Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
>I read this issue solely for Lourdes Chantel. I'm not sure the story did her any favours. In the original, she was a vehicle for Shaw's story progression. In this one, she's a vehicle for Emma's story progression. I hope she shows up as an independent character in her own right, not someone's pawn or victim.
>Lourdes Chantel's Wiki is already updated! We X-Fans do not waste time!
>I was disappointed we didn't get art on par with John Bolton's or even Bolton himself doing the flashback.
>Oddly, I enjoyed the Cuckoos trying to help an abused child villain more than the main plot. This story had heart and real emotion.
>Looking forward to Banshee and Tempo next issue but I fear they'll just be more fodder for the Emma & Kitty Show.
See whether her death was real or fake i think Duggan went out of his way to show that her death was still the catalyst for Shaw change. what i worry about is the writers erasing that change and having him bitter she did what she had to do rather than embracing it and still going forward changing for the better. At this point Duggan has shaw as at a place where he could destroy him or turn him into a memorable voice that anyone can change for the better, which i truly believe.

But at the same time, it did help expand on Emma. but again, i think Duggan did a great job of portraying it in a way that it did not take anything away from why Shaw changed.