Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Group writing exercise

I thought about creating a thread where batman fans could participate in a fun writing exercise meant to explore our creativity and knowledge about Batman related characters (or at least what we think we know about the characters).

So I'll start with a random quick line of dialogue and another person can continue the story with a reply. I have a feeling this is probably not going to work but let's see how it goes.

Batman - You're late was starting to think you wouldn't show up. Don't suppose you're going to tell my why you decided to go bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I thought about creating a thread where batman fans could participate in a fun writing exercise meant to explore our creativity and knowledge about Batman related characters (or at least what we think we know about the characters).

So I'll start with a random quick line of dialogue and another person can continue the story with a reply. I have a feeling this is probably not going to work but let's see how it goes.

Batman - You're late was starting to think you wouldn't show up. Don't suppose you're going to tell my why you decided to go bald.
    ((Oh. This actually sounds like a lot of fun.))

Nightwing - Wally's Bachelor party, last night. Lost a bet. That's about all I'm willing to share. [Looks around] No Tim or Damian tonight?
    Last edited by Blue22; 07-22-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ((Oh. This actually sounds like a lot of fun.))

Nightwing - Wally's Bachelor party, last night. Lost a bet. That's about all I'm willing to share. [Looks around] No Tim or Damian tonight?
    Batman- They both jokerized their fries and now they can't get off the pot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Batman- They both jokerized their fries and now they can't get off the pot.
    Nightwing - But hey, Bruce, did you happen to see that dress Selina was wearing tonight? Daaaaaaaammmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsguru View Post
    Nightwing - But hey, Bruce, did you happen to see that dress Selina was wearing tonight? Daaaaaaaammmmm!
    Red Hood- Yeah, saw her nab it the other night. And Bruce left an envelope of cash after she left, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Red Hood- Yeah, saw her nab it the other night. And Bruce left an envelope of cash after she left, too.
    Batman: Focus. Selina isn't the concern. The twenty-three guns-for-hire she was with, are.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 07-23-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Batman: Focus. Selina isn't the concern. The twenty-three guns-for-hire she was with, are.
    Jason: Why? You wanna sleep with them too?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Jason: Why? You wanna sleep with them too?
    Oracle (over the coms): Guys, I'm picking up the tracking device Bruce planted on Catwoman's dress. Looks like she's at the Iceberg Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Oracle (over the coms): Guys, I'm picking up the tracking device Bruce planted on Catwoman's dress. Looks like she's at the Iceberg Lounge.
    Batman: So everything's working as planned. Let's hope Selina can keep the buyer occupied. Nightwing what did you get from your Bludhaven source?

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Batman: So everything's working as planned. Let's hope Selina can keep the buyer occupied. Nightwing what did you get from your Bludhaven source?

Cuts to penguin henchmen

" hey boss, they're falling for the dress. They're on their way here "

Penguin- " excellent, get everyone into position.. I want him alive, the others use your discretion"

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Cuts to penguin henchmen

" hey boss, they're falling for the dress. They're on their way here "

Penguin- " excellent, get everyone into position.. I want him alive, the others use your discretion"
    Cuts back to Bruce & the gang...

Nightwing - My Bludhaven source informs me that Penguin is throwing some sort of big shindig for Gotham's most influential at the Iceberg Lounge. Also, I don't know about you, but my scalp is itching something fierce.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-25-2021 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Cuts back to Bruce & the gang...

Nightwing - My Bludhaven source informs me that Penguin is throwing some sort of big shindig for Gotham's most influential at the Iceberg Lounge. Also, I don't know about you, but my scalp is itching something fierce.
    Oracle/Batgirl over comms as the sound of her motorcycle cranks up - "Try shaving your legs sometime, then tell me. I'll be in position nearby."

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oracle/Batgirl over comms as the sound of her motorcycle cranks up - "Try shaving your legs sometime, then tell me. I'll be in position nearby."
    Cuts back to the Iceberg Lounge...

Penguin - Henchmen, has our special buyer arrived?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-25-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Condiment King bursts in unannounced.

CK- Prepare to bow before me, birdbrains! You can't ketchup to me! No matter many men you mustard! But not that I look around... Mayonnaise a lot of people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Condiment King bursts in unannounced.

CK- Prepare to bow before me, birdbrains! You can't ketchup to me! No matter many men you mustard! But not that I look around... Mayonnaise a lot of people here.
    Penguin: “weh? I didn’t order this loser! I don’t know who you think you are Condiment King, but your day is about to get rather un-phessant. Light ‘im up boys!”
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 07-24-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~