Default GI Joe Classic/Modern

The popularity of GI Joe: A Real American Hero (Marvel) has spanned multiple decades and stretched into this new millennium of rather entertaining live-action films starring Channing Tatum, Dennis Quaid, Christopher Eccleston, Jonathan Pryce, and others. The advent of these inventive live-action films certainly reflects/shapes the direction of modern Marvel GI Joe comics, and if we compare these new era 'film-bonded' comics to yesteryear's brand of more ruggedly patriotism-centric comics, what kinds of parallels regarding developments in terrorism-storytelling do/should we see really?

It seems to me Marvel has the unique opportunity now to capture this special moment of cinema-magic driven comics art. What are some thoughts? I mean, are people fans of the film(s)?

====

CLASSIC:

Duke: We strike at Cobra before nuclear holocaust.
    Snake-Eyes: We need that base map now, Commander.

MODERN:

Duke: I fear Scarlett's been brainwashed, Snake!
    Snake-Eyes: We go for the assassination of Cobra Commander.

====

ss1.jpg

IDW has the rights to GI Joe comics, not Marvel. Same with all Hasbro properties except for Power Rangers (which was at Boom Studios already when Hasbro acquired the franchise).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Awesome! I love classic G.I. Joe from Marvel!
    Every issue had something special (especially, whenever they did the "silent" issues):

"Silent Interlude"
    (G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, Vol. 1 #21)

"Hush Job"
    (G.I. Joe: Yearbook, Vol. 1 #3)