Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Manchester Black vs the Joker

The leader of the Elite vs the Clown Prince of Crime.

Comic book version.

Animated version.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

one of these characters has telekinesis that can kinda mess with Superman.

the other is the Joker.

Either you're intending to give the Joker one-sided prep or some kind of amp, or this is an intentional stomp.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-22-2021 at 02:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Manchester can do any of the following things, and more, with his TK without the Joker being able to fight back:

- Rip the Joker's head clean off his neck.
    - Slam the Joker into the ground and wall until he's a boken puddle.
    - Slice open the Joker's torso so that he bleeds out.
    - Rip off the Joker's arms and beat him to death with them.
    - Implode the Joker into a horrifying meat ball.

When I opened this thread, I assumed there must have been some kind of scenario or specific conditions.

Alas, no.

I can only assume OP thought Black was a telepathic, not a telekinetic.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Manchester using his telepathy to dive into Joker's mind would be more interesting. It's like a twisted version of Psychonauts.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Given Black's power, I'd consider it a possibility that he could manage to get a 10-count on the Joker with telepathy, as well, or simply shut him down. The guy is pretty high on the totem pole when it comes to telepathic stuff, and despite DC saying the Joker gives telepaths fits, they HAVE controlled him briefly at times...and I really don't see it would give a telepath that many issues to simply 'mental assault KO' the Joker.

At least there would be arguments to be made.

But yes, the Joker is geography, and Black's PK effortlessly protects him from anything done before squoosh.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Given Black's power, I'd consider it a possibility that he could manage to get a 10-count on the Joker with telepathy, as well, or simply shut him down. The guy is pretty high on the totem pole when it comes to telepathic stuff, and despite DC saying the Joker gives telepaths fits, they HAVE controlled him briefly at times...and I really don't see it would give a telepath that many issues to simply 'mental assault KO' the Joker.

At least there would be arguments to be made.

But yes, the Joker is geography, and Black's PK effortlessly protects him from anything done before squoosh.

Black has actually gone into Doomsday's head and reprogrammed it at a point where the Martian Manhunter couldn't even sense a true mind. Given J'onn has temporarily made the Joker sane with great strain and Black has demonstrated a superior ability at essentially this same thing, I think he can pull it off.

Black also has feats for mind controlling most of Superman's rogues at once across the globe, but that's not quite the same thing as dealing with one really really twisted mind. (Then again, I think those minds included Bizarro and Mongul?)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I like this because they pair up well thematically --- both of them are presented as philosophical challenges to their respective heroes' sense of morality as well as physical threats to those heroes. Manchester Black presents as a more ruthless "anti-hero" who espouses putting down villains with lethal force, the Joker is a nihilist who thinks morality is a joke to begin with, and both deride Superman's and Batman's moral codes as either obsolete and antiquated, or even hypocritical and secretly (or subconsciously) self-serving. Furthermore, they have also tried to compel Superman and Batman, respectively, to break those codes and thus "prove" there's no real difference between them and those they oppose. This is actually great food for thought --- even if the Joker would technically be outmatched by Manchester's telekinetic and telepathic abilities.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You sure you don't mean Malakai Black?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like this because they pair up well thematically --- both of them are presented as philosophical challenges to their respective heroes' sense of morality as well as physical threats to those heroes. Manchester Black presents as a more ruthless "anti-hero" who espouses putting down villains with lethal force, the Joker is a nihilist who thinks morality is a joke to begin with, and both deride Superman's and Batman's moral codes as either obsolete and antiquated, or even hypocritical and secretly (or subconsciously) self-serving. Furthermore, they have also tried to compel Superman and Batman, respectively, to break those codes and thus "prove" there's no real difference between them and those they oppose. This is actually great food for thought --- even if the Joker would technically be outmatched by Manchester's telekinetic and telepathic abilities.
    Thank you for this answer.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Thank you for this answer.
    You're very welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Additional:

Would the Joker ever try to use Joker venom on Manchester Black?

Or failing that, try to break his mind?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Additional:

He could try...but to put into perspective it would be like a toddler trying to attack a grown man, where you'd need a very, very specific scenario in order for the toddler to win.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Additional:

given how powerful MB is compared to the joker, it would be giving a kitten a stick to fight a honey badger: the stick might improve the odds for the kitten but it's still gonna get torn apart by the honey badger.