Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, you know, terraforming a planet in minutes.
    Oh, did that happen?

lol, I completely forgot.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, you know, terraforming a planet in minutes.
    Oh please we all knew about that months before the issue came out.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 07-23-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Spectacular Member

Please no. Doing it once made it a fun special event. But going through a Hellfire Gala and election every single calendar year is too much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    [NOTE:Hope it’s okay to create a thread about this. Hadn’t seen this mentioned anywhere, and it seems like pretty big news.]

Earlier this year, X-Men fans got a chance to vote for two members of the recently relaunched, superhero-ized X-Men team - and some time next summer, it seems they'll get another chance, as X-Men series writer Gerry Duggan has revealed that the Hellfire Gala party and its accompanying X-vote will happen annually.

During a conversation about the aftermath of 'The Hellfire Gala' event as part of Marvel's X-Men Comic-Con At Home panel, X-Men group editor Jordan D. White and writers Gerry Duggan (Marauders, X-Men), Vita Ayala (Children of the Atom, New Mutants), Benjamin Percy (Wolverine, X-Force), and Leah Williams (The Trial of Magneto) all agreed that the Hellfire Gala - both the story and the party itself - were a success.

Moderator Ryan Penagos then asked a fan-submitted question about whether the Gala would become an annual event.

"When Emma threw that party, she said it was the first and that she didn't intend for it to be the last," answered White. "So if people are into it, I think we'd be thrilled to keep it coming."

The writers each echoed White's approval for the idea of telling another 'Hellfire Gala' story next year - "Who doesn't want an excuse to dress up and show off to all the humans, flex on them?" joked Ayala. But the news didn't stop there.

As the conversation turned to who each of the writers may have voted for in the X-vote, Duggan personally expressed his vote for Tempo and his wish to bring her to the X-Men, while also stating his excitement over adding vote-winning mutant Polaris to the team.

The panel discussed the lengths fans went to to campaign for their favorite candidates, including building websites and Twitter accounts dedicated to their favorite picks - with Williams even jokingly confessing she used multiple IP addresses to vote twice, once for Marrow and once for Tempo. This prompted Percy to likewise joke that he made numerous fake accounts to vote for Maggot - the punchline being that Maggot was not one of the characters included on the ballot.

While lamenting that his personal choice didn't make the cut, Duggan assured fans that he and they would get another chance to add their personal favorites to the X-Men during the next Hellfire Gala, which will also turn the X-vote into an annual event.

"The interesting way we're gonna do this from now on is, we'll have a yearly Hellfire Gala with a newly elected team," Duggan stated, hesitating slightly "...perhaps."

Duggan capped off the apparent announcement with a joke, adding "So if your favorite isn't on the X-Men, it's because you let that character down."

Marvel hasn't officially commented in response to Newsarama's inquiry about plans for an annual Hellfire Gala and X-Men vote. Despite Duggan's punchline, the rest of the panel, which can still be viewed, indicates the likelihood of such a plan being in place.

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/x-men...mpression=true
    Only one word for this:

Bleh.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Nice! Love the idea of a yearly gala showcasing new fashion and potential costumes. As well as a rotating cast on X-men.
    Bleh
    Bleh
    Bleh.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Nah, I rather see the Avengers held their own gala and elections.
    I'ld rather see them tossed into the PIT.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn’t mind another Gala as a big social interaction for the Marvel universe (so yes, more non-X tie in books); but honestly neither office can be trusted to cooperate fully

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Nice! Love the idea of a yearly gala showcasing new fashion and potential costumes. As well as a rotating cast on X-men.
    Bleh
    Bleh
    Bleh.
    Agreed. What vain creatures the former heroes have become… “Did you notice my new costume? Doesn’t it look splendid on my super-fit and muscled body?”
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Nothing wears off novelty and excitement like repetition, so no

Astonishing Member

One thought that occurs to give it some novelty would be for it to be about electing a different team’s roster than the main X-Men book; like say a new Unity Squad/Uncanny Avengers/insert sufficiently balanced title here roster?

I don’t think that anyone’s under any illusions that comics wise pretty much everyone who isn’t a Mutant, Cosmic or Spider-adjacent has already been relegated to the C list; so a gala that’s about the superheroes/adventurers/vigilantes/superspies of Man, Mutant & Others dressing up, interacting in a non-fights manner (and yes, the X-characters flexing on everyone else) seems like a non-goodwill destroying summer event

We could bet on the new writer- and fan favorites

I liked the Gala, but I’m good for at least the next 2 years. Also in-universe there were like 4 deaths so not the best look.

If they were to do it again I’d prefer a big one-shot that all the writers who want to contribute can add to.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 07-24-2021 at 06:13 AM.

Hellfire Buffet, BYOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Hellfire Buffet, BYOB.
    Hellfire Tailgate Party.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I liked the Gala, but I’m good for at least the next 2 years. Also in-universe there were like 4 deaths so not the best look.

If they were to do it again I’d prefer a big one-shot that all the writers who want to contribute can add to.
    A big one-shot is what this one should've been. Hellfire Gala 80 Page Giant No 1 and Planet-Size X-Men No 1, nice and clean. I guess you could've gotten away with a Guidebook One-Shot, for the outfits and guestlist and junk.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.