Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Doesn't make me believe there is really a three-year plan by the Head of X. Seems like the rest of the office is amazed they actually had a good idea yet can't conceive they might be able to have a second, so they just do the first twice. Probably too harsh with my wording, but still...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    What if this whole voting process was actually just fake, a promotional stunt for the new team? The team already established but they wanted to make the readers feel important and believing to be part of the process.
    Well, yes it basically was. Dugan approved the ballot, Polaris was the most popular character on the ballot, she was pretty much guaranteed to win. Despite Dugan saying voted for tempo and wanted her to win, if he had wanted her on the team he could have put her on the team, with all the other people who weren’t voted on, lol.

Incredible Member

Bad idea that probably won't end up happening.

Astonishing Member

Maybe do an annual giant-size special with variants spread out among the other issues that come out that month?

Limits the risk of bloat and fatigue. Making it an X-Men-lead Marvel special might increase commercial appeal?

As I slowly fall in love with the new team, I’m dreading this more and more.

Hellfire Bingo Night
    Hellfire Friday Night Fish Fry

In answer tho the actual thread question, no need for another gala. I thought the idea was lame, but ended up enjoying the heck out of it. But keep the new ideas coming instead of recycling the old ones.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Doesn't make me believe there is really a three-year plan by the Head of X. Seems like the rest of the office is amazed they actually had a good idea yet can't conceive they might be able to have a second, so they just do the first twice. Probably too harsh with my wording, but still...
    JDW said that Hickman scrapped the 3 year plan he had when Dawn of X was such a resounding success. It was more a three act plan than three year anyway.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As I slowly fall in love with the new team, I’m dreading this more and more.
    I do think they're going to scrap this horrible idea, and I'm usually cynical about Marvel or DC making the right creative decision. It's just so obviously dumb to not let a team breathe and grow for more than 11 issues (9 or 10 if there are major delays).