Incredible Member

Default Preview: Detective Comics # 1040

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/23/dc...e-comics-1040/

When the cops brought Bruce Wayne in for questioning last month, a giant money-man with a bazooka and a mustache for days blew the place up. So what’s that mean for Gotham’s ex-favorite son? Well, it means Bruce Wayne has to spend a weekend in lockup! Can Batman’s alter ego go the weekend without getting stabbed? (I suppose to be fair, he’s stabbed on the reg as Batman anyway…)

PLUS: A major Batman villain meets his death in a story that will rock the world of Gotham City in a monstrous way! Do not miss: The Night [REDACTED] Was Killed by Dan Watters and Kyle Hotz!
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 07-23-2021 at 06:11 PM.

No, really though, who in their right mind would vacation in Gotham ?

Bruce in jail? That's been a while.

I think Babs being Oracle again has done wonders for her and Bruce's relationship. They actually seem to get along again.

Sorry nurse, Superheroes never stay in bed...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh this is where the nurse and the ivy came from

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This book is so much fun I can't wait!

It's great getting to read a more rounded, vulnerable and vastly toned down Batman story that doesn't just have him barking orders but instead treating his allies as contemporaries. Also, the compassion he is showing for the dead and even Lady Clayface was incredibly refreshing. Compassion used to be a key part of Batman and I love seeing that side of him again (i.e. more than an angry ball of violent rage).

Not sure about the death of X. Really not keen on killing off characters and had my fill with the somewhat vague death statuses created by A-Day.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!