Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I mean...tumblr's horny for everything. It's why I stopped going there for Batfamily art lol

I left many years ago... In that place there are a lot of special persons and art. Too much for my taste.

and I only joined because in RSOB days I was interested in find Damian fanarts

Damijon existence ruined me the search for Damian fanarts.. Tumblr, Deviantart, Twitter... They are always here. The most safe place to see Damian fanarts without see anything weird/disturbing is here apparently. Or I will continue blocking people forever.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-25-2021 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Even Ra´s for now... He looks like a hippie hahahaha. In reddit someone said that even looks as one yoga instructor..

I liked how he trolled Damian saying that he sleeps too much.
    Ra's does look like a Zen yoga instructor. So different from the barrel chested, extra hairy topless dude who fought Bruce in the desert.

I like that Ra's.

To me he looks younger and tougher here... Not a +500 years man.

Now this is the issue I cant wait to pick up this week.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I loved this issue, probably my favorite by far. Except for the janky-looking Robins, Corona was spectacular.

spoilers:
    I'm digging the mystery around Respawn. I'm not reading Teen Titans Academy, but reading the reviews and reactions, they're not digging the Red X mystery plot or at least find it to be the least interesting part of the book. I just find it interesting there's two mysterious character with an unknown identity plots going on at the same time and one of them is good and the other is bad. My heart wants the reveal to be kid Jon because I'm desperate for literally any reason for him to come back, but I'd hazard to guess it'll be revealed to be Mara al Ghul. Now that'll be a real twist. Some have said Grant Wilson, but I don't know enough about the Wilson's family history to buy into that theory.

Speaking of al Ghul's, I think the last time Williamson got to write Ra's was in his Batman/Superman run, so that's cool he got another go with him. Hopefully this new characterization will stick because it is quite the departure from the character, but Williamson grounds it very much in continuity and makes it feel like a natural progression and development, but that hasn't stopped less scrupulous writers from throwing out years of stories that are well-establish and widely-accepted canon because they couldn't be bothered to use continuity as a story-enhancement and instead just do their own thing and invalidate everything that came before them.

I also agree with that 9/10 No tournament review because that's what I came to this book for and I haven't been getting it, but I can at least express a modicum of patience and enjoy the build because the build is one of the best parts of watching wrestling and eventually we will get to the big blow off. Williamson won't disappoint, but if he does, well, he won't be the first writer to drop the ball.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by garazza; 07-27-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I loved this issue, probably my favorite by far. Except for the janky-looking Robins, Corona was spectacular.

spoilers:
    I'm digging the mystery around Respawn. I'm not reading Teen Titans Academy, but reading the reviews and reactions, they're not digging the Red X mystery plot or at least find it to be the least interesting part of the book. I just find it interesting there's two mysterious character with an unknown identity plots going on at the same time and one of them is good and the other is bad. My heart wants the reveal to be kid Jon because I'm desperate for literally any reason for him to come back, but I'd hazard to guess it'll be revealed to be Mara al Ghul. Now that'll be a real twist. Some have said Grant Wilson, but I don't know enough about the Wilson's family history to buy into that theory.

Speaking of al Ghul's, I think the last time Williamson got to write Ra's was in his Batman/Superman run, so that's cool he got another go with him. Hopefully this new characterization will stick because it is quite the departure from the character, but Williamson grounds it very much in continuity and makes it feel like a natural progression and development, but that hasn't stopped less scrupulous writers from throwing out years of stories that are well-establish and widely-accepted canon because they couldn't be bothered to use continuity as a story-enhancement and instead just do their own thing and invalidate everything that came before them.

I also agree with that 9/10 No tournament review because that's what I came to this book for and I haven't been getting it, but I can at least express a modicum of patience and enjoy the build because the build is one of the best parts of watching wrestling and eventually we will get to the big blow off. Williamson won't disappoint, but if he does, well, he won't be the first writer to drop the ball.
    end of spoilers
    You summed up how I felt about that last page perfectly, I thought the art for the rest of the issue was fine...but that last shot with Dick, Tim, Jason and Steph was just bad.