2 20.00%
  • S. J Clarkson Star Trek

3 30.00%
  • Rob Orci's Star Trek.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Would a Tarantino Star Trek be full of Tarantino-isms?
    We can only hope so!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    We can only hope so!
    As long as he's not too self indulgent

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

tarantino trek all day

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    As long as he's not too self indulgent
    You mean the feet thing? Ya that's gonna happen one way or another ��

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    This exactly states Star Trek's problem. The issue is not rebranding itself, it's rediscovering its brand. Stop trying to make this Die Hard or X Files. Just keep it Star Trek.

I could not possibly support Tarantino as a Star Trek director. He would insist on making a Tarantino movie, not a Star Trek movie.
    I don't know about that. Tarantino is pretty reverent to stuff that he likes. I'm sure there would be Tarantino elements, but I imagine he would be pretty respectful. Obviously, we'll never know, but I imagine it would be very inline with TOS.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You mean the feet thing? Ya that's gonna happen one way or another ��
    I just mean going overboard in general with his recurring film ideas. They're fun but too much can be distracting

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    This exactly states Star Trek's problem. The issue is not rebranding itself, it's rediscovering its brand. Stop trying to make this Die Hard or X Files. Just keep it Star Trek.
    Precisely No. It is about breathing new life to a series. no one is trying to make trek what it isnt, many just want fresh blood to expand what is already a rich universe and give us something new while staying faithful to the very core of what star trek should be.

I believe this are some of the reasons why the 2009 film was a success, however the sequel (Star Trek Into Darkness) failed in many ways when it tired to be a rehash of Wrath of Khan

I could not possibly support Tarantino as a Star Trek director. He would insist on making a Tarantino movie, not a Star Trek movie.

Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained for 2 good examples are very much still movies about Slavery, Westerns and World War 2, just with a Tarantino's touch. I am thinking his Star Trek would have been very much the same.

I don't know enough about the S.J. Clarkson, Noah Hawley, or Matt Shakman projects to comment one way or the other. Tarantino just seemed like the wrong choice through and through (beyond his R-rated brand not fitting, his idea was just too convoluted). Orci's project actually sounded really good, however, he wasn't a strong writer, so I strongly question how well the execution would've been.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Honestly, None Of The Above, which is why I didn't vote.

Star Trek films have been at their best when they were closure stories on the tv shows. So, stand-alone, or franchise entry films? Especially director ego pieces or brand pumps?

No thanks.

Star Trek I agree is best on tv but movies are also good to keep the series more alive. A movie once every 2-3 years is good.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm sure he has the equivalent of the N-word for Vulcans peppered throughout his script like a steak au poivre.
    or copying some classic French cinematic scene of a character staring or sucking an exposed Alien toe that becomes the inciting incident for the movie.