Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Spider-verse overated

This is related to the Franchising problem, not the movie.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRoolzRsZ1o/

This post basically, 1690 people agree in less than 24 hours too.

I mean, the idea was fresh and fun back in the day. I remember people being excited - what potential Spidey would we see? It brought back some fan favourites, it had some stupid ideas like killing Spider-Men for shock value, but overall it was a fun event/story.

Did it overstay it's welcome? Yeah, pretty much. And Spider-Geddon was such a stupid name...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I mean, the idea was fresh and fun back in the day. I remember people being excited - what potential Spidey would we see? It brought back some fan favourites, it had some stupid ideas like killing Spider-Men for shock value, but overall it was a fun event/story.

Did it overstay it's welcome? Yeah, pretty much. And Spider-Geddon was such a stupid name...
    This sums it up so well.

It was good because it was fresh and fun.Now it's the opposite

And Spider-geddon was a big step down.

And the fact that they will Jam any semi-popular Spider-fam character in the 616 is beyond stupid and against what Spider-verse means.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    And the fact that they will Jam any semi-popular Spider-fam character in the 616 is beyond stupid and against what Spider-verse means.
    I agree with this. I mean I like Spider-Gwen and Miles but I hope they each return to their respective universes, specially Miles since the Ultimate Universe has gone to **** and their superheroes need to save it. Maybe Marvel can make some sort of Ultimate Returns series where Miles, his family, the Ultimates, etc return to 1610 and save their world or something. Altough I wouldn't mind a crossover from time to time. Aside from those two I like that other characters like Anya, Cindy, Jess and Webb are running around in 616 because they're a little more original than just being another version of Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    I agree with this. I mean I like Spider-Gwen and Miles but I hope they each return to their respective universes, specially Miles since the Ultimate Universe has gone to **** and their superheroes need to save it. Maybe Marvel can make some sort of Ultimate Returns series where Miles, his family, the Ultimates, etc return to 1610 and save their world or something. Altough I wouldn't mind a crossover from time to time. Aside from those two I like that other characters like Anya, Cindy, Jess and Webb are running around in 616 because they're a little more original than just being another version of Spider-Man.
    Agreed fully

Not the biggest fan of the concept, it's got inherent fun factor you can't deny or not crack a smile at but the way the comic did it sucked most of the joy out of the idea. Went way too far into the mysticism and I actually like that stuff from JMS. It was done much better in the movie and in the 90s cartoon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Not the biggest fan of the concept, it's got inherent fun factor you can't deny or not crack a smile at but the way the comic did it sucked most of the joy out of the idea. Went way too far into the mysticism and I actually like that stuff from JMS. It was done much better in the movie and in the 90s cartoon.
    Same.JMS morlun stuff was good and I liked multiverse crossover.Spider-geddon was a step in the wrong direction and making so many Spidey's stay in 616 was when it got really bad.

I think the only time I really enjoyed the Spider-Verse concept was the movie, and even that treated it like a one-off adventurer within the movie's actual story and wasn't trying to balance out an ongoing Spider-Man's adventurer alongside a bunch of other Spider-People like we so often see.

I think the post hits the nail on the head that the Spider-Verse/Other Spiders really just don't fit well into Peter's narrative or the kind of stories that work for him.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I thought it smart-fully built out the mythos from The Other storyline.

It makes sense in the Marvel multiverse, I mean how many times have the X-Men, FF, Avengers, Hulk, Punisher, Iron Man, Cap or the myriads of others fought or teamed up with other versions of themselves?

It's a bit unfair to single out Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought it smart-fully built out the mythos from The Other storyline.

It makes sense in the Marvel multiverse, I mean how many times have the X-Men, FF, Avengers, Hulk, Punisher, Iron Man, Cap or the myriads of others fought or teamed up with other versions of themselves?

It's a bit unfair to single out Spidey.
    Well, the X-Men led to the Exiles but I can't say those other franchises really mined that much out of it...although I remember how brief the Cap Corps. was.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I want to see the Spiderverse crossover with the Dark Multiverse of DC
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    Ultimate Marvel needs something like DC rebirth. A big event celebrating universe history, led by Miles. Too bad 616 is now to similar to 1610, so that's never going to happen.

But hey, stories are still there, right?

Btw. Isn't 1610 kinda alive and well? I seem to remember at the end of some event, Peter and others. Was it Spider-Men 2?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Ultimate Marvel needs something like DC rebirth. A big event celebrating universe history, led by Miles. Too bad 616 is now to similar to 1610, so that's never going to happen.

But hey, stories are still there, right?

Btw. Isn't 1610 kinda alive and well? I seem to remember at the end of some event, Peter and others. Was it Spider-Men 2?
    It's destroyed.We saw it in venom 200.The Maker is trying to rebuild it though.
    I really hope this means Miles goes back to the 1610

Mighty Member

I can certainly say it overstayed it's welcome.
    The comic made sense as it was the first to do so.
    The movie made sense because it took the basic idea of the comic and made it good.
    If the MCU actually does it, it'll be to establish Secret Wars as a new Endgame.

But I do think it's overhyped, especially as I didn't really like the original comic in the first place.

I wish we'll just get a grounded Spider-man again, I miss it in the movies where a set piece would just be in a bank or in a Warehouse. Now the whole City has to be a fighting ground and I find it so boring

Who doesn't want to read about Spider-Man and 30 other SpiderOCs? Bring back Spidercide!
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«