Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Default Michael B. Jordan Developing His Own Black Superman Project for HBO Max

Michael B. Jordan and his production company Outlier Society are developing their own Black Superman project for HBO Max that centers on the Val-Zod incarnation of the character, Collider has exclusively learned.

Sources say that Outlier Society has hired a writer who is currently working on the script, though we were unable to ascertain their identity. Though it was initially unclear whether the Val-Zod project would be a movie or a limited series, sources have since reached out to clarify that as of right now, it is, in fact, being written as a limited series that Jordan will produce and possibly even star in, though he has yet to officially commit on the latter front.

As previously reported, J.J. Abrams and his company Bad Robot are set to produce a Black Superman movie for Warner Bros. that is expected to follow the Kal-El/Clark Kent version of the character. Though Clark Kent is traditionally depicted as white in the DC comics, the character will be played by a Black actor in the Bad Robot movie, which will likely be directed by a Black filmmaker, as Abrams is simply expected to produce. Author and cultural critic Ta-Nehisi Coates is already hard at work on the script for that project.
    https://collider.com/michael-b-jorda...l-zod-hbo-max/

I must be dreaming: 2 Black Superman projects and one is my fave Val-Zod? DC, I love you!

BANNED

We just need coates to not be a black Clark and just be Calvin Ellis and this will be an amazing time to be a Superman fan

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Superman & Lois
    New Superman animated series
    Superman feature film
    Grant Morrison writing a Superman comic with Mikel Janin on art
    AAA Superman video game
    Val Zod HBO Max series

Has there ever been a better time to be a Superman fan? We're living through the Superman renaissance.

I know we're already getting a lot of Justice Society stuff but I wonder if they'll feature here? Always wondered if we'll ever see them attempt Powergirl in live action. Plus I hear Jeffery Dean Morgan still wants to play Thomas Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    Superman & Lois
    Superman feature film
    AAA Superman video game
    Val Zod HBO Max series

Has there ever been a better time to be a Superman fan? We're living through the Superman renaissance.
    I think I was probably more excited in years passed. Most of those things listed aren't even out yet, so we don't know if they'll 1) make it out the door or 2) be any good. Points for multimedia, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think I was probably more excited in years passed. Most of those things listed aren't even out yet, so we don't know if they'll 1) make it out the door or 2) be any good. Points for multimedia, though.
    Yeah, and there's been no official word on a Superman video game. He's just going to be a boss in the Suicide Squad game.

I'm incredibly dubious about the Abrams/Coates movie myself.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Superman & Lois
    Superman feature film
    AAA Superman video game
    Val Zod HBO Max series

And the Krypto animated movie!

Hmm... So are we gonna get that evil Superman guy? Brutaal? Y'know, the bootleg Bizarro.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Hmm... So are we gonna get that evil Superman guy? Brutaal? Y'know, the bootleg Bizarro.
    Brutaal is actually a pretty incredible way of introducing bizarro without Luthor

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Is this actually a good thing? Michael B. Jordan isn't successful when it comes to non-dramatic roles. I can understand J.J. Abrhams, he has some hits under his belt. But, Jordan?

Superman & Lois
    Superman feature film
    AAA Superman video game
    Val Zod HBO Max series

Superman video game?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Is this actually a good thing? Michael B. Jordan isn't successful when it comes to non-dramatic roles. I can understand J.J. Abrhams, he has some hits under his belt. But, Jordan?
    Could totally be ****, but why worry or care about that now? It’s happening regardless so if it comes out and sucks it’s just another failure with Superman from WB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Superman video game?
    There’s rumors WB Montreal are making a Superman video game, but nothing concrete yet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I posted this in the Val-Zod thread but I'll repeat it here -

As a longtime Val fan, I'm very happy about this news and excited to watch the series.

*crosses fingers* I hope they include a version on Kara\Karen in this. Val's story would not be the same without her. IMO, she is his Lois.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

More interested in seeing this than the Coates version. Hope it's good.