Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ASM 75, 76, & 77
    Immortal Hulk 50
    Moon Knight 4
    Venom 1

This gender-bending of the Eternals is such bullshit.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

BANNED

October 6:
    Defenders #3
    Excalibur #24
    Hellions #16
    Savage Avengers #25

October 13:
    Immortal Hulk #50
    Avengers #49
    Ka-Zar Lord Of The Savage Land #2
    Warhammer 40,000: Sisters Of Battle #3
    X-Force #24
    X-Men #4

October 20:
    Alien #8
    S.W.O.R.D. #9
    The United States Of Captain America #5
    X-Men: The Trial Of Magneto #3

October 27:
    The Darkhold: Blade #1
    Winter Guard #3

Death of Dr. Strange (and probably the tie-ins, although those are probably worthless)
    Defenders
    Marvel Masterworks: Doctor Strange Vol. 10. Absolutely. A must. The End of All Vampires saga alone is worth the price.
    Last edited by Tulku; 07-22-2021 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

CONAN THE BARBARIAN EPIC COLLECTION: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS — QUEEN OF THE BLACK COAST TPB
    That's it!

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    Death of Dr. Strange (and probably the tie-ins, although those are probably worthless)
    Defenders
    Marvel Masterworks: Doctor Strange Vol. 10. Absolutely. A must. The End of All Vampires saga alone is worth the price.
    For me, just Death of Doctor Strange, specially the Strange Academy one with Amora and sons.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Has anyone ever read those Knights of Pendragon books before?
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Captain marvel #33
    spider-woman #16
    avengers #49
    avengers tech-on #3
    death of doctor strange #2
    iron man #13
    black widow #12

Doctor Strange is dead but appears in Defenders. Scarlet Witch is dead but appears in Darkhold. Peter Parker is dead but appears in Amazing Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    This gender-bending of the Eternals is such bullshit.
    gotta do that movie synergy BS.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have to think Guardians of the Galaxy is just skipping a month. They are still in the middle of a mini event - The Last Annihilation - aren't they?

Dark Ages #2
    Strange Academy: Death of Dr. Strange (I MAY check out the rest of that not sure)
    Ms. Marvel
    MoonKnight #4 because TIGRA!
    Spider-Woman #16 - possibly adding a new Spider to the family??
    Captain Marvel #33
    Fantastic Four #37
    Black Widow #12
    Champions #10
    Daredevil #35
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Strange is dead but appears in Defenders. Scarlet Witch is dead but appears in Darkhold. Peter Parker is dead but appears in Amazing Fantasy.
    They've gone on record as saying that Darkhold takes place before the Gala, as it was originally meant to be published last year. In Peter's case, Amazing Fantasy is a time travel book. The Peter in that book is Midtown High student Peter (alongside WWII Steve Rogers and Red Room Natasha Romanoff).

Also worth noting that Defenders both starts before Death of Doctor Strange, and will end before that book finishes.
    Last edited by Swamp Thing 2099; 07-23-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

As mentioned, Darkhold has a pretty good excuse, due to the long delay it had, and it IS pretty common for books to not line up exactly month to month, because arcs that started before X event in some other book may maintain that status quo until the arc is finished... I understand that, and am usually not one to worry about some slight mismatces in terms of timing.... BUT... things do seem to be especially chaotic right now. I don't know if it is due to delays similar to Darkhold that just never got solicited before like it did, or editors not being able to coordinate properly during the pandemic, or what. But it's not just Wanda and Strange that's wonky. It's also Thor appearing in 3 books with Mjolnir after leaving it and the Avengers in the last issue of Thor. (that one is especially hard to make line up with the Death of Dr Strange tie-in, because Strange participated in the issue before that, which apparently took place maybe a day or two prior to the issue where Thor gave up Mjolnir) And She-hulk appearing just, you know, usual green in some things, while red in Avengers, which says she will be changed afterward, so, if that includes an appearance change, then you can't make things line up... and this isn't quite related to the solicit in particular, but Enchantress is solicited here in the Dr Strange tie-in, continuing the story from that, where she was shown imprisoned in Asgard, but she had also just appeared in Captain Marvel where she was free, and living in Canada. And there she also seemed to have no children before Ove, but in Strange Academy she's the mother to Alvi and Iric. There's clearly some communication problems with editorial right now, there are several things that just can't line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    As mentioned, Darkhold has a pretty good excuse, due to the long delay it had, and it IS pretty common for books to not line up exactly month to month, because arcs that started before X event in some other book may maintain that status quo until the arc is finished... I understand that, and am usually not one to worry about some slight mismatces in terms of timing.... BUT... things do seem to be especially chaotic right now. I don't know if it is due to delays similar to Darkhold that just never got solicited before like it did, or editors not being able to coordinate properly during the pandemic, or what. But it's not just Wanda and Strange that's wonky. It's also Thor appearing in 3 books with Mjolnir after leaving it and the Avengers in the last issue of Thor. (that one is especially hard to make line up with the Death of Dr Strange tie-in, because Strange participated in the issue before that, which apparently took place maybe a day or two prior to the issue where Thor gave up Mjolnir) And She-hulk appearing just, you know, usual green in some things, while red in Avengers, which says she will be changed afterward, so, if that includes an appearance change, then you can't make things line up... and this isn't quite related to the solicit in particular, but Enchantress is solicited here in the Dr Strange tie-in, continuing the story from that, where she was shown imprisoned in Asgard, but she had also just appeared in Captain Marvel where she was free, and living in Canada. And there she also seemed to have no children before Ove, but in Strange Academy she's the mother to Alvi and Iric. There's clearly some communication problems with editorial right now, there are several things that just can't line up.
    Amora's imprisonment and seeming lack thereof was handwaved in Captain Marvel.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.