Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-BOOKS Solicitations for October 2021

INFERNO #2 (OF 4)

JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • STEFANO CASELLI (A) • Cover by Jerome Opeña
    FEEL THE FIRE!
    Secrets. Lies. They have a way of coming out and biting you when you least expect them. The secrets and lies of Krakoa will shake it to its foundation. Head of X Jonathan Hickman, continues a tale of consequences with one of his first Marvel collaborators, artist Stefano Caselli!

X-MEN LEGENDS #8

LARRY HAMA (W) • BILLY TAN (A/C)
    ENTER: OMEGA RED!
    WOLVERINE’s hunt for the missing mutants goes from bad to worse!
    Following LADY DEATHSTRIKE and the mysterious JIE JIE to Shanghai, where HINO-CHAN and JUBILEE have been taken, Logan will have to keep YUREI safe while dealing with the Hand. But who invited OMEGA RED to the battle?
    It’s Omega Red vs. Wolverine in an all-new tale, making this one of their earliest bouts in continuity (betcha weren’t counting on that)!

X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF MAGNETO #3 (OF 5)

Leah Williams (W) • Lucas Werneck (A) • Cover by Valerio Schiti
    JUDGE, JURY AND HEXECUTIONER!
    The truth won’t stay buried.
    Nor will other things…
    Who lurks in the shadows, and what do they know?

S.W.O.R.D. #9

Al Ewing (W) • JACOPO CAMAGNI (A)
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    THE SHI’AR IMPERIAL GUARD VS… THE LEGION?!
    With Abigail Brand’s attention divided between two S.W.O.R.D. stations, all ORCHIS needs is to pick their moment to strike. Meanwhile, the Shi’ar Empress Xandra is making her first formal visit to the Lake Hellas Diplomatic Ring...and stepping into the gunsights of the all-new LETHAL LEGION!

HELLIONS #16

ZEB WELLS (W) • STEPHEN SEGOVIA (A/C)
    FALLOUT!
    The wheels have come off the Hellions bandwagon. They might all hate one another, but Nanny LOVES her latest addition! Who would be so cruel as to stomp on her happiness? It’s not who you think!

X-MEN #4

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • JAVIER PINA (A) • Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
    HEADS UP!
    It’s Halloween and the X-Men have to face a horror born of a neighboring town in Westchester… the Headless HORSEMAN?! And that’s not the only terror targeting them…

X-FORCE #24

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • MARTIN COCCOLO (A)
    COVER BY JOSHUA CASSARA
    BIG BROTHER!
    MIKHAIL RASPUTIN’s nesting doll agents have infiltrated Krakoa before, but never like this. If BLACK TOM can’t root out their invasion of BEAST, the consequences go beyond mere death. Time for PIOTR RASPUTIN, A.K.A. COLOSSUS, to step in.

NEW MUTANTS #22

VITA AYALA (W) • ROD REIS (A)
    Cover by MARTIN SIMMONDS
    SHADOW KING SHOWDOWN!
    He’s been skirting the line…skulking around the Wild Hunt…and now he’s simply gone too far. On Krakoa, where the dead walk among the living and the unforgiveable has been forgiven, the NEW MUTANTS now battle an old foe…the psychic entity known as the Shadow King!

WOLVERINE #17

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • LAN MEDINA (A) • Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    WHO CAN YOU TRUST?
    MAVERICK returns to team up with WOLVERINE! Meanwhile, C.I.A. Agent Jeff Bannister has just uncovered a secret surveillance device aimed at Krakoa. Now someone wants their bug back and Bannister out of the picture. Nowhere on or off Krakoa is safe.

MARAUDERS #25

GERRY DUGGAN (W) • PHIL NOTO (A)
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    QUEEN OF DIAMOND!
    You don’t cross Emma Frost…even if she was the one who crossed you first. The Marauders’ trip into space gets bloody – and in space, no one can hear you bleed.

EXCALIBUR #24

TINI HOWARD (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    KINGDOMS OF BLOOD!
    The ten kingdoms of Otherworld must decide: Are Excalibur heroes of the realm, or witchbreed to be put to the stake? The peace brought to Otherworld by their X OF SWORDS victory comes to an end.

I guess X-Corp is over!

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    S.W.O.R.D. #9

Al Ewing (W) • JACOPO CAMAGNI (A)
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    THE SHI’AR IMPERIAL GUARD VS… THE LEGION?!
    With Abigail Brand’s attention divided between two S.W.O.R.D. stations, all ORCHIS needs is to pick their moment to strike. Meanwhile, the Shi’ar Empress Xandra is making her first formal visit to the Lake Hellas Diplomatic Ring...and stepping into the gunsights of the all-new LETHAL LEGION!
    Orchis back on the scene and Xandra visiting PA. This sounds amazing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Some impressions:

I love Billy Tan's art on "Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire" so I'm super excited he is back on Marvel in X-men Legends, more than for Hama to be honest lol.
    I'm very glad Rod Reis is back on New Mutants and Segovia on Hellions. I thought both were gone from the books forever. Love some art consistency and they are both great.
    Hoping that this is the end of the Shadow King story finally. It is long enough at this point. It sounds cool though, amazing cover.
    Excalibur keeps on exploring Otherworld, which I love. Great cover as well.
    I hope this X-Force issue with Colossus makes the book exciting again. I need some shake-ups to love this book as I did in the beginning.
    I don't know what to think about this X-men issue, but the guest artist is good to replace Pepe.
    The Emma show continues on Marauders. Love the book, but I want me some Iceman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Orchis back on the scene and Xandra visiting PA. This sounds amazing.
    Right?! Excited that SWORD is still going on and we'll get to see more of Orchis and Xandra. Orchis is the most scaring thing in this Hickman era and Xandra is such a cool element. I love The Shiar stuff.

Looking forward to Inferno and X-Men but gotta say I'm bummed we won't get blessed with Larraz's art.

Xandra still owes Storm a favor for saving her life

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Looking forward to Inferno and X-Men but gotta say I'm bummed we won't get blessed with Larraz's art.
    Same. And I’ll probably get SWORD too in the hopes that adult Cable shows up there after his space adventure in Cable Reloaded next month.

Inferno #2 (of 4)
    x-men: The trial of magneto #3 (of 5)
    s.w.o.r.d. #9
    hellions #16
    x-men #4

Also, I'll be picking up my first Black Panther issue ever.

BLACK PANTHER #3
    JOHN RIDLEY (W) • JUANN CABAL (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE • MARVEL MASTERPIECES VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
    T’CHALLA VS. THE X-MEN OF MARS!
    With assassins closing in and Wakanda’s faith in him shaken, T’Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion, as T’Challa has ulterior motives for his visit. And back home, Shuri discovers who is behind the attacks on Wakanda’s secret agents, a revelation that will change everything…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-22-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Getting all the books Emma and Storm are appearing in + X-men.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Inferno #2 (of 4)
    s.w.o.r.d. #9
    hellions #16
    x-men #4

BLACK PANTHER #3
    With assassins closing in and Wakanda’s faith in him shaken, T’Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion, as T’Challa has ulterior motives for his visit. And back home, Shuri discovers who is behind the attacks on Wakanda’s secret agents, a revelation that will change everything…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    This looks really interesting and it's nice to see Gentle.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Inferno #2 (of 4)
    s.w.o.r.d. #9
    hellions #16
    x-men #4

BLACK PANTHER #3
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm seriously loving that Alex Ross cover.Can Alex do no wrong?The way the X-MEN are standing around and observing T'Challa humble himself is just amusing.I also find the shadowing interesting as it shows Black Panther being larger than what he is and T'challa as just another man in front of Ororo.And T'Challa's ass..ettsJust beautiful!!
    The Pessimist looks down and hits his head
    The Optimist looks up and loses his footing
    The Realist looks forward and adjusts his path accordingly

Pull List : X-MEN , IMMORTAL X-MEN , NEW MUTANTS , X-MEN RED , WOLVERINE, THOR ,ETERNALS , BLACK PANTHER , EXCELLENCE , KILLADELPHIA , NOCTERRA ,THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE , LITTLE MONSTERS , BONEYARD ORCHARD , NIGHTMARE BLOG , SEVEN SONS

New Mutants consistently has the best covers.

So X-Corp really is gone already.

I'm excited about Inferno, Marauders, X-men and SWORD.
    I'm glad the Shadow King arc is finally coming to a head. I'm enjoying Vita's run a lot, but it seems ages since that plotline began.
    Really hoping X-force improves or they get a new writer ASAP.