Extraordinary Member

Default Michael B. Jordan's Val Zod on HBO Max

So it looks like we're getting 2 black Superman projects.
    https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=M...+zod&FORM=EWRE

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63370066

That's fine, I like DC going the opposite route to Marvel in how they approach their movies (i.e. not connecting everything), but I really don't think multiple Superman/Batman projects is my preferred tactic. I know they have various different IP's in development right now, but I can't help but feel like one of these Superman films could have its budget used for something a bit more out there.

Works for me - I much prefer this than Abrams and Coates race change Clark Kent thing. I don't really know anything about Val, haven't read his comics, but more than willing to give it a shot to support an actual poc superhero. Any idea if it's part of the DCEU or another part of their multiverse like Joker/The Batman/Black Superman reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    but I really don't think multiple Superman/Batman projects is my preferred tactic.
    I've been wanting multiple versions of Superman and/or Batman for years now. I'd like to see Joker get a couple sequels and introduce a different Batman from Pattinson's. would be cool.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 07-23-2021 at 06:33 PM.

I'm curious about it.

Smile

I'm so pumped for this. One of my favorites is FINALLY getting his chance to shine, hurray!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've been wanting multiple versions of Superman and/or Batman for years now. I'd like to see Joker get a couple sequels and introduce a different Batman from Pattinson's. would be cool.
    For me personally, I just wouldn't mind less of a focus on both of those characters/franchises

BANNED

Not a bad idea. one of the great things about DC is, they can make stand alone movies with 100% creative freedom. so this sounds pretty cool. Next we need is HBO MAX Ben Affleck Batman film as another stand alone film.

Val-Zod's more of a blank slate to me so I'm curious what they come up with. He has characterization from the Earth 2 series from the New 52 era but I see them scrapping most of that and going back to basics with him. Granted maybe this takes place on Earth 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    For me personally, I just wouldn't mind less of a focus on both of those characters/franchises
    I'm kind of the same but different - it's not that I want them to get less focus, but rather have the same amount of focus as they do now while other characters also get more focus. Rather than anyone getting less focus, I want all of them to get more focus and more content. I'm just greedy with my DC love like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Not a bad idea. one of the great things about DC is, they can make stand alone movies with 100% creative freedom. so this sounds pretty cool. Next we need is HBO MAX Ben Affleck Batman film as another stand alone film.
    Same. For all that I'm not a huge fan of Snyder's films like you are (I like them just fine unlike a lot of others here, but I don't feel that strongly about it) I do think that Ben Affleck as Batman was darn near perfect casting and would love to see him in the role in a proper Batman solo outing at least one time.

Good for Michael B. Jordan and Val-Zod fans?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Same. For all that I'm not a huge fan of Snyder's films like you are (I like them just fine unlike a lot of others here, but I don't feel that strongly about it) I do think that Ben Affleck as Batman was darn near perfect casting and would love to see him in the role in a proper Batman solo outing at least one time.
    Actually it is a big misconception that I am a big huge fan of Snyder films were I find no fault in them. what I did was support his right as a film maker to make his movies, the way he wants and be judge on them on that factor. Although I do personally find Snyder as a good film maker even if I don't agree with all his decisions.

no director is perfect, but at least, I rather know I am watching their own movies no matters the flaw. As for Ben, that too was going to be a film he wrote and directed, so it would have been different from Snyder's style but still overall, very good for DC creatively in new ways, which let's face it, that is what movies should be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Actually it is a big misconception that I am a big huge fan of Snyder films were I find no fault in them. what I did was support his right as a film maker to make his movies, the way he wants and be judge on them on that factor. Although I do personally find Snyder as a good film maker even if I don't agree with all his decisions.

no director is perfect, but at least, I rather know I am watching their own movies no matters the flaw. As for Ben, that too was going to be a film he wrote and directed, so it would have been different from Snyder's style but still overall, very good for DC creatively in new ways, which let's face it, that is what movies should be about.
    Would have definitely been something impressive. Haven't seen the movies Affleck's directed, but always heard good things about them.