Incredible Member

Default Original INVADERS

Looking forward to this!

Apparently early next year behind there’s going to be in invaders Omnibus. It looks like it’s going to collect almost all the material connect to the original invaders series.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

As someone who collected the original Invaders series when I was younger, it should make for a fun read.

Astonishing Member

This was a great series, particularly with Frank Robbins artwork. He was a very stylized artist -- but that style worked great with the WWII era.

Hopefully, this omnibus will include...

Avengers #71

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hopefully, this omnibus will include...

Avengers #71

It would only make sense to include that issue if they include Invaders Annual #1 from 1977.

Yes, both issues are complementary, showing the perspectives from each side.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    This was a great series, particularly with Frank Robbins artwork. He was a very stylized artist -- but that style worked great with the WWII era.
    As a kid, I really didn't like Robbins stylized art, especially when you had amazing covers by guys like John Romita Sr., Jack Kirby and Gil Kane, and then you opend the book to find him (I also don't think Frank Springer did him any favors. IMHO, Vince Coletta was a better fit). Later on, as an adult, I've learned to appreciate more his art.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 07-24-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    As a kid, I really didn't like Robbins stylized art, especially when you had amazing covers by guys like John Romita Sr., Jack Kirby and Gil Kane, and then you opend the book to find him (I also don't think Frank Springer did him any favors. IMHO, Vince Coletta was a better fit). Later on, as an adult, I've learned to appreciate more his art.

Peace
    Glad to read SOME praise for Vince Colletta. I've only heard negative comments about the poor guy.

Glad to read SOME praise for Vince Colletta. I've only heard negative comments about the poor guy.

I loved Vince Colleta works!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I think it may depend on whose pencils he's inking. If he's inking a strong pencil artist like Robbins, he's a great fit.

If you have him inking someone who isn't as firm and detailed with their pencil lines, it won't necessarily be as dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I loved Vince Colleta works!
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think it may depend on whose pencils he's inking. If he's inking a strong pencil artist like Robbins, he's a great fit.

If you have him inking someone who isn't as firm and detailed with their pencil lines, it won't necessarily be as dynamic.
    Yeah. Vince Colletta didn't always work with everyone (most inkers don't). For exemple, I don't think he brought up the best in George Perez's work (I don't remember him ever working with Byrne. Did he?). But he was my favorite inker to work with, say, George Tuska. A lot of people don't like him over Kirby's pencils, I liked it.

Peace