Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did anyone care about the Inheritors?
    No. I don't know how you make interdimensional steampunk vampires so boring, but they did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No. I don't know how you make interdimensional steampunk vampires so boring, but they did.
    Facts, Morlun is still cool to me but that's it.
    They really messed it up

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did anyone care about the Inheritors?
    Well, I call them "Morlums" to show how much I find them interesting.

The problem with them is how there's just nothing that makes them stand out, like, the twins are slightly more sadistic (Torturing Spiders before eating them and all), Morlum's bigger brother is, bigger, the father is stronger and uh, yeah, there's just not much to make them stand out from each other, unless we're talking about Karn, but he's so different from the rest, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he's adopted.

They're just super strong, and just as boring, Spider-Geddon getting rid of them and Spencer confirming only Morlum is left is kind of an improvement even lol.

I'll still say it's kind of a waste, 'cause, y'know, bad characters can become interesting later under the right writer, so Spider-Geddon getting rid of them hurts that potential, but they're too boring for me to care lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-24-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, I call them "Morlums" to show how much I find them interesting.

The problem with them is how there's just nothing that makes them stand out, like, the twins are slightly more sadistic (Torturing Spiders before eating them and all), Morlum's bigger brother is, bigger, the father is stronger and uh, yeah, there's just not much to make them stand out from each other, unless we're talking about Karn, but he's so different from the rest, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he's adopted.

They're just super strong, and just as boring, Spider-Geddon getting rid of them and Spencer confirming only Morlum is left is kind of an improvement even lol.

I'll still say it's kind of a waste, 'cause, y'know, bad characters can become interesting later under the right writer, so Spider-Geddon getting rid of them hurts that potential, but they're too boring for me to care lol.
    Morlun was the only good one.I think of getting rid of the rest as cutting the crust on a sandwich (I actually don't mind the crust in an actual sandwich but it makes a good analogy).Basically getting rid of the bad and keeping the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Morlun was the only good one.I think of getting rid of the rest as cutting the crust on a sandwich (I actually don't mind the crust in an actual sandwich but it makes a good analogy).Basically getting rid of the bad and keeping the good.
    Yeah having so many Morlums did make Morlum stand out less.

I mean, sure, we have more than one character using power sets or names, but at least those get more focus or stories to make them stand out from each other, or they go to limbo, Morlum only really showed up alongside them in Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon, so, again, made him stand out less.

I wouldn't mind if they were kept alive but were in limbo for whatever reason, having the chance to be used later on for another writer to maybe fix 'em, but again, I also find them too boring to care.

Wonder what Morlum's gonna do now, he apparently can't leave Earth so the multiversal threat part is over, hopefully he doesn't become a villain Spidey can beat easily, 'cause the four times they fought, Spidey had to work to win (Well, he did lose for a while in one of the fights, then, uh, random post death power up lol), and between the first and the last victories, I like how they changed up the strategy Spidey used, though he shouldn't show up much, Spidey beating him up too much would ruin it even if it's always hard.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah having so many Morlums did make Morlum stand out less.

I mean, sure, we have more than one character using power sets or names, but at least those get more focus or stories to make them stand out from each other, or they go to limbo, Morlum only really showed up alongside them in Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon, so, again, made him stand out less.

I wouldn't mind if they were kept alive but were in limbo for whatever reason, having the chance to be used later on for another writer to maybe fix 'em, but again, I also find them too boring to care.

Wonder what Morlum's gonna do now, he apparently can't leave Earth so the multiversal threat part is over, hopefully he doesn't become a villain Spidey can beat easily, 'cause the four times they fought, Spidey had to work to win (Well, he did lose for a while in one of the fights, then, uh, random post death power up lol), and between the first and the last victories, I like how they changed up the strategy Spidey used, though he shouldn't show up much, Spidey beating him up too much would ruin it even if it's always hard.
    That, but not by much.The morlums were so bad that I kinda ignore them from lore.

Morlun is(and always should be IMO) always a big fight, he even got his moment in SW.

Personally I think they need to trip down Spider people same way they did Inheritors.Maybe use specialized stories, in solos or mini's to either:-

1)Kill them:-Depending on how it plays out in Beyond Ben, maybe even Silk or Anya
    2)Multiverse:-Miles and Gwen to there home worlds, maybe Silk does multiverse stuff

Then we have
    Spider-man 616:-Peter
    Spider-man 1610:-Miles
    Spider-woman 65:-Gwen
    Spider-woman 616:-Jessica Drew
    Madame Web 616:-Julia Carpenter
    Scarlet Spider 616:-Kaine

I feel that's a solid line up

That, but not by much.The morlums were so bad that I kinda ignore them from lore.

Morlun is(and always should be IMO) always a big fight, he even got his moment in SW.
    Then he got knocked out as easily as the rest by Otto lol.

Personally I think they need to trip down Spider people same way they did Inheritors.Maybe use specialized stories, in solos or mini's to either:-

1)Kill them:-Depending on how it plays out in Beyond Ben, maybe even Silk or Anya
    2)Multiverse:-Miles and Gwen to there home worlds, maybe Silk does multiverse stuff

Then we have
    Spider-man 616:-Peter
    Spider-man 1610:-Miles
    Spider-woman 65:-Gwen
    Spider-woman 616:-Jessica Drew
    Madame Web 616:-Julia Carpenter
    Scarlet Spider 616:-Kaine

I feel that's a solid line up
    Eh, unlike the other Morlums, the other Spiders are doing nothing that hurts Spidey's character, leave them around since they have their fans.

Also I wonder what the hell Marvel would do if they really decided to return Miles to Ultimate (As unlikely as I find it to happen at this point), since Peter there is alive, and unless they retcon/forget, he's kinda immortal too lol.

Extraordinary Member

Then he got knocked out as easily as the rest by Otto lol.

Eh, unlike the other Morlums, the other Spiders are doing nothing that hurts Spidey's character, leave them around since they have their fans.

Also I wonder what the hell Marvel would do if they really decided to return Miles to Ultimate (As unlikely as I find it to happen at this point), since Peter there is alive, and unless they retcon/forget, he's kinda immortal too lol.
    Yeah, but he has a moment where he had Spider-man and boomerang had to sacrifice himself to save him.

No, I think it helps the others more than Peter.None of them, even miles are close enough in comics to actually effect him.Having them all do specific stuff seems like a good idea.

And 1610 is destroyed as of now, and Maker plan to rebuild it.I think if he is successful it makes a ton of sense to have Miles be the character to reintroduce us to the 1610.And in 1610 he actually had purpose as compared to now where he's just another character w/ not much importance.

I agree, and have been saying this for a while now. The whole "Spider-Verse" thing has overstayed its welcome and has been overdone to the point where Spider-Man and his book and universe have started feel more convoluted with knock offs and sidekicks than Batman and his "Bat Family". I personally could really do without that for Peter, who is supposed to be one of Marvel's most grounded characters. All the extra, extradimensional Spider-Verse characters REALLY take away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I wonder if Marvel told Spencer to use Web Warriors or order of the web or whatever they are called.
    Probably so...gotta sell those TOYS and VIDEO GAMES!!!!!

Facts, Morlun is still cool to me but that's it.
    They really messed it up
    I never liked Morlun. He's WAY too powerful to be a Spider-Man villain. Anytime a villain is too powerful for a superhero to beat alone and he needs to recruit a TEAM to help him take that villain down everytime the villain pops up, then that villain is WAY out of that superhero's league and is not a good match for his rogues gallery, IMO.

I could even see if it was a one time battle against Morlun, but it appears they keep bringing him back now as a tired excuse to do more tired Spider-Verse stories over and over again, which makes me hate Morlun AND the whole Spider-Verse concept even more. And not only that, but now Morlun has a FAMILY of Morluns to help him who are just as powerful as he is?!? Whatever...
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 09-25-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I never liked Morlun. He's WAY too powerful to be a Spider-Man villain. Anytime a villain is too powerful for superhero to beat alone and he needs to recruit a TEAM to help him take that villain down everytime the villain pops up, then that villain is WAY out of that superhero's league and is not a good match for his rogues gallery, IMO.

I could even see if it was a one time battle against Morlun, but it appears they keep bringing him back now as a tired excuse to do more tired Spider-Verse stories over and over again, which makes me hate Morlun AND the whole Spider-Verse concept even more. And not only that, but now Morlun has a FAMILY of Morluns to help him who are just as powerful as he is?!? Whatever...
    Being too powerful is kinda the point.Spider-man had to does himself w/ near lethal amount of radiation the first time, got killed the second time and in their second last confrontation Peter had to out-smart him.

It works when written well but they over-do it and Spider-verse ruins him always.Honestly just send Spiders back to their homeworlds.We already have most of the inheritors MIA and Morlun in captivity and only used sparsely for solo Peter stories.He would/should fodderize the other Spiders.Peter only wins because of experience and his smarts alongisde being physically superior to all other/most Spiders.None of the others stand a chance

Being too powerful is kinda the point.Spider-man had to does himself w/ near lethal amount of radiation the first time, got killed the second time and in their second last confrontation Peter had to out-smart him.

It works when written well but they over-do it and Spider-verse ruins him always.Honestly just send Spiders back to their homeworlds.We already have most of the inheritors MIA and Morlun in captivity and only used sparsely for solo Peter stories.He would/should fodderize the other Spiders.Peter only wins because of experience and his smarts alongisde being physically superior to all other/most Spiders.None of the others stand a chance
    Morlun is so out of Spider-Man's class though, that it would be equivalent to making Doomsday a regular, recurring Batman villain, and then dismissing the HUGE disparity in power levels by saying, "Oh, well, Batman can always just outsmart him to beat him," or having him continuously have to team up with the rest of the Justice League (Spider-Verse characters) to take him down. Sorry, but that's not interesting at all to me personally, and is too far away from how Spider-Man usually operates as a character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Morlun is so out of Spider-Man's class though, that it would be equivalent to making Doomsday a regular, recurring Batman villain, and then dismissing the HUGE disparity in power levels by saying, "Oh, well, Batman can always just outsmart him to beat him," or having him continuously have to team up with the rest of the Justice League (Spider-Verse characters) to take him down. Sorry, but that's not interesting at all to me personally, and is too far away from how Spider-Man usually operates as a character.
    He abosrbs lifeforce, which Spider people have plenty off.And Spider-mans entire rogues gallery is below him.Venom is slightly above him in strength but is lower in speed.Morlun is the one rogue who makes you go "Oh sh*t" IMO.

I agree he should be used rarely, like once in a decade at most.

Spider-mans entire rogues gallery is below him.
    STRONGLY disagree. Sandman, Hydroman, and Electro are just three Spidey villains who come to mind who are super powerful and should give Spidey a much harder time than they normally do. The problem is just that writers too often just write them as a villain of the month type joke. Hell, even a guy like Mysterio should be considerably difficult for Spider-Man to beat and deadlier than he typically is depicted. Just look how lethal and hard to defeat he was as soon as the X-Office got their hands on him and took him seriously in Old Man Logan, and basically had him take down and KILL *ALL* of the X-Men. So you mean to tell me that Mysterio can take down a whole team full of powerful, battled hardened mutants in the X-Men, but can't be a more serious and dangerous threat for Spider-Man? Again, it's all in the way certain characters are written and used. But getting back to Morlun, he came out from his very first appearance as way too powerful a villain to be a regular/recurring villain for Spider-Man, which is HIS flaw and problem, not the rest of Spider-Man's rogues gallery's.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 09-25-2021 at 07:57 PM.