All-New Member

Default What's the best way to show off our comics/scripts/artworks on the internet?

Hi, I'm Hatena Yagami and I'm an aspiring writer.

Recently, I started to get serious about becoming a writer and began posting my scripts on the internet. I creating a thread here first, and then opened a tumblr page(http://hatenayagami.tumblr.com/) where I can post my scripts.
    However, in both cases, I wasn't able to get much responses(thanks to those who were kind enough to give me, by the way) as I hoped for. And so, I started wondering if there's a way to have more people see what we create.

I know, for me in particular, part of this is because I only post scripts and don't have artworks, but hey, isn't that the very reason we have these kind of forums where writers and artists seek a partner to pair-up with?

Is there somewhere else we can post stuff that's more crowded with creators? Is there an effective way to advertise(twitter, facebook, etc)? Or do we just have to keep striving?
    What do you think?

BANNED

There are plenty of artists out there willing to work out your scripts.
    Work needs to be paid though. And no artist worth anything will work for free.

All-New Member

Thanks for the reply, pro. I think you've made a point there. But if so, my question is 'how can we make connections with various artists/writers'? Where's the best place to make a match-up on the internet?

I'm being specific about 'on the internet' since going to conventions is not always an option for a person like me who lives outside U.S.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Tumblr and facebook is the best way to connect with fandoms.

For writers, there are plenty of forums made just for sharing and critiquing written work. If you want to specifically focus on comic writing, and connect with other comic writers and artists, you can go to pencil jack or digital webbing forums. Keep in mind that if you want to make a match-up with a decent artist, you'll probably have to pay them for their work. But best of luck to you!

I'm made most of my connections on DeviantArt, some others on ConceptArt.org. Those sites have forums dedicated to artists looking for work.

Like pro says though: If you want something respectable--not only in work quality, but also with interaction/professionalism--hook up with an artist wanting to get paid. That's the first sign they'll at least treat your partnership like a job (and is a good evaluator of their professionalism).

Do a test script, 5-8 pages even, get them to do the work, pay them, evaluate your relationship potential and go from there.

An artist can do great work sometimes, but can then have a personality that doesn't match your own. Creating a working partnership comes down to more than just skill is what I'm saying in a long about way . Good luck!

All-New Member

Zainu, Nuno XEl, thanks for the advise! You're suggestions gave me new insights for promoting projects.
    I realized that though all these internet stuff has made it easier for creators to promote stuff, it always comes down to basic human-to-human relationship.

I'm going to try some other forums and social medias you two have suggested, so let's hope we meet there as well!

Thanks!

Hatena Yagami