Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default "Last of the Marvels" Sees the Return of a Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell returns)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-from-the-past

Genis-Vell returns this October in 'Captain Marvel' #33!

“The Last of the Marvels,” the upcoming story arc in writer Kelly Thompson’s hit run on CAPTAIN MARVEL, will kick off this September in CAPTAIN MARVEL #32. The thrilling saga will celebrate the legacy of Captain Marvel and sees Carol teaming up with Kamala Khan when a dark presence from earlier in Thompson’s run mysteriously reappears. Months ago, Carol was trapped inside a twisted version of her own suit. Now the nightmare prison has returned…but it’s not Carol inside.

Seen on artist Gerald Parel’s variant cover for October’s CAPTAIN MARVEL #33, the fan-favorite cosmic hero Genis-Vell is back in the first of many shocking reveals. But what role will the son of the original Captain Marvel play in the cosmic conflict? And who else is hiding behind the masks? Find out when “The Last of the Marvels” continues in October!

CAPTAIN MARVEL #33
    Written by KELLY THOMPSON
    Art by SERGIO DÁVILA
    Variant Cover by GERALD PAREL
    On Sale 10/6!
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 07-21-2021 at 03:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

would be great to have Genis back but that isn't my favorite look for him, I prefer his homage to his dad's costume but if the man himself, Mar-vell is coming back too then no need to have an imitator to all that Starlin blonde haired greatness.

Dear god I hated that look. Hopefully it’s just because it’s a variant cover and not indicative of the content. He came sooooo far after getting out of that look.

Would've preferred they kept his Photon look from Thunderbolts.

I'm happy Genis is coming back, I just hope it's not in that costume .

We can’t do without Khan it seems. Personally I would rather like a mini series with Songbird and him.

i don't know why but this pic makes me think of Rambo and not just rambo but the scientist dude in the movie who played the rival cosplaying as rambo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

His outfit‘s color scheme fits the GotG.

Glad Genis is back but please put him in his costume from Avengers Forever. Loved the starfield effect on it.

Isn't this his costume or look when Marvel gave him the name CM from Monica? Avengers unplugged #5 . Might be cuz of that.

Fantastic Member

Cautiously optimistic. I actually loved the Kree Warrior look with the green and starfield detailing. Just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Dear god I hated that look. Hopefully it’s just because it’s a variant cover and not indicative of the content. He came sooooo far after getting out of that look.
    I know, right?! The only time I ever liked that look was when Pacheco drew it during the Genny/Rick transformation into the cooler version from...

Avengers Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    We can’t do without Khan it seems. Personally I would rather like a mini series with Songbird and him.
    Agreed. Genny & Mel made a great pair (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Cautiously optimistic. I actually loved the Kree Warrior look with the green and starfield detailing. Just me?
    Me too. If he can't wear his dad's updated threads, then might as well give him his dad's classic look...

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-22-2021 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Isn't this his costume or look when Marvel gave him the name CM from Monica? Avengers unplugged #5 . Might be cuz of that.
    Wait. so monica was the first captain marvel and they took her title and gave it to some white dude?

*off to google.*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Wait. so monica was the first captain marvel and they took her title and gave it to some white dude?

*off to google.*
    No! Mar-Vell was the first Marvel Captain Marvel.

Incredible Member

It would be funny if Genis' new name was Spectrum! As if he were a specter, since he came back from the dead