Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    No idea about the other stuff, but BP #1 was officially announced as being pushed back to November about a week or so ago. That places #3 in January, though, unlike what Bishop66 said.
    It will have a skip month in January. Skip months for everyone!

Fantastic Member

im correct A LOT More than im not....and i know this is the x-board but there is so so so so so much more to teh spencer leaving spidey suprised rich hasnt said anything ....might come out when his run is over.....

Fantastic Member

also a lot of people who post here have no clue on how the comic biz works .Do yourself a favor an either work at a comic store work for a comic book company or self publish. One thing and this is marvel policy since joe took over when a book is canceled and the creators are notified they are legally forbidden from saying it until a certain point ...just look at cable after they announced issue 12 would be the last the numbers for the last 3 issues were so so low its insane while cable reloaded is selling almost 5x as much. Also for lower tier books the bean counters and comic book people can tell 2 or 3 issues in that book willl not last,, way of x when 5 issues you switch to a one shot with a new number 1 you know its over.

also i mentioned new mutants it may still return with a new # 1 shortly i mentioned this before but marvel becasue of certain copyright deals becasue of malibu and otehr things always has to publish a book with mutants in hte title to keep exclusive rights to the copyright

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    also a lot of people who post here have no clue on how the comic biz works .Do yourself a favor an either work at a comic store work for a comic book company or self publish. One thing and this is marvel policy since joe took over when a book is canceled and the creators are notified they are legally forbidden from saying it until a certain point ...just look at cable after they announced issue 12 would be the last the numbers for the last 3 issues were so so low its insane while cable reloaded is selling almost 5x as much. Also for lower tier books the bean counters and comic book people can tell 2 or 3 issues in that book willl not last,, way of x when 5 issues you switch to a one shot with a new number 1 you know its over.

also i mentioned new mutants it may still return with a new # 1 shortly i mentioned this before but marvel becasue of certain copyright deals becasue of malibu and otehr things always has to publish a book with mutants in hte title to keep exclusive rights to the copyright
    Are you typing this from a bunker?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Oh joy, yet again we circle back to ‘T’Challa/Storm drama’. I swear it’s every 5 seconds with Marvel. And I swear there’s some negative implication when it’s constantly the Black couple that they rock the boat with yet other long running couples are perfectly fine.
    ??? Breaking up a fictional (shitty) relationship is somehow bad when the couple is Black? Did you feel the same way about Diana's real life (shitty) marriage to Charles who weren't Black??
    Last edited by rcaguy; 07-23-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Incredible Member

Ummm...no one can claim copyright on the word mutant/mutants even in a title as I understand copyright law.

Are all names copyright?

Well, they can copyright, and even have as trademarks, any names that are invented names. Disney made their own names for the Seven Dwarfs. So you can have Snow White doll, called Snow White if she doesn't look identical to Disney's 1937 design, but you can't call your dwarfs the same names.*

Oddly though you can't copyright the title of a book.

Yes, you need to avoid made up names of DC / Marvel other comics. But they can't stop you using real names that they use.

Don't use a rare real name. I forget which book was reprinted when the woman sued. I search names to make sure that there are thousands of hits of different people, but no famous people.

[*The story Bros Grimm wrote or collected doesn't name any of the dwarves]

https://www.sffchronicles.com/threads/560625/
    Last edited by rcaguy; 07-23-2021 at 02:20 PM.

Nice! Glad to hear it. I already pre-ordered my copy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So X-Corp really is gone already.

I'm excited about Inferno, Marauders, X-men and SWORD.
    I'm glad the Shadow King arc is finally coming to a head. I'm enjoying Vita's run a lot, but it seems ages since that plotline began.
    Really hoping X-force improves or they get a new writer ASAP.
    Was there ever a reason for X-Corp?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    No idea about the other stuff, but BP #1 was officially announced as being pushed back to November about a week or so ago. That places #3 in January, though, unlike what Bishop66 said.
    Yupp.

The solicit for BP 03 had me a lil...eh, what?

Anywho...

Inferno 02
    SWORD 09
    Hellions 16
    X-Men 04
    New Mutants 22
    Marauders 25
    Excalibur 24
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Was there ever a reason for X-Corp?
    To put my faves Monet and Selene in the spotlight without actually putting them in the spotlight. :/

The artist of Way of X made a comment on Twitter that makes it seem it is done.

Ultimate Member

That New Mutants cover is like, 'What? Farouk's head is full of angry gorillas?'

I don't even. I'm gonna have to read it just to see what.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The artist of Way of X made a comment on Twitter that makes it seem it is done.
    The messages are always vague, probably because writers and artists aren’t allowed to give away that info; but Bob has tried to be honest about it. He said ‘I think the book is TECHNICALLY ending at the onslaught revelation??’ But emphasized he’s not privy to publishing schedules.

But the statement could mean anything, it could be a one and done, a set up for a new book or the characters need to be passed along to other books. The writer is now working on something new so whatever it is, I doubt Spurriers involved and Bob certainly isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    S.W.O.R.D. #9

Al Ewing (W) • JACOPO CAMAGNI (A)
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    THE SHI’AR IMPERIAL GUARD VS… THE LEGION?!
    With Abigail Brand’s attention divided between two S.W.O.R.D. stations, all ORCHIS needs is to pick their moment to strike. Meanwhile, the Shi’ar Empress Xandra is making her first formal visit to the Lake Hellas Diplomatic Ring...and stepping into the gunsights of the all-new LETHAL LEGION!

Lethal Legion was from avengers #676. Mentacle a member of them was last seen in SWORD #6. Looks to be an ALL NEW team of them coming in SWORD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    ??? Breaking up a fictional (shitty) relationship is somehow bad when the couple is Black? Did you feel the same way about Diana's real life (shitty) marriage to Charles who weren't Black??
    Lol what?

Is Kurolegacy big into the British Royals or something?

Anyway, yes, constantly undermining the black power couple is problematic. There's... like... literally one of them.