for doing the same (though I mostly stay off social media so I might be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Sorry if this is controversial, but this book is giving white feminism. It's also interesting that Williams got attacked for bringing in sensitive issues around sexual violence, but I haven't seen any similar criticism levied at Duggan for doing the same (though I mostly stay off social media so I might be wrong).
    I don't do twitter or instagram so unless it was brought over here i wouldn't know it was happening. And my facebook is people i actually knew growing up. Like i could blue verify they a$$ses. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm seeing quite a bit of criticism for how Duggan handled the issues of physical abuse and child sex abuse, but not nearly as much vitriol as Williams got. Lots more "Gerry Duggan turned in a bad issue" as opposed to "Leah Williams is a bad person".

I enjoyed it. I like the set up with Fisk and Emma and the potential to return of Lourdes. I do wish we have seen more on Christian and the crystal stuff. And I don't particularly like Whilimina's traumatic backstory as an explanation. I like the Cuckoo's helping her but I have no real interest in explaining the Hellfire Bratz. This is easily my least favorite issue as a stand alone, but I am curious of where things will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What backlash did Williams get?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    I'm glad other people enjoyed this issue, but I'm honestly bored with the constant repetition of Emma good, Sebastian bad. I'm not sure why Sebastian is even still in this series. He was interesting as a villain (although he was never allowed to be much of a threat), and now he's been so completely beaten down. Are we going to see him start plotting again, or is he just going to be continually kicked? Unless Lourdes will show up again in the future, it didn't really seem to move the plot along at all, besides further character development of Emma. And honestly, we've already had plenty of that in this series. I would have much rather seen some follow-up on the attack on Christian and the Marauder, at least that would have given the other characters something to do. I guess I'll just look forward to Tempo and Banshee in the next issue.
    Logic would dictate he take his revenge on everyone and not just Frost and Lourdes, but given how Bishop, Iceman, Pyro and others have been squandered in this book i doubt we will see anything relevant to him after this...i mean they didn't even address the thing about Christian, the crystals or the boat.

"So, the only reason I care about mutants is a lie?"

This is going to get interesting.

It was an okay issue. The art was good except for the flash back stuff, that style didn’t fit for me but I get what they were going for. I felt bad for Wilhelmia today but honestly I’ve never been enjoyed the idea of the X-Men fighting children since their debut. I am interested to see how Shaw further reacts to this news.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    "So, the only reason I care about mutants is a lie?"

This is going to get interesting.
    Yea, a truth like that could very well end up turning him against Krakoa and plotting right alongside Mystique. In fact, it could be interesting if they were to form their own shadow council of those who were used, lied to or just want power.

I thought this was a great issue! I love the idea of going back in time and using cerebro to record someone before they died. Let’s bring them all back, bay-bee!

Astonishing Member

So a female X-men related character who has dramatically died several decades ago and not presented or mentioned as relevant ever since, turns out to have actualy faked her death and now returns which throws a characters motivations into a different light?

I wonder if someone will claim Duggan is trying to immitate what Hickman did with Moira on a smaller scale here?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So a female X-men related character who has dramatically died several decades ago and not presented or mentioned as relevant ever since, turns out to have actualy faked her death and now returns which throws a characters motivations into a different light?

I wonder if someone will claim Duggan is trying to immitate what Hickman did with Moira on a smaller scale here?
    I mean that's like a classic soap opera trope lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean that's like a classic soap opera trope lol
    True. Let's hope the current direction won't end with Xavier waking up in bed and finding Moira under the shower, realising it was all just a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    True. Let's hope the current direction won't end with Xavier waking up in bed and finding Moira under the shower, realising it was all just a dream.
    It would be fitting.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I mostly enjoyed the Emma and Shaw story and the flashback, although the art for that portion was not good. It wasn't clear by the end of the issue whether they intend to track down Lourdes. Since she was given a new identity, I wonder if it's a character we already know. I thought the Cuckoos and Wilhelmina story was dull. I don't care to find out the tragic backstory of Wilhelmina because I do not care about any of the Verendi (Hellfire Brats). It's weird that there was no mention of Christian at all.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 07-21-2021 at 02:03 PM.