Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Guess I'm in the minority, because I'd like a black Clark (as long as they have the same humble, rural background and a Pa and Ma Kent worthy of the role [as opposed to Man of Steel's]), but I don't like anyone but Clark being the main Superman.
    Last edited by Venceremos; 07-24-2021 at 12:57 AM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...07444273131525

Tom Taylor said that he and Nicola Scott are freaking out because they had Michael B. Jordan in mind when they created Val Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This is yes - but there's also a black Clark film planned. A lot of us aren't enthused with that later one. But this one I'm excited for.
    Ohh ok, I think I was reading the thread too fast. I REALLY hope that project is about Calvin, I didn't know it was confirmed to be black Clark.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I know we're already getting a lot of Justice Society stuff but I wonder if they'll feature here? Always wondered if we'll ever see them attempt Powergirl in live action. Plus I hear Jeffery Dean Morgan still wants to play Thomas Batman.
    They can do what they want with Val Zod as far as I'm concerned, so long as they leave Power Girl way the hell out of it. I want her first live action appearance if she ever has one, to be as arm candy for a vastly inferior character. Not that the Nu52 PG was a prize either, but classic PG deserves better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    They can do what they want with Val Zod as far as I'm concerned, so long as they leave Power Girl way the hell out of it. I want her first live action appearance if she ever has one, to be as arm candy for a vastly inferior character. Not that the Nu52 PG was a prize either, but classic PG deserves better.
    Replace power girl with Nubia’s Wonder Woman, replace Helena’s huntress with Mera’s Aquawoman(played by Emilia Clarke), and Batman with Helena Wayne’s batwoman

Perfect lineup right there
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-24-2021 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Ohh ok, I think I was reading the thread too fast. I REALLY hope that project is about Calvin, I didn't know it was confirmed to be black Clark.
    It hasn't been "officially" confirmed as a black Clark Kent yet, but every single bit we hear or see about it pretty much paints the picture that yeah, it's Clark Kent with a lot more pigment and not Calvin.
    But the MBJ series this thread is about is for Val.

Calvin sadly seems to be getting left behind.

Astonishing Member

He was trying to launch this project for years, I'm glad he's finally managed to achieve his dream.
    Looking forward to see this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...07444273131525

Tom Taylor said that he and Nicola Scott are freaking out because they had Michael B. Jordan in mind when they created Val Zod.
    That’s very interesting.

I’m actually happy for Tom Taylor and Nicola Scott.

Val-Zod is the one Superman that doesn’t fit the mold and could actually be a more unusual take on the mythos.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Could totally be ****, but why worry or care about that now? It’s happening regardless so if it comes out and sucks it’s just another failure with Superman from WB.

There’s rumors WB Montreal are making a Superman video game, but nothing concrete yet.
    Because aside from Smallville and his current show, WB's record with Superman adaptations has been shitty since Superman II. Not a fan of STAS, that show is nowhere near successful as BTAS or JL/U.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Because aside from Smallville and his current show, WB's record with Superman adaptations has been shitty since Superman II. Not a fan of STAS, that show is nowhere near successful as BTAS or JL/U.
    Which is why I don't understand all the enthusiasm for either Super Obama or Val Zod; if DC can't even get their relatively simple, easy to understand main Superman right on film, why does anyone expect them to do differently with a more complex character like Val Zod, who started with such promise, only to turn into mostly a background character because no one bothered to follow up on what made him interesting, instead choosing to trust him into a long, complex storyline that only vaguely involved him...and made him seem like a useless idiot to boot.

That character has promise in much the same way that any character can be made to be good, and it has a ready made hook...but I have no confidence at all that WB/DC can pull it off.

As far as STAS goes, I think a big part of what detracted from the show was the truly horrible animation. I remember thinking at the time that their fights for example, looked horrible in comparison to BTAS or JLU. Must have changed whoever they subbed out the animation to for that show.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-24-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I especially don't want Power Girl's cinematic debut to be someone's arm candy, I don't want that for any superhero. Seriously. Do not introduce a female character who has her own thing going on never seen before as a Superman's girlfriend. It's just awful.

The New 52 is one of the worst things to ever happen to PG. It relegated her to arm candy twice. TWICE.
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-24-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Which is why I don't understand all the enthusiasm for either Super Obama or Val Zod; if DC can't even get their relatively simple, easy to understand main Superman right on film, why does anyone expect them to do differently with a more complex character like Val Zod, who started with such promise, only to turn into mostly a background character because no one bothered to follow up on what made him interesting, instead choosing to trust him into a long, complex storyline that only vaguely involved him...and made him seem like a useless idiot to boot.

That character has promise in much the same way that any character can be made to be good, and it has a ready made hook...but I have no confidence at all that WB/DC can pull it off.

As far as STAS goes, I think a big part of what detracted from the show was the truly horrible animation. I remember thinking at the time that their fights for example, looked horrible in comparison to BTAS or JLU. Must have changed whoever they subbed out the animation to for that show.
    They need people behind who actually care about the project. Never watched the new show, but from the sounds of it the team care about Superman. This is why Batman eclipsed Superman. Batman adaptions have been mostly hits.

BANNED

The first time I saw Michael B. Jordan was on Friday Night Lights, it was a good role and it was seen that he has charisma, something very important for an actor, over the years he has been improving with the odd blow (4 fantastic) , but with his Creed saga he has gained a lot of fame and many followers, so I am sure that regardless of the quality of the series, it will be a success. I think that is what superman has lacked in the cinema, a charismatic actor who is above good and evil (Cavill has gained his charisma over time).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    They need people behind who actually care about the project. Never watched the new show, but from the sounds of it the team care about Superman. This is why Batman eclipsed Superman. Batman adaptions have been mostly hits.
    for warner / dc, Batman is above success, in the 90s batman had very bad movies, but it did not matter, warner / dc kept releasing movies. superman had to wait more than 20 years to have a movie, MoS took it out of obligation , the rest of Dc has it even worse. a clear example is snyder's batman, he was the leader of the 2 most important films in dc history, the 2 were a failure, but at no time was batman blamed. Superman doesn't need a hit, he needs someone in the offices who cares about him, like the rest cares about Batman.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If this gets made and we'll still have Superman and Lois running then they'll need to differentiate this from that so I hope they really pull from E2 comic and have Val be part of a new wave of heroes after a war leaves the Trinity dead/disappeared.