Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
So... For comparison, just think of all the other attempts superhero book publishers made to modernize the genre. Are they completely honest/loyal? Why should I care for Superman's death, if I know he will get back? Why should I care for ANY superhero series, if I will never get any closure (well, except for some miniseries I guess)? Why should I care for DC turning Alan Scott into a LGBTQ character, if it sounds incredibly fake? And aren't superhero attempts at saying something about politics somehow weak or not as convincing as a 100% political OGN about Kobane could be?
When you are working on property that you DO NOT OWN-you are at the mercy of it's OWNER.

There is stuff Superman can NOT do that say Savage Dragon can do.
Savage Dragon got replaced by his son in issue 193. He was killed off in issue 225 (or 250) for GOOD and now an alternate universe version is running around. DC will NOT do that with Clark Kent.

Malcolm Dragon-has a wife, 4 kids (2 with his wife, 1 with his ex and 1 with his step sister-they all had a FOURSOME without protection), left the USA to live in Canada in response to Trump's antics and his wife-she is Asian and a sex nymphomaniac. And you get to SEE IT.

Jon Boy Kent will NEVER do any of the above in a DC Comic.

Static can get away with MORE stuff because he is NOT owned by DC Comics. Static's best friend got killed in his original series-Static got so mad he almost killed 15 people with NO remorse. Miles Morales, Jon Boy, Tim Drake and others could not be shown doing that.

A gay Alan Scott or Iceman or Aqualad or Prodigy will NOT get the development and showcase like the kids in Boom Studios's The Woods, Lumberjanes, Paper Girls, Goldie Vance, Backstagers & Fence. 2 of those are books written by the current writer of Batman. Fence had a boy openly walking around dressed like a girl and another one who OPENLY slept with guys while LUSTING after the one straight black guy.
DC nor Marvel is going to showcase that.

Those writers can only be as honest as management allows them to be.