Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I can certainly say it overstayed it's welcome.
    The comic made sense as it was the first to do so.
    The movie made sense because it took the basic idea of the comic and made it good.
    If the MCU actually does it, it'll be to establish Secret Wars as a new Endgame.

But I do think it's overhyped, especially as I didn't really like the original comic in the first place.

I wish we'll just get a grounded Spider-man again, I miss it in the movies where a set piece would just be in a bank or in a Warehouse. Now the whole City has to be a fighting ground and I find it so boring
    All this.
    turning it into status quo and making these characters into mainstays in the 616 is so stupid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    All this.
    turning it into status quo and making these characters into mainstays in the 616 is so stupid.
    Not only that, but marvel have always tried to do it since the Clone Saga.

I've always joked that Slott wanted to be part of the Clone Saga and so made remakes of it with Spider-Island, Spider-Verse and Clone Conspiracy.

I do think Spider-verse is a good idea, but it needs to be a special thing. It's a one-off type story (which you could probably get away with doing one follow up years later, keyword being ONE) and then move on.

I'm just glad that Spencer's run has so far been rather separate from the whole "Spider-verse", showcasing them a few times in a point mini series.

Extraordinary Member

I've always joked that Slott wanted to be part of the Clone Saga and so made remakes of it with Spider-Island, Spider-Verse and Clone Conspiracy.

I do think Spider-verse is a good idea, but it needs to be a special thing. It's a one-off type story (which you could probably get away with doing one follow up years later, keyword being ONE) and then move on.

I'm just glad that Spencer's run has so far been rather separate from the whole "Spider-verse", showcasing them a few times in a point mini series.
    All this.
    It's cool as a once in a while multiversal scale thing but all of them in 616 and being the norm is horrible.

That's why ITSV is good, it gives all Spiders their different home worlds and this multiversal team-up is not the norm but the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Who doesn't want to read about Spider-Man and 30 other SpiderOCs? Bring back Spidercide!
    Spider-Chu

Never been a fan of the Spiderverse concept. It would be ok if it was a "what-if" storyline you could ignore, but now it's become mainstream and outstayed its welcome.

I wonder if Marvel told Spencer to use Web Warriors or order of the web or whatever they are called. I mean, we had a great scene with Spider-Gwen and Norman... And that's it. Had Kindred used sins on normal people, Peter's friends, like Robbie, Betty, etc - that would be truly diabolical.

The concept is fun but I feel like one of the reasons Marvel loves it so is because it can be used as a tool to avoid focusing on stories of Peter actually continuing with his adult life. An excuse to bring more teen Spideys into the fold to participate in zany hijinks ties into their obsession of trying to keep the character "young and fresh".

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The concept is fun but I feel like one of the reasons Marvel loves it so is because it can be used as a tool to avoid focusing on stories of Peter actually continuing with his adult life. An excuse to bring more teen Spideys into the fold to participate in zany hijinks ties into their obsession of trying to keep the character "young and fresh".
    This gets super weird when some of the alternates are Pete, but.... not teen Pete. Many of them are married, and/or fathers. So we have Spider-Man interact with children of his alternates.

As a side story it's cool, but... when do they go home? Also why not have Pete visit THEM instead of them coming to 616?

I liked the concept when i first saw it in the 90's cartoon and it was okay once it made it to the comics, but afterwards with that movie and then that follow up that didn't even really involve 616 Peter and seem more focused on Miles and finally that crap with Venom couldn't take it anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I liked the concept when i first saw it in the 90's cartoon and it was okay once it made it to the comics, but afterwards with that movie and then that follow up that didn't even really involve 616 Peter and seem more focused on Miles and finally that crap with Venom couldn't take it anymore.
    Yeah, and how they have Miles the uni-power.C'mon man, it has a purpose.It doesn't work with taunts.
    It's a terrible story and even though they sidelined Peter his fight with Morlun in the tie-in is miles(heh) better than anything in Spider-geddon.

Amazing Member

I only read Spiderverse for Superior Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Ultimate Marvel needs something like DC rebirth. A big event celebrating universe history, led by Miles. Too bad 616 is now to similar to 1610, so that's never going to happen.
    Should it also become annoyingly dark nonsense soon after like Rebirth did?

But hey, stories are still there, right?

Btw. Isn't 1610 kinda alive and well? I seem to remember at the end of some event, Peter and others. Was it Spider-Men 2?
    Last I checked, Cates showed in his Venom run that the place, or at least New York, was attacked by, something, and the Ultimates aren't around, possibly dead, but apparently in Ahmed's run on Miles' comic, Ultimate universe is fine?

Basically, classic "Haha Marvel has no editors" moment if so.

Either was, as for Spider-Verse, the idea of fanservice sounded cool, even if the idea of Spider-Verse was done first on the 90's cartoon, and then done again on that Shattered Dimensions game, but having a good idea hardly means the story lives up to it, so I really doubted the quality the story would end up having and, yeah, it's pretty mediocre even if you ignore the part of "A bunch of beloved Spider-Men got killed so Morlums look strong".

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Should it also become annoyingly dark nonsense soon after like Rebirth did?

Last I checked, Cates showed in his Venom run that the place, or at least New York, was attacked by, something, and the Ultimates aren't around, possibly dead, but apparently in Ahmed's run on Miles' comic, Ultimate universe is fine?

Basically, classic "Haha Marvel has no editors" moment if so.

Either was, as for Spider-Verse, the idea of fanservice sounded cool, even if the idea of Spider-Verse was done first on the 90's cartoon, and then done again on that Shattered Dimensions game, but having a good idea hardly means the story lives up to it, so I really doubted the quality the story would end up having and, yeah, it's pretty mediocre even if you ignore the part of "A bunch of beloved Spider-Men got killed so Morlums look strong".
    But introduced great characthers, like Si....oh right, that was bad too. But hey Mayday appears and....wait she barely did anything. But we have Uncle Ben being cheered on by Doc Ock instead of his belo-... oh god that sucked too...eh we got the movie i guest ��
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    But introduced great characthers, like Si....oh right, that was bad too. But hey Mayday appears and....wait she barely did anything. But we have Uncle Ben being cheered on by Doc Ock instead of his belo-... oh god that sucked too...eh we got the movie i guest ��
    There's a good reason the movie barely adapted anything from the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    But introduced great characthers, like Si....oh right, that was bad too.
    To be fair, Silk came around slightly before Spider-Verse, so she technically wasn't introduced in it .

Of course, she still was one the problems with the story, but, details .

But hey Mayday appears and....wait she barely did anything.
    Well, she did get her character ruined by becoming an edgelord bitch after her dad died.

Not that this is better .

But we have Uncle Ben being cheered on by Doc Ock instead of his belo-... oh god that sucked too...eh we got the movie i guest ��
    About the biggest thing the movie got from the comic is the name and Gwen, story-wise it's not like the comic, the 90's spider-verse or Shattered dimensions lol.

Comic was an inspiration to make the movie happen, but fortunately the producers were smart enough to not adapt it.

Did anyone care about the Inheritors?